The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » The True Way Of Training

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The True Way Of Training
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 03:05 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yesterday something happened to me.
I got my gameboy and my game shark from my mother's house to get ready to bock some pokémon to level 100 for the upcoming tour on the 19th-28th.
While all the sudden my gameboy fell(my game shark was attached to it).
It does not respond now...it is dead. Then I knew that that was a clear sign from the Goddish and at that moment I knew exactly what to do.
I started thinking in how is the game supposed to be played.
I though as close as I could to the Game Freak mindset and what was intended and thus the True Way of training was obvious to me.
I am now in a quest to spread the word of The True Way of Training, The Pure Style of Training that bring the game closer to balance than ever before although Perfect Balance can NEVER be attained on ANYTHING.

The Commandments Of The True Way:

I Thou shall not let anything connect between your gameboy and your cartridge.

II Thou shall not ruin your Hall Of Fame.

III Thou shall not copy your game data.

IV Thou shall not hack your game data.

V Thou shall not Honor any other Way but The True Way in a battle.

VI Thou shall not or have anyone else duplicate your pokémon and/or items.

VII Thou shall never touch your opponent's side of the link cable or their game or the device wich it is attached to.

VIII Thou shall not steal from your fellow trainers.

IX Thou shall never interrupt a battle.

X Thou shall never break and of the above or deny doing so.

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Johnny Eagle
Farting Nudist
Member # 169

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 09:27 AM      Profile for Johnny Eagle   Email Johnny Eagle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I want your opinion on something, I'll ask you for it

------------------
Life's a game:it's meant to be played.

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 01:37 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TGD speaks the truth.

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Eagle:
When I want your opinion on something, I'll ask you for it.

The world would be a sad place if people waited for other people to ask them to say something. If you don't like it, no one's forcing you to read it. Piss off.

------------------
None of Azure's "hard work" was ripped off; only the general concept of the name and the main page, which you didn't even have to "work" for, just think of.
-Fanha

Double-Edge
Farting Nudist
Member # 371

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 03:33 PM      Profile for Double-Edge   Email Double-Edge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"TGD speaks the truth."

What truth? Is what TGD says somehow equivalent to a mathematical formula, or even a matter of fact? No, TGD is issuing moral imperatives that HE made up, and they're blatantly false, because no one can just impose their stupid moral codes on others. This is basically just a follow up to TGD's post about how Butterfree is good if you can "unlock his power" and how Beedrill can take out six mewtwos.

TGD, you have a disturbing tendency to treat pokemon as if it's real (i.e. insinuating that we are actually real trainers) or even sacred. Sorry, but I really don't have a creature with three cocunut heads and a plant growing out of him, and my game data isn't sacred, and using a shark doesn't violate any legitimate moral code.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Double-Edge (edited 09-26-2000).]

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 04:00 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHOOOOOO!!!!! RIGHT ON!!!!! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT THOUGHT CHEATING (GAMESHARK, ETC.) WAS WRONG!!!! I'M NOT ALONE!!!!! AND TO YOU PEOPLE WHO FEEL THEY CANNOT COPE WITHOUT THIER PRECIOUS GS, YOU ARE JUST CRAPPY TRAINERS!!!!!

------------------

Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 04:48 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Then I knew that that was a clear sign from the Goddish and at that moment I knew exactly what to do.

I hope that that was a joke, otherwise, you need serious help.

I Thou shall not let anything connect between your gameboy and your cartridge.

See response to #3.

II Thou shall not ruin your Hall Of Fame.

So what you'e saying is that you will never duplicate a TM a again? LOL!

III Thou shall not copy your game data.

So when Stadium decideds to delete your game, you can't get it back? Right.

IV Thou shall not hack your game data.

This site would not be here if it weren't for gamesharks. I'm sure that's exactly wat you want.<saracasm>

V Thou shall not Honor any other Way but The True Way in a battle.

Which is...what?

VI Thou shall not or have anyone else duplicate your pokémon and/or items.

