The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Anime: James' Victreebel

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anime: James' Victreebel
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2001 01:27 PM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK. Now I saw the episode where all the Pokemon are being locked up in the Team Rocket Breeding Center. I think it was the first episode with Butch and Cassidy too. In that episode, James is all excited because the got his Weepinbel to evolve into Victreebel. My big question is, where/when the hell did James get the Weepinbell? Did I miss that one, or is it in one of the "lost epidoes" or what? Anyone know?

------------------
Please visit my site and register as a Pokemon Trainer. http://www.tbns.net/poketrainer/home.html
Thanks to everyone who has registered. If you can't find yourself, hit REFRESH.

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2001 05:03 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I'm not sure, but heard that in the original, he stole the Victreebel from the breeding center.

------------------

Funnel Freak
James Albis' Bitch
Member # 910

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2001 06:41 PM      Profile for Funnel Freak     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What does it matter?

------------------
"hard"-Choreleon

From: WINIPEGWINNIPEGWINNIPGWINNIGEG | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2001 06:50 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, in the origional Japanese version James steals the Victreebel. It was never his. FOR KIDS thought stealing was a little inapropriate, so they made it that it was James' former Weepinbell... Stupid no?

------------------
"Greetings. I would be charmed to play a song for you on my cymbals... in exchange for your IMMORTAL SOUL."

" ...This explains why hookers ask for money instead of M&Ms or caterpillars."

MegaScythe
I am resposible for Grease 2.
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2001 07:38 PM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That makes more sense out of the reason it doesnt ever listen..

------------------
*Femme Fatal Dragonite*:
Wrap*Attract*HeadButt*ThunderWave-Try it!You know you wanna! ;)
------------------
Proud Member o' the Houndoom Haters Club

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2001 10:49 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah that is stupid... I mean Team Rocket's whole purpose is to steal pokemon, they even say that in the show!

------------------
"lifes a b****" - Teejay

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2001 05:34 PM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, "Professor". It matters because I said so. I wanted to know if anyone else knew how or where he got Weepinbell, because I never say him catch it in any episodes, and I wanted to know if I missed one. And now I know. Thanks to everyone who replied with something useful.

------------------
Please visit my site and register as a Pokemon Trainer. http://www.tbns.net/poketrainer/home.html
Thanks to everyone who has registered. If you can't find yourself, hit REFRESH.

[This message has been edited by 1970Beetle (edited 01-03-2001).]

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Funnel Freak
James Albis' Bitch
Member # 910

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2001 08:39 PM      Profile for Funnel Freak     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1970Beetle:
Well, "Professor". It matters because I said so.

Good enough for me. I just never cared what James had. Sorry.

------------------
"hard"-Choreleon

waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2001 05:17 PM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's interesting. I didn't know that he had stolen it in the Japanese version. That reminds me of the episode with the Kangaskhan boy. In the Japanese one, he asked Misty if he could drink her breast milk. In the English translation, he asked her if she was a human or a pokemon.

------------------

Funnel Freak
James Albis' Bitch
Member # 910

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2001 06:35 PM      Profile for Funnel Freak     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to think in Japan, pokemon is rated PG, or even higher. The Kangaskan boy wants to drink her breast milk, James steals (that's not a biggie), and there was that other episode where James competes in the modeling contest with big boobs. Why the hell do they have to change it when it comes over seas?!?

------------------
Wait a sec...brain is registering that someone has said something-Dragonite21

Funnel Freak
James Albis' Bitch
Member # 910

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2001 06:38 PM      Profile for Funnel Freak     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to think in Japan, pokemon is rated PG, or even higher. The Kangaskan boy wants to drink her breast milk, James steals (that's not a biggie), and there was that other episode where James competes in the modeling contest with big boobs. Why the hell do they have to change it when it comes over seas?!?

------------------
Wait a sec...brain is registering that someone has said something-Dragonite21

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2001 08:01 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No it's not that. In Japan children aren't so sheltered. Sexuality, swearing, and violents are rather accepted. You should hear Ash in the Japanese version! WHOOEE! That boy has the mouth of a pirate!!! ^_^

------------------
"Greetings. I would be charmed to play a song for you on my cymbals... in exchange for your IMMORTAL SOUL."

waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2001 08:08 PM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I know. Satoshi's evil in japanese.

------------------

Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2001 09:29 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noddy:
You should hear Ash in the Japanese version! WHOOEE! That boy has the mouth of a pirate!!! ^_^

I know, what's with that? There's plenty of "god damn you"s and such.

Ink, why did you post the same thing twice??

------------------
Hi. How are you?

Neobushi
Farting Nudist
Member # 801

posted 01-06-2001 07:59 PM      Profile for Neobushi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are you sure he's swearing? Fan subs are notorious for adding swear words in the subtitles when only something like "idiot" was said in Japanese.

quote:
Originally posted by Land und Leute:
I know, what's with that? There's plenty of "god damn you"s and such.

------------------
Kogoeshinu Batsu!

[This message has been edited by Neobushi (edited 01-06-2001).]

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2001 12:46 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to say Satoshi say's shit, every other line... It's pretty funny watching it in English and knowing what he really said in Japanese. ^_^

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.