The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Legendary cats not dogs (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Legendary cats not dogs
Neobushi
Farting Nudist
Member # 801

posted 10-22-2000 09:11 PM      Profile for Neobushi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I said this before the American release of Gold and Silver but I thought I should say it again. The legendary Pokemon are cats. They are based on Japanese gods that are definately cats (i.e. tiger like, leopard like and so forth). Anyone who says they are dogs should be sent to the pound. Besides legendary dogs would be downright silly. How can domesticated animals like dogs be legendary anyway?<G>

------------------

JoE
Farting Nudist
Member # 653

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2000 10:01 PM      Profile for JoE   Email JoE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn domestic dingos, cyotes, foxes, and wolves. And damn that Egyptian god of the dead with the dog head too!

------------------
JoE

"Your gonna die! Your gonan die! Your gonna die! Your gonna die! Your gonna die!" -Anti Flag

"And if your only question's 'What's in it for me?' then you might as well gouge out your own f*cking eyes. For there are none so blind as those who will not see" -Reveille

From: Billerica Mass USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Muku
Farting Nudist
Member # 1052

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2000 10:12 PM      Profile for Muku   Email Muku   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JoE:
Damn domestic dingos, cyotes, foxes, and wolves. And damn that Egyptian god of the dead with the dog head too!

Hmm, yes...quite.

Let's just say that they're legendary BEASTS. Although, Entei looks like a cat, Suicune a dog, and Raikou some kind of messed up drug-trip.

------------------
"I can still blow fucking Polywhatever to hell with Jolteon. This isn't Mewtwo folks- this is just a good moveset on a formerly weak as nuts monster."
-cfalcon on Poliwrath's Mind's Eye/Fissure Combo

Neobushi
Farting Nudist
Member # 801

posted 10-22-2000 10:15 PM      Profile for Neobushi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well the Egyptian god is jackal headed. The other canines you mentioned are not dogs or domesticated. Well dingos are a different story. They were originally domestic dogs that have become wild again over hundreds of years.

quote:
Originally posted by JoE:

------------------

Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2000 10:26 PM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think a while back we decided on calling them "Beasts". Either or it was the legendary mutant hamsters.

------------------
"There is no such thing as the Pika Cup"
- From the infinite wisdom of NoA.

Neobushi
Farting Nudist
Member # 801

posted 10-22-2000 10:29 PM      Profile for Neobushi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's been a long time since I've seen the information but they are based on the gods of the North, South, West, and East skies. Not sure which Pokemon is based on which god since it's been so long. I'm surprised they didn't have a Pokemon based on the forth god. That god isn't cat like though it's a turtle with the tail of a serpent.

quote:
Originally posted by Muku:
Hmm, yes...quite.

Let's just say that they're legendary BEASTS. Although, Entei looks like a cat, Suicune a dog, and Raikou some kind of messed up drug-trip.

------------------

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 10-23-2000 05:18 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've just been calling them the Legendary Quadrapeds.

------------------
Project: Metronome - pub2.ezboard.com/bprojectmetronome

There is no telling what will happen.

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 10-23-2000 12:02 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neobushi:
How can domesticated animals like dogs be legendary anyway?

Umm...the same way as cats?

And last I heard, cats didn't bark...but then, I don't have a cat, so I wouldn't know.

------------------
"I don't pretend to have all of life's answers, but I do pretend to be a spaceman."
-Jack Handley

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 10-23-2000 12:59 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They look like doggies to me.

Perhaps with time, we'll know for sure. Some of them (debatably all of them) have feline features, and being based on cat creatures in mythology would certainly help that argument a lot.

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
JoE
Farting Nudist
Member # 653

Member Rated:
posted 10-23-2000 04:27 PM      Profile for JoE   Email JoE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neobushi:
It's been a long time since I've seen the information but they are based on the gods of the North, South, West, and East skies. Not sure which Pokemon is based on which god since it's been so long. I'm surprised they didn't have a Pokemon based on the forth god. That god isn't cat like though it's a turtle with the tail of a serpent.

I heard the 4th was Arcanine

------------------
JoE

"Your gonna die! Your gonan die! Your gonna die! Your gonna die! Your gonna die!" -Anti Flag

"And if your only question's 'What's in it for me?' then you might as well gouge out your own f*cking eyes. For there are none so blind as those who will not see" -Reveille

Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 10-23-2000 06:16 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
>>The other canines you mentioned are not dogs or domesticated. Well dingos are a different story. They were originally domestic dogs that have become wild again over hundreds of years.

