The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Nintendo Power Giving Correct Advice??!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nintendo Power Giving Correct Advice??!!!
Sifu Peng
Farting Nudist
Member # 885

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2000 01:58 PM      Profile for Sifu Peng   Author's Homepage   Email Sifu Peng   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, we all know about how notoriously bad Nintendo Power is at rating teams and all the horrible advice they have given over the years. Well, in this month's Nintendo Power (140) they actually gave some normal advice (yeah, that's right, I subscribe to Nintendo Power, gives me something to laugh at).

"The HMs you need to get around the Pokemon world aren't necessarily the attacks that will serve you well in battle."

"each is equipped with too many of the same type of attack. Choose Thunder for its power or Thunderbolt for its accuracy, but don't choose both."

Imagine that. Of course, this sort of contradicts every single other piece of advice they have given. How many times have you seen them say that a team with more than 1 move of the same type is excellent?

This makes me wonder if any Nintendo Power writers have been surfing around on the internet...

*looks around for suspicious characters*

On another note, they are releasing a Pokedex for G/S. Most interesting... I await this book of comedy.

------------------
Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2000 05:06 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the page right afore they made those nice remarks, they say STUPIDITY. Something along the lines that giving your critters Lemonades and Potions makes them happy. Chaa.

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
goo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1172

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2001 04:48 PM      Profile for goo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is the team?

------------------
You couldn't fool your mother if it was the foolingest day of the year and you had an electric fooling machine.

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2001 08:29 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this is true, but I'm not surprised if it is since its nintendo and all... but my friend said in Nintendo's offical pokemon g/s strategy guide, they said that if you take a long time to battle, your pokemon will gain more EXP.... or something like that.

------------------
"lifes a b****" - Teejay

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2001 03:56 AM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Huh?

I don't think they said that in the G/S guide.

------------------

Juice
Farting Nudist
Member # 968

Rate Member
posted 01-02-2001 05:05 PM      Profile for Juice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's the worst team yet in NP,but the most provocative advice.Their still clueless in my view.

------------------
I've seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo in a mask is never friendly.

goo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1172

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2001 09:04 PM      Profile for goo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Juice:
That's the worst team yet in NP,but the most provocative advice.Their still clueless in my view.

Although I haven't seen the new one, i believe the worst one was the team with:charizard, dewgong, muk, marowak, scyther, and one other that i don't remember.

------------------
You couldn't fool your mother if it was the foolingest day of the year and you had an electric fooling machine.

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2001 11:19 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My vote goes to whatever team it was with the Hyper Beaming Mr.Mime...

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2001 05:13 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abz1986:
I don't know if this is true, but I'm not surprised if it is since its nintendo and all... but my friend said in Nintendo's offical pokemon g/s strategy guide, they said that if you take a long time to battle, your pokemon will gain more EXP.... or something like that.

They mean that if you train against low level pokes you get more stat exp. and therefore better stats. However, they failed to mention the box trick so there's probably some newbies running around fighting only level 2s.

------------------
You may know me as Booster6th. Please visit my website at http://lanturn.cjb.net

goo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1172

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2001 05:56 PM      Profile for goo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.E:
My vote goes to whatever team it was with the Hyper Beaming Mr.Mime...

That team was pretty bad,a nd that guy was confident he was going to win a mall tour.

------------------
You don't want to make a nycto of kibitzers watching you play poker.

Muku
Farting Nudist
Member # 1052

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2001 09:28 PM      Profile for Muku   Email Muku   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Although he does look cool using it in Stadium.

"Kamehameha!"

------------------
"When I see something screech across the room and latch onto someone's neck, and that person starts to scream, I have to laugh because...what IS that thing?"

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2001 10:21 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Think these NP teams are bad, there's worse...much worse.

Gameshark.com board.

Makes NP teams look like masterpieces.

------------------
"I think it's time I'll blow this scene, get everyone and their stuff together. Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam."
-From "Tank!"...the theme song to "Cowboy Bebop"

AIM: Nobie20

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 01-06-2001 08:03 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
heh your write about that gameshark board..

"And CUT isn't a good thing either. Want an HM--Strength! The DYNAMIC PUNCH is killer!"

------------------
"lifes a b****" - Teejay

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MegaScythe
I am resposible for Grease 2.
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2001 12:51 PM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abz1986:

The DYNAMIC PUNCH is killer!

Especially on an Alakazam!

------------------
*Femme Fatal Dragonite*:
Wrap*Attract*HeadButt*ThunderWave-Try it!You know you wanna! ;)
------------------
Proud Member o' the Houndoom Haters Club

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.