The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Originaly posted by Meowth346...a way to find mews...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Originaly posted by Meowth346...a way to find mews...
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 08:00 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, Mew, and Mewtwo can't be found in the game. They're only obtainable through trading frmo a previous version o fthe game. There is, however, a glitch where you can get Mew, but I'm not releasing. However, it *can* be found at Japanese Pokémon Gold/Silver websites.
--Meowth346

Anyone know what the Hell is goin' on?
Is it true for the English version?
Has anyone TRIED anything?
Please, don't post ASSumptions, I want people with hard facts...

------------------
"Your exuberance can earn you many friends and admirers, despite your ambition, or it can intimidate the less confident into keeping their distance." -Personality test for Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer...well, then that explains everything...

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 01:42 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, not a clue for G/S. Interesting though.

------------------
-cfalcon

FIREBREATHER DICK wants to battle!

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 03:22 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well...I heard something about, trading Missingno. from R/B to G/S. There is a 1/251 chance that Missingno will become Mew, Mewtwo, Zapdos, ect. In fact,it can be any Pokemon...

------------------
Comparing Pokemon to GayBZ should be a crime punishable by death. -StarCaliber
AIM: LugiaTheFlyNFish
Pokemon G/S Gameshark Archive

[This message has been edited by Lugia -The Flying Fish (edited 11-06-2000).]

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 04:30 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's very interesting Lugia, thank you...

------------------
"Your exuberance can earn you many friends and admirers, despite your ambition, or it can intimidate the less confident into keeping their distance." -Personality test for Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer...well, then that explains everything...

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 09:19 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought it was any G/S Pokemon, as it would have their hex values (which were then Missingno.'s but are now new Pokemon). So, Mew would not be included.

P.S. Anyone know about a weird RBY Missingno. that looks like the tower's Ghost, has different Types depending on which box it is put in, and is safe to withdraw? My friend has one.

------------------
"Normally, the earliest you can catch Mewtwo is 70. (Might be earlier on some carts)" - MewtwoSama, on Mewtwo's before-level-70 moves

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2000 08:54 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
New Mew rumor (untested) that actually makes sense IMHO:

Go to where you can find Missingnos right after you battle Mewtwo. I'm unsure whether you have to catch Mewtwo or not.

Someone who programmed the game put Mew in 2 weeks before they finished. If the code is real, unsufficient testing might have resulted in the unintended Missingno code. Plus, Mew... Cinnibar... go figure.

Sorry, Meowth346, if this was the real trick and you didn't want others to know.

------------------
"Normally, the earliest you can catch Mewtwo is 70. (Might be earlier on some carts)" - MewtwoSama, on Mewtwo's before-level-70 moves

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2000 10:44 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HEY! I want a generic ghost!
Also, I don't quite get that new mew code thing... go to Cinnabar after battling mewtwo and then...whut?

------------------
"I'll agree with Dreamer, except hopefully I won't mizpel werdz." -cfalcon

CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2000 11:01 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
b4 you got to fight mewtwo(please save first) use the cinnabar pokemon center, after you've captured or defeated mewtwo, use DIG. You'll end up in cinnabar. Then surf. F***ing shit. It never worked for me. I never found lv. 146 snorlax or 251 marowaks, 128 charmeleon or 146 golbat. NO!!! not me!!! all i found were MISSINGNO. and ~```~`--=0=m==1=20=. they evolve into Kangaskhan, so it ain't half bad. ^_^

------------------
"Jessie and James don't need the opposite sex 'cuz they got each other!" -- Meowth

Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2000 02:42 PM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please learn to read, people

Wht Meowth is saying is that there is a glitch in GOLD AND SILVER to get Mew

Yes of course you can get it by getting one in rby and trading it over, but that's not what he is saying.....

NO TRADING

------------------
Philbo, you rock.- Cat-Gonk
Hell yes, Philbo- cfalcon
Psst...listen to Philbo. He knows what he's talking about.- StarCaliber + Biffster
AIM:Philbosan

From: Kent, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2000 07:14 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, why don't you enlighten us, Phillbo?

------------------
"I'll agree with Dreamer, except hopefully I won't mizpel werdz." -cfalcon

DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 11-10-2000 11:19 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there any danger in trading missingnos over to GS and will multiple missingnos become different pokemon or all the same ones?

------------------
You may know me as Booster6th. Please visit my website at http://lanturn.cjb.net

Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 11-11-2000 09:48 AM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what the glitch is, I can just see what he is saying and understand the concept.....

------------------
Philbo, you rock.- Cat-Gonk
Hell yes, Philbo- cfalcon
Psst...listen to Philbo. He knows what he's talking about.- StarCaliber + Biffster
AIM:Philbosan

From: Kent, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mewteos
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1143

Rate Member
posted 11-14-2000 05:51 PM      Profile for Mewteos   Email Mewteos   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lugia -The Flying Fish:
Well...I heard something about, trading Missingno. from R/B to G/S. There is a 1/251 chance that Missingno will become Mew, Mewtwo, Zapdos, ect. In fact,it can be any Pokemon...

I've actually tried trading MissingNo to G/S, but everytime I try, I get this message:

"Your friend's :insert random poké here: appears to be abnormal!"

So much for that idea...

------------------
~Mewteos was here.

From: *points over there* | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Conflagra
Farting Nudist
Member # 979

Rate Member
posted 11-18-2000 07:44 PM      Profile for Conflagra     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
During all of the time we have waited for G/S, Nintendo must have been anticipating instances like this. There's one less way to cheat.

------------------

Q-Bone
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 602

Rate Member
posted 11-26-2000 07:08 PM      Profile for Q-Bone   Email Q-Bone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HOld on... THE Meowth 346 of Pokemon Forever said that?

Hmmm That doesn't sound right to me...
And what Japanese Pokemon site is he Talkin' 'bout? Guess It's time to Reinstall the Kanji Program...
*Runs back to the Deepest Darkest Shadows to Research*

------------------
There are 2 ways to handle women, and I know neither.

[This message has been edited by Q-Bone (edited 11-26-2000).]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.