Fine. We'll call them the Legendary Canines.

Entei is a big sheepdog. You can tell by the way the hair hangs off his face. He's too shaggy and too bulky to be a lion.

I can't tell you what kind of dog Raikou is supposed to be, but I can tell you he's supposed to be a dog. A cat has a very visible split in its upper lip (you can see it as a dark line extending directly down from its nose; just look at Persian). A dog has it too, but it's rarely visible (now look at Arcanine). And I don't see one on Raikou. "But he has tiger-stripes," you say. Well, by that logic, Electabuzz is a tiger...

And Suicune is either a coyote or a wolf. Its long, pointed muzzle is the giveaway...feline muzzles are short and dull.

------------------
-Mysterious Priest Velox

Karnivax: Did you get to come up with the nicknames for the Pokémon that you trade for in-game? (Lola the Jynx, Crinkles the Tangela et al)
Nob Donut: No
Nob Donut: none of that stuff is my fault
Karnivax: Whew.
Nob Donut: yeah, i think so too. I'd be using names like Biff, Pongo, Goober, that sort of thing

From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-23-2000 09:36 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK there is no way in hell they are dogs... Look at the ruff around Raikou's head that is obviously a tiger which have this pronouced white ridge about thier face... The metal ridge above his mouth is definately a set of wiskers... and the teeth, since when have you heard of a sabre toothed dog? He is unquestionably a tiger.... The other two well neither show pronounced claws which is another dead give away they are not dogs. Look at Suicune's body posture... It has the body type of a creature made to pounce, and it's form is much to slender to be that of a dog.... Along with a short stubby muzzle and triangular face, a feline trade mark..... And Entei he is most arguably canine, almost like a Pekinese on steroids... But again he shows more cat like traits then dog.... He shows no claws meaning someone either clipped them or they're retractable... and his eyes.... Close set eyes on a slight slant towards the mouth are a dead give away.... He's just an ol kitty cat! That was your lesson for to day kiddies!! This is Doctor Stupid signing off.... ^_^

------------------
..."For years, man has tried to pin down the mysterious creature that stomps clumsily along the very edges of our collective subconscious like a cross dresser trying out a new pair of slingback pumps"....

JoE
Farting Nudist
Member # 653

Member Rated:
posted 10-23-2000 10:58 PM      Profile for JoE   Email JoE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noddy:
OK there is no way in hell they are dogs... Look at the ruff around Raikou's head that is obviously a tiger which have this pronouced white ridge about thier face... The metal ridge above his mouth is definately a set of wiskers... and the teeth, since when have you heard of a sabre toothed dog? He is unquestionably a tiger.... The other two well neither show pronounced claws which is another dead give away they are not dogs. Look at Suicune's body posture... It has the body type of a creature made to pounce, and it's form is much to slender to be that of a dog.... Along with a short stubby muzzle and triangular face, a feline trade mark..... And Entei he is most arguably canine, almost like a Pekinese on steroids... But again he shows more cat like traits then dog.... He shows no claws meaning someone either clipped them or they're retractable... and his eyes.... Close set eyes on a slight slant towards the mouth are a dead give away.... He's just an ol kitty cat! That was your lesson for to day kiddies!! This is Doctor Stupid signing off.... ^_^

Last time I checked, dogs cant retract their claws, making htem show at all times. So that screws your "LOOK AT THEIR CLAWS!!" argument

::looks at his dog::

Ooooo, look who has a beard thingy!! That takes care of your tiger theory, tho Ill admit that guy does look feline. And Lopsy Opsos (sp???) tend to look all fucked up and tiger like. Im half ass more counter arguments, but Im too lazy

And look whos off to chase after a mouse... (yes, my dog)

------------------
JoE

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-24-2000 03:36 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Last time I checked, dogs cant retract their claws, making htem show at all times. So that screws your "LOOK AT THEIR CLAWS!!" argument"

Exactly... I'm arguing them to be cats.... and look at a picture of a tiger's face.... and try and tell me Raikou does not share the same facial construction.... That white ridge around the lower jaw is a tiger trade mark.... It's not just a beard, but something of a short pronounced mane framing his face.... So Nah! :P

------------------
..."For years, man has tried to pin down the mysterious creature that stomps clumsily along the very edges of our collective subconscious like a cross dresser trying out a new pair of slingback pumps"....

