The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » I see the Light!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I see the Light!
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2000 04:36 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
(Note: This has absolutly positivly nothing to do with anything going around. I just need to say this)

I finally see the light. TGD has opened my eyes. Pokemon is ment to be played by the 3-T's. Tactics. Training. Trade.

This is what Nintendo originally intended Pokemon to be. The 3-T's. They wanted kids to trade, collecting and filling their pokedex and trading for TMs. They wanted them to train, to make their creation stronger. And then to finally battle them out, with the monster they created. The system goes like this:

Trade>>>>Training>>>>>Tactics>>>>Trade>>>Ect.

How this works-

Trade works with Training, because you need TMs and Pokemon from the trades, to have the team to raise(train).

Training works with Tactics, because the pokemon you train, are those who you battle with. Simple enough.

Tactics(Battle) works with Trade, because often times you need the TMs, and people will trade some of their pokemon for your big bulking monsters after you defeat em(or they beat you, but it puts up a good fight).

This is a basic system. The big N wanted this to be the way it is. But, Missingno. ruined any way of making this a reality. Unlimited TMs ruins the Trade. Unlimited Items ruins the Training. All thats left is Tactics.

G/S makes a strong step towards this system. Although there are still bugs, as duplicating and copying items/pokemon are available, they added more trade/train friendly, like only having One of each Stone.

See, pokemon was ment to be played like this. I see the light. Although it may never ever be a perfect system, this is the way it was ment. I have nothing against Gamesharking/Missingno, because these are generally available to everyone.

So... Thats the end of my "rant".

Replys? Flames? Comments? Post em.

------------------
Please check out my website, home of my studies at: http://all.at/jman
got 50megs but I don't know how to use 'em!"
~The Great Dreamer, Showing his progress on creating the PWL site.

Footitch
Farting Nudist
Member # 663

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2000 05:40 PM      Profile for Footitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see, the promised land!

[/thick southern accent]

Kabutops
Farting Nudist
Member # 195

Rate Member
posted 11-16-2000 02:53 PM      Profile for Kabutops     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why use 3T's when you can use one G? Screw all of that, if you use gameshark you get the same exact things from the 3T's and no one can tell the difference! Example: Trainer X has a Jolteon with crap stats and thunder, agility, double kick, pin missile, he trades it to Trainer Y who just so happens to have thunderbolt, thunderwave, double team, and rest TM's and 10 of each stat enhancers. Let's say he beat the elite 4 a million times and has so much extra money. Trainer Y takes Trainer X's Jolteon and teaches it t-wave, t-bolt, dt, rest and gives it 10 of each stat enhansers, and whats that? That Jolteon had max genes! It now has max stats and the moveset Trainer X wanted! Its unprovable that a smart sharker cheated! He/She could have traded or got lucky with catching a max stat pokemon. When I'm 100% done sharking my carts, I delete the Hall of Fame and beat the Elite 4 again. All footsteps covered, no training, no trading.

------------------

Conflagra
Farting Nudist
Member # 979

Rate Member
posted 11-18-2000 07:51 PM      Profile for Conflagra     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nintendo wants you to use the 3-T's so you can play for substantial amounts of Time on your Game Boy.

------------------

Ryoga
Farting Nudist
Member # 490

Member Rated:
posted 11-19-2000 04:18 PM      Profile for Ryoga   Author's Homepage   Email Ryoga   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jman
I finally see the light. TGD has opened my eyes. Pokemon is ment to be played by the 3-T's. Tactics. Training. Trade.

ahhh he's infected you!
No! Its spreading, everyone run!

Oh anyway,
please explain why u want to spend 20 times longer on your GB than you would if you had a gameshark?

------------------
swasix

From: Somewhere over the rainbow(UK) | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 11-19-2000 08:52 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nintendo REALLY should buy out the battery industry...

------------------
"The population has forced me into changing my online political affiliation to "fascist"."- JT Toad, on Azure's current group.

AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2000 05:11 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ryoga, thats the way it was SUPPOSED to be played. Its supposed to take long to reach lv. 100. Its supposed to take long to find max stats/good stats. Etc. But, with gamesharks and glitches, we find it so much easier and lose the perspective.

I use a Gameshark. Lord knows that anyone with a gameshark would use it. I have nothing agenst it, if it stays within the boundrys of the game.