ROFL! I'd like to see you restart your game several times to get the TMs your "underappreciated" Pokemon are going to need to stand a chance.

VII Thou shall never touch your opponent's side of the link cable or their game or the device wich it is attached to.

WTF???

VIII Thou shall not steal from your fellow trainers.

You mean Pokemon? As in trade-evolved? No one steals them, they're too easy to get.

IX Thou shall never interrupt a battle.

By doing what? Giving up, maybe?

X Thou shall never break and of the above or deny doing so.

Well, if these are the Pokemon "Commandments", then its rather obvious that these rules aren't to be broken.

To Noddy: Use of a Gameshark does not make one a "bad" trainer. Perhaps it means that the user has a life, or that they don't feel like raising another 6 Pokemon to level 100. I've already raised 12 Pokemon to lvl 100, and it's quite a job. And when you have to retrain for any reason, it's really not worth the effort. Pokemon is a game, and should be treated as such.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rysto (edited 09-26-2000).]

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 06:35 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Double-Edge
""TGD speaks the truth."
What truth? Is what TGD says somehow equivalent to a mathematical formula, or even a matter of fact?"
That this is The True Way Of Training, yes.
Why? Because is the closest play format to what the game was intended to be.
Once in a while, it would help to think with your RIGHT brain...

"No, TGD is issuing moral imperatives that HE made up, and they're blatantly false, because no one can just impose their stupid moral codes on others."
Not trying to impose, Edgy, just stating that this format is the closest to what Game Freak intended and thus is tru and not false.

"This is basically just a follow up to TGD's post about how Butterfree is good if you can "unlock his power" and how Beedrill can take out six mewtwos."
Needle Dancer can take out 6 mewtwos, you don't agree because you have NEVER seem it or even TRIED. Butterfrees are good if allowed to use Sleep Powder, a nessesary component that they need to stand a chance, again you dissagree because you have NEVER tried it, if you would have you would have discovered what I have discovered and you'r obviously ASSuming.

"TGD, you have a disturbing tendency to treat pokemon as if it's real (i.e. insinuating that we are actually real trainers)"
Boy, some people due take things too seriously. You missread me.
Instead of me saying "Videogame players that play the GB versions of Pokémon" is easier to say "Trainers".
If you're readng it that way is because you want me to be like that in order to flame me.

"or even sacred. Sorry, but I really don't have a creature with three cocunut heads and a plant growing out of him, and my game data isn't sacred, and using a shark doesn't violate any legitimate moral code."
...and I'm glad you don't have such a plant mutation walking around your house, wich is besides the point of this topic.
Hacking devices are good for research, but since this topic is about the way that the game should be played a hacking device would be immoral.

Rysto
"Then I knew that that was a clear sign from the Goddish and at that moment I knew exactly what to do.
I hope that that was a joke, otherwise, you need serious help."
Yes, it is some sort of inside Azurian joke, I never quite understood it but I find it amusing...heh....Goddish... =^P

"II Thou shall not ruin your Hall Of Fame.

So what you'e saying is that you will never duplicate a TM a again? LOL!"
The game was never INTENDED to duplicate items in order to encourage TRADE like Satoshi(creator of Pokémon) said.

"III Thou shall not copy your game data.

So when Stadium decideds to delete your game, you can't get it back? Right."
The game was never meant to be played on Stadium wich is just a Nintendo invention forced upon Game Freak to advertise their shallow game-unbalancing clauses and restrictions...same people that say that Haze confuses your opponent.

"IV Thou shall not hack your game data.

This site would not be here if it weren't for gamesharks. I'm sure that's exactly wat you want.<saracasm>"
GS are great for research, but for battle is immoral since any moron can get a hacking device and look for codes and apply them.

"V Thou shall not Honor any other Way but The True Way in a battle.

Which is...what?"
The commandments you're reading right now.

"VI Thou shall not or have anyone else duplicate your pokémon and/or items.