Meganium
Farting Nudist
Member # 1020

Rate Member
posted 10-24-2000 07:25 PM      Profile for Meganium   Author's Homepage   Email Meganium   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All of you read there pokedex data and this debate will be over, i'm pretty sure entei's pokedex data is self-explanatory...

------------------
The only reason they call it a U-turn is because you have to do a 360 on it~my dad, on lessons in driving.

From: hannibal, New York, America | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2000 06:03 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What does it say? I've only caught him in the Japanese version and I don't speak a shred of it.... Besides you cannot always trust the translations.....

------------------

Meganium
Farting Nudist
Member # 1020

Rate Member
posted 10-25-2000 07:44 PM      Profile for Meganium   Author's Homepage   Email Meganium   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let me just say it wouldn't matter if they were cats in the japanese version because they are dogs here in america...this wasn't so hard to do with the legendary birds...just go to www.pokemasters.com and check the pokedex.

------------------
The only reason they call it a U-turn is because you have to do a 360 on it~my dad, on lessons in driving.

From: hannibal, New York, America | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2000 09:58 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Geez, why is everyone making such a big deal out of this?

To me, they are mutated offsprings of a cat and a dog. Thay can fight, the most important part!

------------------
Visit my site!

Http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/home.html

Ravashack
Farting Nudist
Member # 128

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2000 05:23 AM      Profile for Ravashack     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actual Pokédex entries based on Necrosaro's data.

Raikou

Gold

The rain clouds it
carries let it
fire thunderbolts
at will. They say
that it descended
with lightning.

Silver

The rain clouds it
carries let it
fire thunderbolts
at will. They say
that it descended
with lightning.

Entei

Gold

Volcanoes erupt
when it barks. Un-
able to restrain
its extreme power,
it races headlong
around the land.

Silver

A POKéMON that
races across the
land. It is said
that one is born
every time a new
volcano appears.

Suicine

Gold

Said to be the
reincarnation of
north winds, it
can instantly
purify filthy,
murky water.

Silver

This POKéMON races
across the land.
It is said that
north winds will
somehow blow when-
ever it appears.

I don't see anything about what kind of legendary animal it is.

------------------

Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2000 03:54 PM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Entei

Gold

Volcanoes erupt
when it barks. Un-
able to restrain
its extreme power,
it races headlong
around the land.

Never heard a cat bark...

------------------
X used END POST.

-PokeSaiyan on PBS/AGNP-

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2000 05:24 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh lots of things bark; dogs, seals, monkeys to name a few, besides cheetah's bark to call thier young.... so ....

------------------

Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2000 05:29 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Entei isn't a cheetah. Just admit you're wrong already. =P

------------------
-Mysterious Priest Velox

Karnivax: Did you get to come up with the nicknames for the Pokémon that you trade for in-game? (Lola the Jynx, Crinkles the Tangela et al)
Nob Donut: yeah, i think so too. I'd be using names like Biff, Pongo, Goober, that sort of thing

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2000 06:06 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nawww... I'm not sayin he's a cheetah.... I'm just sayin there are cat's that bark.... All pokemon are a melange of different animals, very few are based upon a single creature.... So cats can bark, and thus Entei is a barking cat.... ^_^ Though he may not be a cheetah....

------------------

Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 10-27-2000 03:27 PM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noddy:
Nawww... I'm not sayin he's a cheetah.... I'm just sayin there are cat's that bark.... All pokemon are a melange of different animals, very few are based upon a single creature.... So cats can bark, and thus Entei is a barking cat.... ^_^ Though he may not be a cheetah....

Then why dont we just say they are a feline/canine mix? Like Cat-Dog or something

------------------
X used END POST.

-PokeSaiyan on PBS/AGNP-

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-27-2000 03:39 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Deal! ^_^

------------------

Flareon
Farting Nudist
Member # 299

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2000 08:01 AM      Profile for Flareon   Email Flareon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've heard my cat bark once or twice. Lukey think's he's a dog.
I've also seen some controversy over whether Arcanine is a tiger or a dog. I think Arcanine and Entei look like those animals you see on either side of temple gates in Japan and China. Sometimes they're dogs, sometimes they're lions. Maybe that's what the Legendary Whatevers are: temple guardians.

------------------
"I know what you want for your birthday...a Nintendo Playstation!"

