The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Holy Crap! Advance New Pokemon!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holy Crap! Advance New Pokemon!
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2001 09:23 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well on meowth364's site, there are 3 new pokemon, that apparently are from Pokemon Advance!
His site's at:
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/Meowth346/forever.htm

Anythoughts on new pokemon, or that new trainer?

I'm thinking Ruriri is a Pre-Evo of Marill. Kakureon seems to be a new Evo line.... maybe Bug/Grass or Ground/Poison type? Hoeruko looks to be a pre-evo of Mantine. That trainer looks kinda cool.

Good Job Meowth!

------------------
LOBSTER STICKS TO MAGNET!

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 03-07-2001 09:52 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, 3 Pokémon would round out to 254 Pokémon, plus "Egg" (why not an "egg bit" in GS?) makes 255, rounding out the one-byte thing (the 256th graphic, of course, is NOTHING, or NO POKÉ HERE!)

Hoeruko, the Japanese name sounds like the name of a new whale Pokémon more likely (I'd say the type is NOR/WAT), but the first one is definitely a Marill pre-evo (Babymarill!) while that third Pokémon is, I believe, new (I'd say that type could be POI/DRK).

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2001 09:55 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That chameleon could also be a Dragon type.

------------------
This space, much like my ex-girlfriend, is for rent.

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2001 10:07 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

It has to be a pre-evolution of Marill. It looks more like a smaller Marill than an larger Azumarill.

Kakureon is probably a play on the Japanese word "kakureru" which means "to hide/conceal oneself". If that's true, then it's safe to say it is a chameleon.

[This message has been edited by Crimzonite (edited 03-07-2001).]

Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2001 10:34 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I would expect that Advance would break the 256 barrier. Not everthing has to be done in 2^8. I also expect that there will be more than 256 moves. After all, advance is supposed to be a 32-bit handheld, you would expect something good to come out of it. A byte will hopefully not be enough to store the new stuff in advance.

------------------
"And all this coming from a guy who dropped physics... twice." - Yavarice

Hah!

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 03-08-2001 06:04 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porygone:
That chameleon could also be a Dragon type.

Or Psychic...

something about its markings reminds me of Xatu.

------------------
Project: Metronome - pub42.ezboard.com/bprojectmetronome

There is no telling what will happen.

Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 03-08-2001 05:58 PM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are supposed to appear in the 4th movie as well.

------------------
"Hoot!" - Hedwig

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2001 03:45 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The one-bit storage system we have now couldn't hold three new Pokemon. Explanation:

000: Reserved
001-251: Bulbasaur to Celebi
252: Egg (not sure if that's the actual number, but anyway...)
253, 254: AVAILABLE
255: Reserved

------------------
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
"I did not have any involvement in the pardons."
-- Bill & Hillary Clinton

OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2001 03:13 PM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kakureon looks like a chameleon. You know, the lizard that has a long tongue and can look to different directions with it's eyes?

------------------
This is a sig. Do not think as a subliminal message, saying "Give all your money to OrientalNoodle".

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2001 03:27 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OrientalNoodle:
Kakureon looks like a chameleon. You know, the lizard that has a long tongue and can look to different directions with it's eyes?

Also known for it's ability to camoflague itself. Just because it's cool dosn't mean the bastard should learn a Conversion move though. That's Pory-only!

------------------

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2001 03:29 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not anymore.

------------------
"I'm a bloody idiot"
-Givera

Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2001 03:49 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dayum....that is one ugly chameleon. With that zig-zag around his chest he looks like Charlie Brown...

Chameleons aren't poisonous, so I'd be pissed if he were a Poison-type. He's probably just another boring Normal-type...

------------------
-Mysterious Priest Velox

From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2001 04:20 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rolken:
Not anymore.

It hasn't been confirmed yet. So the lizard dosn't have a Conversion yet, that possible Pory-imitating bastard.

------------------

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2001 05:37 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah! Delteon and Vampireon own these three!

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2001 06:55 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth346 is pretty certain it learns Conversion.

