The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » On the duplication of TM's

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On the duplication of TM's
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2000 09:01 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How many of you use the MISSINGNO glitch to get 99 of all 50 TM's?

If you want to make a good team and be able to change pokémon once in a while, you have to do it, right?

I don't want to start another "is it cheating or not"-debate, since it's 100% cheating. I just want to know if you do it or not. But it saves a lot of time.

Will your team be accepted at official Nintendo tournaments if you have done it? I've heard that they won't.

------------------
"Why doesn't the magnet pick up this floppy disk?"

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2000 01:10 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They dont usually check.

BUT, if Missingo has ruined your Hall of Fame, Link battles WILL be screwed up.

The simple way around this is to dupe on Red/Blue and battle with Yellow.

At the last thing they did, I think they inspected winner's carts in Europe.

------------------
When you get bored, you find quotes like:
"Think a chubby, asian Leonardo DeCaprio."

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Flareon
Farting Nudist
Member # 299

Member Rated:
posted 12-06-2000 12:52 AM      Profile for Flareon   Email Flareon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I only dupe the good ones. Why would I want 99 copies of the Teleport, Whirlwind, and Psywave TMs?

I've linked up plenty of times since my Hall of Fame got messed up, and nothing went wrong. I've never been to a tournament, so I wouldn't know about checks.

I like looking at the weird stuff that comes up in the Hall of Fame. I've seen Mew, miscellaneous Japanese characters, and some weird words (I saw 'cRAP' by a pic of Mewtwo once).

------------------
Ash Ketchum got run over by a Stantler
Coming home to Pallet Christmas Eve
Some folks say there's no such thing as Santa
As for Brock and Misty, they believe.

From: Yokosuka, Japan | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-06-2000 02:23 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't the Missingno cheat work in Yellow too?

------------------
"Why doesn't the magnet pick up this floppy disk?"

The-Boss
Farting Nudist
Member # 1140

Member Rated:
posted 12-06-2000 06:49 AM      Profile for The-Boss   Author's Homepage   Email The-Boss   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why bother when you could get screwed up in tournments.
It only takes around 1:30-2:00 hrs to get most of the game and most of the usefull TM's
and couple of PPup's-on Doutrio mode of course!
Geese! you can speech the rest.

------------------
I Master More Opponents By Implementing Loyality And Respect In To Youngsters

geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 12-06-2000 09:24 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's true! I wonder how many people realize how easy it is to get fully TMed and PPupped teams without resorting to missingno and gameshark. I remember speaking to this guy at a tourny that insisted that any team using more than four or five PP ups was sharked. Bullshit! In one full day you can fully PP up two pokemon.
Of course this only applies to people with a spare cartridge, but I'd rather do this than cheat.

------------------
'Come on!'

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.