From: Yokosuka, Japan | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Chloreon
Farting Nudist
Member # 945

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2000 10:12 AM      Profile for Chloreon   Email Chloreon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jolteon X:
Then why dont we just say they are a feline/canine mix? Like Cat-Dog or something

Exactly! After all, they're pokémon, which don't always link up directly with specific animals(what would Electabuzz be?)... look at Eevee and the Eeveelutions - they're sort of vulpine, sort of canine, but some are sort of feline, too(Espeon comes to mind). Eevee isn't a fox OR a cat OR a dog, it's an Eevee. Why should the legendary Beasts be any different?

Those of us who watch the anime will probably find out what class they've been put in eventually, but for now they're just Beasts.

------------------
Chloreon: A grass-type Eeveelution evolved with a Leaf Stone.
---------
You Know You Like Pokémon Too Much When: You name your dog "woof" because that's all it says.

From: Birmingham, UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2000 12:37 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Never heard a cat bark...

Never heard a dog ROAR, either...

------------------
"This is Canada speaking. Give us all your stuff, or we'll annihilate you."
-- Mike Bullard

Chloreon
Farting Nudist
Member # 945

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2000 12:52 PM      Profile for Chloreon   Email Chloreon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:

Never heard a dog ROAR, either...

Arcanine does.

------------------
Chloreon: A grass-type Eeveelution evolved with a Leaf Stone.
---------
P-p-p-p-pick up a penguin!

From: Birmingham, UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2000 04:29 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK lots of things can roar... there are even roaring mice.... Now that is something I'd like to see!!! ^_^

------------------

Articuno
Farting Nudist
Member # 1091

Rate Member
posted 11-02-2000 02:34 PM      Profile for Articuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes they are cats:
Entei is a Lion
Raikou is a Tiger
Suicune is a Panther.

------------------

VOTM
Farting Nudist
Member # 840

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2000 05:28 PM      Profile for VOTM   Email VOTM   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I say it once again:
DOGS! DOGS I SAY!
But then again, Beast sounds good. Why cant we just say their Beasts? *Paralized and at a sliver of life Sukune pops up* gasp! *Chucks Ultra Ball* Wiggle wiggle Wi-POP! *Sukune breaks out and runs for it* THAT GOD DAMN SON OF A....Hey! They ARE dogs after all!

------------------
Articuno, hear my cry

"This Kittens Purdy." Jackdaw
Bust a Groove 2 ROCKS!
Being a Kiwi sucks.

From: SeaFoam Islands | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2000 05:43 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CATS! CATS! CATS!..... Articuno nailed it....

------------------

Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 05:23 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They're DOGS. And it's much easier to catch the DOGS if you A) get the DOGS down to 1 HP with False Swipe, B) put the DOGS to sleep, and C) throw Fast Balls at the DOGS.

------------------
-Mysterious Priest Velox

Articuno
Farting Nudist
Member # 1091

Rate Member
posted 11-03-2000 06:16 PM      Profile for Articuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aren't Speed Balls better than Fast Balls for the legendary CATS?????

Anyway Lions, Tigers and Panthers have suddenly changed into dogs have they?

------------------

Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 08:16 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's use a little common sense here. If Entei, Raikou, and Suicune were supposed to be cats, Nintendo certainly would not have used the word "bark" to describe Entei's noise. The R/B Pokédex discusses how Growlithe barks to keep intruders away; obviously Nintendo associates the act of barking with dogs. As anyone with at least a grade-school education should.

Keep in mind that these games are NOT aimed at ignorant teens who claim that cats are also well-known for barking. The games are aimed at younger kids. And when a young kid hears the word "bark," two things generally come to mind: trees and dogs.

And as far as the English version of the game is concerned, there's no such thing as a "Speed Ball." When you give a White Apricorn to Kurt, he gives you a Fast Ball.

------------------
-Mysterious Priest Velox

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 09:04 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well SuicuneAtma says we're dogs not cats!

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 01:17 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Articuno:
Yes they are cats:
Entei is a Lion
Raikou is a Tiger
Suicune is a Panther.

Umm...thank you for clearing that up... *cough*

------------------
"I don't pretend to have all of life's answers, but I do pretend to be a spaceman."
-Jack Handley

Articuno
Farting Nudist
Member # 1091

Rate Member
posted 11-06-2000 01:57 PM      Profile for Articuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually they do look like dogs.........

