The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » The Anime Contradicted Itself!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Anime Contradicted Itself!
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 04-01-2001 01:15 AM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you know what I mean? If you think WAY WAY back, when Ash was battling Sabrina, Sabrina's father says: "Ghost Pokémon are the best way to defeat psychics."

Thursday's episode of Pokémon (on YTV in Canada), Ash meets a Girafarig trainer who lives in a town full of Psychic Pokémon trainers, who say the reason for training psychics are "to ward off the ghost Pokémon who live near here, since psychics are the best way to defeat ghosts."

In a way, both are true, yet both are false in another, and the apparent way is that they contradict each other.

SIGH... don't the producers of the anime ever look at their past footage?

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 01:27 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They forgot. Sue 'em. They can't remember what happens in EVERY episode to make sure something dosn't contradict something.

------------------
This space, much like my ex-girlfriend, is for rent.

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 12:29 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've got another one.

Let's go back to when they first arrive at the Saffron City Gym. The guy they first meet tell them that you can't control a Psychic-type Pokemon without having telekinetic powers.

They've actually contradicted themselves on this one numerous times.

Misty and her Starmie (and this is a pretty frequent one)

Giovanni and "his" Mewtwo

Prof. Westwood and his Slowpoke/Slowbro.

Mandy and his Exeggutor.

Rudy and his Starmie AND Exeggutor (double ouch!) (he's the 3rd Orange Crew member)

The 4th Orange Crew member (forgot her name) and her Alakazam.

Gah, there are probably more, but I can't quite think of them right now.

------------------
-NickWhiz1
The "Best Statistics Follower" of the CLST

NickWhiz1's Pokemon Domain, still the worst Pokemon site in existence XD

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 04:56 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's the Sabrina saying in the game that "everyone has psychic powers." Perhaps these people, including Misty, had some degree of psychic ability, but nothing actually noticeable.

As for Gio and Mewtwo, Mewtwo attacked on his own, without assistance. After all, if there was a trainer/trainee relationship between them two, it would go like this:

Mewtwo: Gio, Headbutt.

------------------
Good Excel: The Bullet of Justice will always demolish evil! Remember that!
Excel: That's some dirty justice.
(Weird Anime Excel Saga)

AIM: Nobie20

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 01:34 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
kelv: The Anime Contradicted Itself!

Well, that's a news flash.

Happens all the time.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 03:14 AM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually,I think they were talking about Gengars,which are part poison,so psychic powers can destroy them. I don't think that Haunter wanted to fight Kadabra back then for that reason. (Also,they probably meant Lick or Shadowball since those moves hurt psychics.)

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 05:35 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nick, if that were true, then all the PBS players in the world would be so loaded with Psychic powers that the idea of "private thoughts" as we know it would be flushed down the toilet.

"Hmm...since I'm so Psychic, my team will be Exeggutor, Alakazam, Starmie, Mewtwo..."

------------------
Hello, Zesty? Call waiting. Hello? Zesty!

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 07:39 PM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah... so? The anime sucks, 'specially the dubbed American one.
One can only expect this kind of stuff from it, like calling Growlithes Arcanines.

------------------
Visit Reality's End, the Home Page of Phantasy and the R.E. League

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to touch it." - A quote by a cheerleader from my school to me (yes, me) that can be taken way out of context

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 10:12 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The sub rules though.

Veronica Taylor can't possibly compare to the voice talents of Matsumoto Rika.

And most of all, nothing compares in the dub to Subbed Mewtwo's voice.

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~as798/madhouse/anime-shrine/mewtwo/mewtwo-voice.wav

------------------
Good Excel: The Bullet of Justice will always demolish evil! Remember that!
Excel: That's some dirty justice.
(Weird Anime Excel Saga)

AIM: Nobie20

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.