Nuu...Pory at least still gots Sharpen...::Sharpens a pencil!::

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2001 09:28 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yay Porygon:
Meowth346 is pretty certain it learns Conversion.

Nuu...Pory at least still gots Sharpen...::Sharpens a pencil!::

The scaly faced, cold blooded, Florida swamp reject, "look at what I can do with my tongue", can't decide what color I am, big ass head bastard, can't figure out if I wanna be an Eeveelution or a Lickitung!

*prepares to return to his team of Porygon and Porygon2*

Words cannot express my anger.....
But these come pretty close-"Kakureon, fuck you".

*takes a bow* I am done.

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-09-2001 11:22 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just for the curious, it's already official that Kakureon knows Conversion, Ruriri is a baby form of Marill, and Hoeruko was designed after a whale (Hoeru=Whale), Kakureon being designed after a chameleon.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2001 03:50 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If anything I'd guess Hoeruko to be a brand new family of pokes though I wouldn't be too surprised if it were an evolution of Mantine... Now I don't get how Kakureon is related to Charmeleon... cept for eon, which is simply the American translation... so I'm lost on that one... BTW does anybody know of any new developments in the Japanese series? Anybody catch new pokes? Anybody evolve? Sorry if this is off topic but I haven't been online for about a month now... ^_^

------------------
"Ahhh, my wee one, you have fallen in the ice, no? Perhaps you shouldn't have had that last Ho-Ho, eh, petite chubbyman?"

"Yessir, 100% Colombian Cocaine. From the pristine drug labs in Bogota, mommy always wants the best for herself." -abz1986

CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2001 05:10 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A chameleon Pokemon!! *Dances around happily* Me loves chameleons.

------------------
~ Crystal the Anime cat girl ~
"It seemed like a good idea at the time."
--Mason Verger on cutting off his face and feeding it to the dog, Hannibal

From: Hell on Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2001 05:38 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
The one-bit storage system we have now couldn't hold three new Pokemon. Explanation:

000: Reserved
001-251: Bulbasaur to Celebi
252: Egg (not sure if that's the actual number, but anyway...)
253, 254: [b]AVAILABLE

255: Reserved

[/B]

The reserved and unavailable are only for G/S right? I know 0 is a missingno type glitch and if you fight it you cann't capture it even with a masterball... Isn't it possible 252-255 (minus whichever one is the egg) be used for the new ones?

Also is this for Crystal?

Finally, it's possible for them to break the one byte boundary and all up to 65,535 pokemon total and they could also have 65,535 attacks... but that would increase the memory foot print a lot and they'd need to be VERY careful about checking for illegal numbers or else someone could just search through the ROM for a bunch of FF's and find out what pokemon number they need for a guy with 00ber stats... same with attacks.
-Givera

------------------
[This message has been edited by JT Toad (edited 11-31-2001).]

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2001 06:20 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is for Gameboy Advance... There are no new pokes in Crystal except for Celebi, if you want to count him/her/it as new... I think at Bulbagarden they talked about extended memory or something down those lines I'm not sure...

------------------
"Ahhh, my wee one, you have fallen in the ice, no? Perhaps you shouldn't have had that last Ho-Ho, eh, petite chubbyman?"

"Yessir, 100% Colombian Cocaine. From the pristine drug labs in Bogota, mommy always wants the best for herself." -abz1986

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2001 07:14 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Givera:
Finally, it's possible for them to break the one byte boundary and all up to 65,535 pokemon total and they could also have 65,535 attacks... but that would increase the memory foot print a lot

Keep in mind that the GBA cart space can go up to N64 levels... and that's before the system's even released.

------------------
"I'm a bloody idiot"
-Givera

[This message has been edited by Rolken (edited 03-10-2001).]

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2001 02:33 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
Just for the curious, it's already official that Kakureon knows Conversion,

--Meowth346

THAT SCALY BASTARD!

Too bad....I think chameleons are cool too.

------------------

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2001 09:48 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
and Hoeruko was designed after a whale (Hoeru=Whale)

*blinks* I don't know where you got that translation. Hoeru is bark/roar/howl/etc. I thought whale was "kujira".

