The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Hey! I just got back from playing Pokemon Gold....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey! I just got back from playing Pokemon Gold....
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 10-10-2000 07:54 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I went to my local Walmart, looking for some stuff for my Mom's Bday. We look, and I ask my dad if I can go to the electronics, and he says okay. I go, looking for something to play, and I find a little Gameboy Color in the cornor. After remembering that some stores had G/S, I rush to it. I turn the thing on, praying it has batteries. I notice some G/S flyers around, and get my hopes up. I look at the screen. Blah, I think, its just R/B/Y. But then, Pokemon! Gold Version!!
Wow, I get real excited, and I played for ten minuets!
(BTW, this was my first time EVER playing G/S in english, japanese, whatever)

I must say, I am impressed. Nintendo made the graphics cool, for a Gameboy. The battle screens are alot nicer, more layed out. The EXP bar is soooo useful, and I like that little "Spark" when you gain a level. The Pokegear is a nice addition, and is neat. I didn't get to play far, infact, I just got to Cherrygrove City. For those who care, here is what I can confirm(which is not much):

"Seeds" are Berries
Totodile learns Rage at level 7

Okay, and here are just some stuff, thats not really much info, but you might like to know...

The Harden attack is different, instead of a Square coming into the pokemon, the pokemon turns black, and a little white streak comes down it. It looks preatty neat.
Scratch looks different. Instead of just a swipe, it does that and has a few little swipes after it.
String Shot is changed. The little string comes out like usual, but then it wraps up the defending pokemon!

G/S is so cool. I can't wait till Monday!

------------------
"Are you pondering, what I'm pondering Selebi?" "Yes Mew, but how are we going to get 50,000 Magikarps to do the Macarana while whistling?" "No Selebi, We will take over the world!"

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-10-2000 08:28 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know isn't it great!??!?! ^_^

------------------
..."For years, man has tried to pin down the mysterious creature that stomps clumsily along the very edges of our collective subconscious like a cross dresser trying out a new pair of slingback pumps"....

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 10-10-2000 09:36 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had the rom, but it sucked. Does anyone know a good rom that is 100% english? I want to try out G/S again

------------------
"I've been an apple for a day and I need a doctor right away!" Ash, after snorlax took a bite out of him.
"Hello...Mr. Middleton? Yes, your son is a total nutjob and probably should see a shrink, if not be confined to a loony bin... Hello? Hello?"- Mr.K talking about mlmiddleton
cesar@infinity.net

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Conflagra
Farting Nudist
Member # 979

Rate Member
posted 10-11-2000 12:20 AM      Profile for Conflagra     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish I had a good English rom also. Mine isnt fully translated and has some weird characters in place of the words. Oh well, I might as well just wait until Monday.

------------------

Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 10-11-2000 04:09 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Seriously people, are you incapable of being content with you R/B/Y cart for a week?

------------------

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-11-2000 05:58 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have had Japanese silver since last November.... ^_^

------------------
..."For years, man has tried to pin down the mysterious creature that stomps clumsily along the very edges of our collective subconscious like a cross dresser trying out a new pair of slingback pumps"....

FlameBait
Farting Nudist
Member # 235

Member Rated:
posted 10-11-2000 06:08 PM      Profile for FlameBait   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lol people. G/S's release date got changed to today (10/11) in most places. Infact, I have english Gold in my GBC now.

------------------
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups!" - Me

From: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
red13n
My parents think it's weird I wack off to anthropomorphic animals. Yiff yiff.
Member # 1013

Member Rated:
posted 10-11-2000 06:51 PM      Profile for red13n   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the other day i was at toys r us and played gold and silver for an hour and zelda:majoras mask for an hour...

------------------
????

Conflagra
Farting Nudist
Member # 979

Rate Member
posted 10-11-2000 09:23 PM      Profile for Conflagra     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm kinda suprised my local Wal-Mart also had Majora's Mask and Gold/Silver. They also had a much wider selection of GB accessories. Wal-Mart must be improving now that the new management is starting to learn what the consumers want.

------------------

Pokeshark
Farting Nudist
Member # 590

Member Rated:
posted 10-12-2000 10:48 AM      Profile for Pokeshark     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
there are working rom links at http://pagina.de/jl-picard Anytime a new CGB rom comes out, this site has it. The only downside is the website is in spanish (not the roms) (Just click the 600-699 link, pokemon gold and silver are at the bottom.)

------------------
Author of the ULTIMATE gameshark FAQ. Read it for your self at http://www.gameshark.n3.net OR http://www.poke.n3.net Happy Sharking!

From: Happy Fuck Land | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.