ROFL! I'd like to see you restart your game several times to get the TMs your "underappreciated" Pokemon are going to need to stand a chance."
Not just underappreciated but ALL pokémon.
TMs would give the pokémon value and thus encourage trade.

"VII Thou shall never touch your opponent's side of the link cable or their game or the device wich it is attached to.

WTF???"
Would you like an opponent to pull your catrtridge out, erasing your data, when his mewtwo looses to your...say...BUTTERFREE! I think not...
*has happened to him before*

"VIII Thou shall not steal from your fellow trainers.

You mean Pokemon? As in trade-evolved? No one steals them, they're too easy to get."
That's called business, I'm talking about your cartridge, link cable or any other accessories stolen from you.
*has happened to friend before*

"IX Thou shall never interrupt a battle.

By doing what? Giving up, maybe?"
No, by for example:
You opponent starts throwing lil' pieces of paper at you to disrrupt your concentration.

"X Thou shall never break and of the above or deny doing so.

Well, if these are the Pokemon "Commandments", then its rather obvious that these rules aren't to be broken."
This one I put in there to prevent any lawyerball.

"To Noddy: Use of a Gameshark does not make one a "bad" trainer. Perhaps it means that the user has a life, or that they don't feel like raising another 6 Pokemon to level 100. I've already raised 12 Pokemon to lvl 100, and it's quite a job. And when you have to retrain for any reason, it's really not worth the effort. Pokemon is a game, and should be treated as such."
True, and so is poker, I want to encourage a friendly game instead of a greety cheating game where the person with the best slight-of-hand and/or cunning wins.

------------------

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Double-Edge
Farting Nudist
Member # 371

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 07:04 PM      Profile for Double-Edge   Email Double-Edge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Granted, Gamefreak didn't INTEND for you to duplicate TMs, shark pokes, etc.., but as Rysto points out, one would have to have no life at all to keep repeating the game to get new TMs and so forth. Sorry, but I have better things to do with my life than that.

Also, since when does intention translate into moral "truth"? People invent things all the time, later to see their inventions do things that they didn't intend them to do. And it doesn't make it "immoral" to do otherwise. Let's take this example:

Suppose some terrorist experiments with bacteria in order to invent a killer-disease to dump on some country. He has piles of data, instructions, etc... on how to use this substance or whatever, and then he gets caught. When scientists examine the data, etc..., they stumble upon the fact that this bacteria, when tweaked could help greatly in the fight against cancer, MS, AIDS, or some other disease. Is it IMMORAL for us to use the terrorists invention in order to cure people, as opposed to his original intention of killing people? If you think that it's immoral for me to shark my cartridge, then you're commited to saying that, in the previous situation, it's immoral to help fight the killer disease.

Granted, this example isn't exactly parallel to pokemon sharking, but it's exactly the same as TM duplicating. It definitely invalidates your link between "morality" and the intention of the creators. When you're issuing "Though shalts," you should have a stronger argument than what you've given us.

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 07:55 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Double-Edge,
Your argument is a double-edged sword, pun intended.
In the other has children where not meant to engage in sex, their bodies and psychology and their purity of spirit and innocence are not ready for the bestial lust of sex (regardless of how "civil" the person is).
You are saying that is O.K. for one of them God damn piece of shit pediophiles to have sex with a child! This is, ofcourse in the concept being addressed to.
It comes down to this...it is relative.
It depends, it is a call of judgement.
Logic alone CANNOT understand and rule over EVERYTHING, wich is why this system is so fucked up, because it is a left brain system riden ONLY by logic, by the mind and not by the heart.
The commandment where designed to experience the game how it was MEANT to be played.
Don't like it, fine with me, my point is that the commandments give you the experience that the game was intended to have, period.

------------------

El Brando
Farting Nudist
Member # 878

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 09:26 PM      Profile for El Brando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All Hail the way of true gaming! I FINNALLY found some belivers in truth justice and morals in this god forsaken, pit of cheaters!
We must rise up and spread our good word to All! Onward men/wemon of "The True Way"!!!

