The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Pokemon Stadium 2

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pokemon Stadium 2
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2001 08:02 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I was at the local Best Buy today when I found Pokemon Stadium 2 on display, fully playable. This isn't a review, it's just my comments on the game after watching it for about 10 minutes.

Before this, I'd only seen PokeSta 2 on some video files. And although they were good quality, it's still nothing like watching the actual game in action. Thunder has a nice ripple effect when it hits the opponent (it reminded me of an effect from one of the Zelda games). Suicune looks *sweet* in Stadium. ^.^ Shadow Ball on Sentret looked pretty cool (the ball formed in front of Sentret, then it punched it towards the enemy). Hmm. Can't remember much else. I'm gonna have to get myself back to Best Buy though. ^-^

------------------

CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2001 08:20 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Whines and pouts because she doesn't have a N64*

------------------
~ Crystal the Anime cat girl ~
"It seemed like a good idea at the time."
--Mason Verger on cutting off his face and feeding it to the dog, Hannibal

From: Hell on Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2001 02:43 AM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've played it as well at my local TRU, that quiz feature kicked arse man, I can't wait until the end of march when my little bro gets it for his birthday. (I know, I paid for the pre-order....:->

------------------
Call me mint jelly, cause I'm on the lamb!

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2001 09:00 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Just a bit more after playing it again yesterday. The Library is great. Not only does the Pokemon section list what attacks they learns in G/S, it also lists the attacks they learn in R/B/Y as well. ^^ Played some of the mini games, kicked some ass in the Scyther/Pinsir one. Did some battling. I noticed that Ember looked a bit better (other than a small fireball like it was in the first Stadium, it actually looks more like embers this time).

------------------

Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 03-19-2001 03:55 PM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have a UK release date?

------------------
Mew:A mythical Pokemon of South America which had been thought extinct. When viewed through a microscope this Pokemon's short fine delicate hair is seen. So rare it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. A growing number of people have seen it recently. It's DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokemon, so it can use all kinds of techniques. Apparently, it only appears to those people who are pure of heart and have strong desire to see it. Mew has only been seen in captivity a few times. As a result, Mew is extremely sought after by collectors.

Chloreon
Farting Nudist
Member # 945

Member Rated:
posted 03-20-2001 06:12 AM      Profile for Chloreon   Email Chloreon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Yeah, hopefully they'll release it here before the N64 finally pops its clogs...

------------------
Chloreon: A grass-type Eeveelution evolved with a Leaf Stone.
---------
"It's crushed ants. It's used as a spread on toast and other foodstuffs....such as Toffee Crisps." - Tghost, on being asked what Marmite is

From: Birmingham, UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 03-20-2001 09:03 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mew's Dad:
Does anyone have a UK release date?

October, along with Crystal apparently. I for one am not waiting. Only six days now...

------------------
"you dirty, motherless son of an icecream maker!" - Geese Howard, FF Special

Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2001 01:49 PM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, they'll release it here cause it'll sell a LOT. I might buy Crystal (for Celebi).

------------------
Mew:A mythical Pokemon of South America which had been thought extinct. When viewed through a microscope this Pokemon's short fine delicate hair is seen. So rare it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. A growing number of people have seen it recently. It's DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokemon, so it can use all kinds of techniques. Apparently, it only appears to those people who are pure of heart and have strong desire to see it. Mew has only been seen in captivity a few times. As a result, Mew is extremely sought after by collectors.

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2001 04:19 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

According to Meowth346, you'll need the Mobile Adaptor to get Celebi ...

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/meowth346/gs/faq/legendary/faq_Celebi.htm

If Nintendo doesn't release the Mobile Adaptor, or doesn't find a way to get past the whole mobile phone problem, you probably won't get it unless they make an alternate way.

------------------

Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 03-22-2001 08:25 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think I'll be getting it. After all, after several times of playing Stadium 1, the only real use it has is as a tool to do stuff on your pack and dodrio. The battling sucks, and if you have a gameshark, you can get all the extras and moves. However, if it's worth it, I'll rethink. I still have to get Conker's and several OC games first.
From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.