But, you see, think of how it would feel to train your favorite monsters, all legally to level 100. Then think of how you legally put all TMs on. Then think of how you whip some gamesharker's butt with your team vs. his sharked 5 minute team.

Anyone else?

------------------
Please check out my website, home of my studies at: http://all.at/jman
got 50megs but I don't know how to use 'em!"
~The Great Dreamer, Showing his progress on creating the PWL site.

Conflagra
Farting Nudist
Member # 979

Rate Member
posted 11-20-2000 11:22 PM      Profile for Conflagra     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TeeJay:
Nintendo REALLY should buy out the battery industry...

I think Nintendo should buy out all of those 10-hour chargers that allow your Game Boy to not require to use of batteries. Unfortunately, Nintendo would charge at least $24.99 like they do for most of their other products.

------------------

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2000 11:44 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I completely agree with you. You value your game and pokemon much more if you do it legally.

And all you people who gripe about how long the game takes to play legally, IF YOU DONT LIKE HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED THEN DONT PLAY IT. Or admit that you're lazy, at least. Games have rules, and cheating is cheating, no matter how you gloss it over.

------------------
My strong point is art, not strategy...but I try ^^;

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2000 07:39 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah Big N has lots-o-ideas, but no one cares about them.

But I agree with Tenshi here. I feel much better with a pokemon I trained, than sharked or used rare candies resulting from a glitch.

------------------
"I'm not poot poot to poot of poot. Its poot but poot at the poot poot. " - poot poot man

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Conflagra
Farting Nudist
Member # 979

Rate Member
posted 11-27-2000 01:09 AM      Profile for Conflagra     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree absolutely without a doubt to the previous 2 posts.

------------------

Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 11:53 AM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay,so I'm lazy.

But right now,I'm trainig a Vulpix on my Blue Game legally and have a legally trained to Level 60 Starmie,so you can't blame me here.

I won't use Rare Candy on my tourney fighters,only on my fun team,because I know that fighters get weaker with steroids.

Anyway,who would want to restart the game five times just to get a TM,especially when you don't live near anyone who plays Pokemon?

------------------
* GLOOMBOY: The Vileplume Trainer *

AMY: "You gave up being study buddies for THIS?"
Sailor Moon S: "Dangerous Driving"

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 12:29 PM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I completely agree. I don't own a gameshark, and the glitch where you can dupe pokemon/items doesn't work on my cart, so you can't accuse me of cheating. Not that you did. But I am rambling. Anyhow, I am training my team at the pokeleague in my town, when this kid with pokemon silver comes over. He sits down across from me and asks me if I want to battle (I have a team of legally trained lv. 60 'mon). I agree. He steps away behind a rack of books, which I look over (I am kinda tall), and see him sharking his team to max stats level 100! I still battle him, using my:
Ampharos female
Umbreon male
Espeon female
Red Gyarados male
Blissey
and
Ho-Oh
vs his
(all lv 100 max statted)
Mew
Celebi
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Mewtwo
and I beat the living crap outta him! He uses Mew and Psychics, doesn't do a frikkin' thing ta my Umbreon, who uses three bites to kick his arse (he had blackglasses). Then, Mewtwo? Easy faint. Idiot overwrote recover with psychic, assuming that with psychic, confusion, disable and Swift he would win. Burakki soon showed him the light. Then, Celebi vs Ho-Oh. Fire blast, buh-bye Celebi. Entei vs Gyarados? Hydro pump. Raikou vs Blissey? Ground HP (yes, I taught her that). Suicune vs Ampharos? Dumbass used Rain Dance, I kicked his rear with thunder. Just goes to show, if your team is crap, no amount of sharking can save it.

------------------
^_~ GO ARTIE! ~_^

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Subtallica
Farting Nudist
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 01:59 PM      Profile for Subtallica     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i see what you mean, but i have no problems with shraking as long as it is legal, the only thing i really use it for is moves, because while your going through the game, moves like Thunder, even with Rain Dance, which can also be considered, are not good moves to use while playing the game, so when a tourney or human battle comes up, and my guys dont have the moveset i want, a flip of a switch and its done, but i guess wen ur done with the game you can have the moves you want but thats besides the point

------------------
Dont just Stare at it, Eat it!

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.