The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Questions about some rumors...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions about some rumors...
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2001 12:29 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is someone spreading a rumor about "Pokémon Dark & Light version" at the Swedish Club Nintendo Pokémon forum.

He said it's for GBA, comatible withh the mobile adapter, and that it has 451 Pokémon in it.

He also claims that "searching the web will give you results", but I've tried about 20 search engines without results.

So, I thought I'd ask here. Has anyone heard about this? It is just a rumor, isn't it?

And then there's his second rumor. (Yes, same person.)
This one is about Celebi being in Crystal. His source is pojo.com...

Sorry if this has been brought up before...

------------------
A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without a bunch of bricks tied to its head.

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2001 01:15 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lark84:
There is someone spreading a rumor about "Pokémon Dark & Light version" at the Swedish Club Nintendo Pokémon forum.

He said it's for GBA, comatible withh the mobile adapter, and that it has 451 Pokémon in it.

He also claims that "searching the web will give you results", but I've tried about 20 search engines without results.

So, I thought I'd ask here. Has anyone heard about this? It is just a rumor, isn't it?

Please note that Pokemon Crystal came out in Japan last month. Don't expect another Pokemon sequel/version for quite a while (if ever). Basically, this person is either lying or believed someone else's lie.

And then there's his second rumor. (Yes, same person.)
This one is about Celebi being in Crystal. His source is pojo.com...

Judging from the pics on Meowth356's site, this is true.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Crimzonite (edited 01-04-2001).]

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2001 10:43 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yup Celebi is in Crystal... It's kinda the whole point... Instead of Lugia and Houou ya get Celebi and Suicune... I think it was just another move by the big N to attract more females players to pokemon... The whole crystal cartridge... Cell phones, choice of a female character, and your two legendaries are much cuter... It's rather stupid...

------------------
"Greetings. I would be charmed to play a song for you on my cymbals... in exchange for your IMMORTAL SOUL."

" ...This explains why hookers ask for money instead of M&Ms or caterpillars."

Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2001 09:32 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noddy:
I think it was just another move by the big N to attract more females players to pokemon... The whole crystal cartridge... Cell phones, choice of a female character, and your two legendaries are much cuter... It's rather stupid...

Hey, girls can like Pokemon too. I'm not a girl, I'm just saying so.

You think Suicune is cute? That thing is hideous! What the hell is it?

------------------
Hi. How are you?

[This message has been edited by Land und Leute (edited 01-05-2001).]

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 01-06-2001 09:07 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You mean you can't get suicune in G/S?

This is a little off topic, but can all the legendary birds/cats/dogs be found in both Gold and Silver? Or do I have to trade to get all of them?

------------------
A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without a bunch of bricks tied to its head.

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 01-06-2001 08:43 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Suicune runs into you and battles you when you release the 3

------------------
"I don't think so pikachu2005 why dose everybody want thunder wave 3/4 of the opponent still attacts andI would much rather have maga punch or maga kick there way stronger besides why dose it need a move that paralizes???" - some dude at Gameshark.com message board

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2001 12:43 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah Suicune unlike the other dogs can be caught rather easily after running away from you three times he/she/it appears in the tower where Ho'Oh used to be. The other dogs wander about just like they did in GS... And there's no Lugia or Ho'Oh in Crystal...

Also I'm not sayin women shouldn't play pokemon. I think Crystal is just a desperate attempt to appeal more to girls. The ratio of guys to girls playin pokemon is very ill balanced. Celebi and Suicune are much more feminine, the the other ledgendaries...

------------------
"Greetings. I would be charmed to play a song for you on my cymbals... in exchange for your IMMORTAL SOUL."

" ...This explains why hookers ask for money instead of M&Ms or caterpillars."

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2001 01:27 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noddy:
Also I'm not sayin women shouldn't play pokemon. I think Crystal is just a desperate attempt to appeal more to girls. The ratio of guys to girls playin pokemon is very ill balanced. Celebi and Suicune are much more feminine, the the other ledgendaries...

Can you prove that?
Are you just assuming things?
I'm pretty sure girls in Japan play video games just as much as the boys.
That cell phone point you made was just stupid. Many kids in Japan have cell phones.

All Crystal is is just a way of making more money. People in Japan buy anything that says Pokemon on it.

------------------
I pity the fool!
Sucka!

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2001 02:58 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that there are many japanese girls playing Pokémon, because of one thing: Pikachu.

But in Europe and the US, video games are more of a boy thing.
I'm not saying there's anything *wrong* with a girl playing video games but it's not that common.

------------------

I'll get my 5 way max Vileplume some day!

Muku
Farting Nudist
Member # 1052

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2001 07:13 PM      Profile for Muku   Email Muku   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I figure men are more competitive than women and therefor, more play video games. Video games are just another thing for men to conquer. Men vs. Men, Men vs. Comp, Men vs. whatever. In Pokemon, there's more competition and appeals more for the male population (Gotta' Catch em All, Being a Pokemon Master). I think women AND men play video games to have fun, and men play beat the opponent into a bloody pulp.
Of coarse, that's just how I see it. Sorry if it doesn't make any sense.

------------------
"When I see something screech across the room and latch onto someone's neck, and that person starts to scream, I have to laugh because...what IS that thing?"

"Muku; That's the most fucked up sig I've ever seen in my life."
~Automaton

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.