------------------
"How the HELL do you EARN money?" Tee Jay dazed and confused as usuall.

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 09:32 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! This is just the 2nd day of the topic and there's already Zealot Crusaders...yay!

^___________________________^!

------------------

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 09:41 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn Straight!!! TGD I'm behind you all the way on this one... Everybody come join in the fight against corruption!!!!

------------------
..."For years, man has tried to pin down the mysterious creature that stomps clumsily along the very edges of our collective subconscious like a cross dresser trying out a new pair of slingback pumps"....

MasterTMC
Farting Nudist
Member # 918

Rate Member
posted 09-26-2000 10:10 PM      Profile for MasterTMC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Basically, I think Dreamer is saying: we should play Pokemon within it's correct and true limits. I don't really care if people shark or not. Just as long as they don't lie and say they didn't or link battle me without telling me. But we need to respect the game's programming and not abuse it. I define a REAL trainer as a person who well... TRAINS. Sharking is meaningless. You can't boast, "Look at me! I pushed a shark up my gameboy's butt, and now I'm better than you." You should be ashamed of sharking for tournies.

------------------
Pikachu are you... *THUD* OKAY? Umm.... nevermind.

From: St.louis Mo USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 10:32 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Look, how many of you raised Pokemon to lvl 100 while you were still newbies? I trained an entire team(Charizard, Articuno, Golem, Blastoise, Venusaur, Mewtwo) to lvl 100, and it was hard work. Then I discovered the GX boards, and trained a new Exeggutor, Chansey, Dodrio, Tentacruel and a Ninetales, and used my old Golem. Then, along comes Synergy, and my team gets scrapped again. By this time, I had a Game Shark, and instead of spending some time that could be better spent, I just sharked them. Does this make me a "worse" trained? Are you better than me because you use Pokemon you raised to lvl 100, while I use new Pokemon that I didn't want to take the time to train? IMO, Nintendo should have given trainers a break after making the accomplishment of getting one team up to lvl 100. Or ten Pokemon, that's a nice, round number. Or whatever. Quite frankly, I don't have the time or energy to raise a new team. I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy Silver when it comes out.

To MasterTMC: What you are basically saying is that people who either got really lucky with their first choice of Pokemon, or who have all the time in the world to train, are better than those who made the initial commitment, but don't have the time to make their team better.

------------------

Double-Edge
Farting Nudist
Member # 371

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 10:38 PM      Profile for Double-Edge   Email Double-Edge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can understand how you extract moral relativism from my argument, but let's be frank. Regardless of the outcome of our argument, I'm sure we are both in agreement in opposition to pedophilia!

But we're talking about a game here, not life-damaging activities. Even if you do accept that there is a moral law, you can't assume that it applies to a game which, in the entire scheme of things, is completely unimportant.

Also, to point out a contradiction in your thinking: you argued on your other thread about stats not being important. Lickitung or Butterfree can win with the right training. If stats don't matter, why do you care about people sharking? You'll be able to beat them with anything, as long as you're a good trainer.

And finally, to everyone who agrees with TGD, Game Freak is not God, and I have no obligation whatsoever to carry out their will blindly. It takes absolutely NO skill to catch and raise pokemon. It takes luck/time to get good DVs, but raising them/starting games over to get TMs doesn't take any skill at all.

------------------

Double-Edge
Farting Nudist
Member # 371

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 10:45 PM      Profile for Double-Edge   Email Double-Edge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It looks like Rysto and I are the only ones carrying the torch against TGD. I'm also guessing that most of the anti-corruption (i.e. anti-efficiency) zealots are quite inexperienced when it comes to pokemon, and haven't decided to alter their teams like Rysto and I have.