Wait gotta stick to CATS!

------------------

Zane
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1015

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 06:21 PM      Profile for Zane   Email Zane   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who says theyre all the same? Look at Raikou he IS a cat. NO dog has fangs like that. Suicune could be either IMO Coyote or whatever kind of cat you think it could be. Entei however is obviously a dog. The hair on his face covers his whole face like a sheep dog. Lions dont have manes like that nor do any other cats. Why this is such an issue is beyond me.

------------------

Footitch
Farting Nudist
Member # 663

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 07:41 PM      Profile for Footitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you guys are going WAY overboard with this. I mean, c'mon, the size of their FANGS?! this is pokémon, people, wake up! Nintendo aims this at 9 year olds and up, and nine year olds don't really care baout raikou's teeth. I think Velox summed it up pretty nicely, thought I don't know where the tree idea came from...

------------------
-ƒřř†|†˘H
"Drew, are you green?" -My teacher, after noticing that some vegetable coloring had stained my face and hands.
-----
If you are already insane, then there is nothing to worry about.

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 09:24 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How do we know that Nintendo/Game Freak/Creatures meant them to be one or the other? They might just be generic beasts or a mix of the two.

------------------
"Normally, the earliest you can catch Mewtwo is 70. (Might be earlier on some carts)" - MewtwoSama, on Mewtwo's before-level-70 moves

Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2000 04:45 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
>>I think Velox summed it up pretty nicely, thought I don't know where the tree idea came from...

I was talking about connections that little kids make when they hear the word "bark"...and trees have bark, y'know?

------------------
-Mysterious Priest Velox

CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2000 05:14 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hehehe, there's also the same exact topic in the oddish memorial lecture hall. Only it started as "movesets for the legendary dogs"

*that;s what the topic said, not what i said.

In all honesty, what SOUNDS better to all of you? Legendary DOGS or CATS? Don't call them dogs/cats, that's just plain stupid, and the name doesn't flow well. c'mon. Legendary...wait hold on.........POKEMON!!

Now where the hell did that come from?

*cough* PAWPRINTS *cough* ...excuse me...

In the end, they're Legendary Pokemon, regardless. If you guys think this is a weird topic, I'm gonna hit you with another question....
...Are the Pokemon of the Bulbasaur series plants or animals? I mean, the bulb on its back goes through processes like photosynthesis and taking in sunlight, so it should be a plant, right? But wait, Bulbasaur eats regular food...now i'm confusing myself...whatever...

------------------
"Jessie and James don't need the opposite sex 'cuz they got each other!" -- Meowth

Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2000 06:50 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I prefer the term Legendoggies.

------------------
-Mysterious Priest Velox

Guld_YF21
Farting Nudist
Member # 934

Rate Member
posted 11-07-2000 07:36 PM      Profile for Guld_YF21   Email Guld_YF21   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Charizard I think the politically correct term that the Bulbasaurs prefer is... Hybirds, wait that wouldn't be right since bird is the root maybe it's just Plantish Dinosaurs.

------------------
Be like dad, not like sis.
Lift the lid before you piss.

Footitch
Farting Nudist
Member # 663

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2000 08:17 PM      Profile for Footitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DO NOT start on Bulbasaur or you ALL die. Oh, and now i get the bark thing (im usually stupid)

------------------
-ƒřř†|†˘H
"Drew, are you green?" -My teacher, after noticing that some vegetable coloring had stained my face and hands.
-----
If you are already insane, then there is nothing to worry about.

CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2000 11:08 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Geez, footitch, you're 2 for 2. That's the second time you've threatened someone, namely me, with death. This post and Kabutops' post. Calm your ass down.

------------------
"Jessie and James don't need the opposite sex 'cuz they got each other!" -- Meowth

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 11-09-2000 07:55 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They isn't any way to COMPLETLY nail down a specific species for the G/S pokes because they are MONSTERS. POCKET MONSTERS. Since when are monsters real animals? A monster can resemble a real animal, but in the end, it's a separate creature.

I don't see why this is such a big deal. 0_o

------------------
My strong point is art, not strategy...but I try ^^;

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Conflagra
Farting Nudist
Member # 979

Rate Member
posted 11-18-2000 07:53 PM      Profile for Conflagra     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Where do you think the phrase "Who let the dogs out?" came from? The incident where you awaken the statues in Legendary Tower.

------------------

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

Š 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.