------------------

Annon
Farting Nudist
Member # 473

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2001 12:18 PM      Profile for Annon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another Water-type with massive HP? First Larpras, Vaporeon, and Lanturn and now "Whalemon"

Geez...this is getting a bit silly.

------------------

Hoppip
Farting Nudist
Member # 449

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2001 12:45 PM      Profile for Hoppip   Email Hoppip   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know personally, I think that the whaleboy is an evolution of Quilfish, and Mr. Chameleon might be a higher form of Lickitung. The former certainly looks a lot like Quilfish- same shape, same colurs, same colour scheme (Dark blue on top, olive yellow-green below). What do the rest of you think?

------------------
"...The single most dominating person in the whole of the anti-sharking world"-
Dragonite21

From: Bath, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-11-2001 06:47 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimzonite:
*blinks* I don't know where you got that translation. Hoeru is bark/roar/howl/etc. I thought whale was "kujira".

-_- Read "hoeru" then read "whale". It's like saying that "pigu" means "pig" or "erefanto" means "elephant". Basically, if "hoeru" were used in a sentance instead of a name, it would be written in Katakana, because it's an English word, not a Japanese word. That's what I mean by "hoeru=whale," that it's an English word written in Japanese.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2001 08:45 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hoppip:
You know personally, I think that the whaleboy is an evolution of Quilfish, and Mr. Chameleon might be a higher form of Lickitung. The former certainly looks a lot like Quilfish- same shape, same colurs, same colour scheme (Dark blue on top, olive yellow-green below). What do the rest of you think?

A new evolution of Lickitung!! That be sooo great!! ^_^

------------------

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2001 09:58 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
-_- Read "hoeru" then read "whale". It's like saying that "pigu" means "pig" or "erefanto" means "elephant". Basically, if "hoeru" were used in a sentance instead of a name, it would be written in Katakana, because it's an English word, not a Japanese word. That's what I mean by "hoeru=whale," that it's an English word written in Japanese.

D'oh! Never saw it that way. San kyuu. ^^;;;

------------------

KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2001 10:46 PM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noddy:
A new evolution of Lickitung!! That be sooo great!! ^_^

I sure hope so!
We all must remember that in Japan, Charmeleon ain't Charmeleon! The only Chameleon Poke in it right now is.... Licki! Look at their faces. The resemblence is uncanny.
If they make an evolution to him, all of my RBY faves will now be stat-wise par! Yeah!

------------------
Visit Reality's End, the Home Page of Phantasy and the R.E. League

"Oh, those idiots on TV do it. And I know they're more stupider than I are."
"'Stupider' isn't a word, Buck."
"Yes it is... I just said it." - Get Fuzzy

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2001 07:56 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now I don't get how Kakureon is related to Charmeleon...

Kakureon is a chameleon, and "Charmeleon" is a spoof on that word. Doesn't mean they'll have anything to do with each other in the game, of course...

------------------
Soon, I will devour your soul.

OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2001 12:05 PM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Porygone: I was just making a joke here.

You know: The teacher asks "Now, what animals there are in Australia?" and expects everybody to answer "kangaroos!" but somebody answers "koala bears!" which is true, but not as common answer as "kangaroos".

Same with a chameleon: If you ask somebody what they know about chameleons, they'll probably say something like "Chameleon is a lizard that can change it's colour according to the enviroment..." and not by telling about their ability to look in different directions and about their long tongues...

------------------
This is a sig. Do not think as a subliminal message, saying "Give all your money to OrientalNoodle".

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2001 04:56 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just for the record...it's not environment that causes chameleons to change color; it's mood. For example, while fighting, male chameleons will often develop patches of black.

They also have prehensile tails, which they can curl up into a cinnamon-bun shape behind them... ^_^

------------------
-Mysterious Priest Velox

[This message has been edited by Velox (edited 03-13-2001).]

From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2001 05:15 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And cute lil hands that look like mittens... ^_^ Chameleon... Charmeleon God I'm an idiot... Ah well I should pay more attention thanks WC... ^_^*

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.