Just because people work harder for something than others doesn't make them any better. Are the farmers of today, who use machinery to harvest their crops, "corrupt," or inferior to the old timers who used a scythe and a horse plow? No, they just realize that they can be much more efficient when they take advantage of technology. I can make much better teams using GS because I don't have to put in another 10 hours of work every time I change something about it.

------------------

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2000 11:09 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Double-Edge,
I didn't say statistics where unimportant, I said that statistics are NOT everything, that's all.
These commandments I made extract the true experience of the game, if that's not what you're looking for then that's fine but alot of people want to see this Pure Playing style more comon like a Code Of Honor on all trainers. Part of Pokémon is that you must train, and each pokémon gets random statistic potentials like rolling dice for a D&D character. It was meant to be this way is what I'm saying.
I work at least 9 hours a day, 5 days a week and I understand the time thing.
I would have to think long and hard before distributing my TMs and get rare pokémon so I can trade for others with the movesets I like, sort of like Magic:The Gathering.

------------------

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2000 12:22 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Double-Edge:
You'll be able to beat them with anything, as long as you're a good trainer.

Oh, of course. GS'ers never have any concept of 'strategy'.

------------------
None of Azure's "hard work" was ripped off; only the general concept of the name and the main page, which you didn't even have to "work" for, just think of.
-Fanha

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2000 04:01 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yo, what do you call PBS? You think that everyime someone wants a PBS team that they pull out their GB and check each and every statistic so that they can have their real team?

Poop. Now "Thou shalt not play PBS."

Do you think that Nintendo wanted people to use Azure Heights as a resource to figure out how the game works?

Damn. Now "Thou shalt not read Azure."

And you can forget about Mew. Those little machines they have at the Stadium Tours aren't exact versions of Pokemon R/B/Y.

Fiddlesticks. "Thou shalt not use Mew."

You know what? I really used to play like that, TGD. I wouldn't let a GameShark near my Pokemon game. I raised over 30 Pokemon to L100. And you know what I remember? Hours upon hours of pressing A and listening to the radio. It was boring as hell. But I did it.

Do you know how much satisfaction I got out of raising those 30 Pokemon?

Less than can be found in 1 hour of Unreal Tournament.

I believe that playing through the game should be a requirement. You should do everything, and fully train a few Pokemon. And yeah, if you've got an idea for a really solid team, then raise it up and have it for life.

But items? Pfft. Back during about the 2nd month that Pokemon had come out (December '98), the league was discovering that Mewtwo could not be stopped. TeeJay decided that he wanted a Jolteon for its Pin Missile. Jolteon was codenamed "Project: AM2" (anti-Mewtwo), and there were rumors in the league going around. People who heard of a way to beat the Psychic bitch-ass were giddy. I needed a Thunderbolt TM for some reason or other, so TeeJay and I made a deal that I could trade one of my Pokemon over to his game, and he would apply the Thunderbolt TM and trade it back if I raised his Jolteon for him.

That was 6 hours of training...for a TM.

I'll keep my Missingno and Shark, thank you very much.

As for tournaments, well, they don't happen anymore. If they did, then yeah, I'd bear down and raise six brand new Pokemon, the real way. From scratch. Duped items, of course. But that is technically within the bounds of the game. Have you illegalized the Box Trick as well?

My current methods of training vary. If Biffster and I just want to test some new Pokemon and movesets (or play Sucky Cup), then we'll shark 'em up. Pokemon battling shouldn't be about who can sit on their ass catching wild specimens for days straight. It should be movesets, and mad skillz. And who has the luck (Pokemon's biggest downfall).

Recently, what we've allowed to pass for "official" raising is using a shark to catch em at L50, and then work from there.

But if I'm going to be competing for a tourney, then I'm going with real raised Pokeys, yeah.

So, TGD: next time a competitive tourney rolls around that we can all get to, gimme a buzz, will ya? And I'll take a few of your Puritanmon rules into consideration.

------------------
"Every time I beg for money, I gotta pay it back."
-TeeJay, on how his life is hard.

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Double-Edge
Farting Nudist
Member # 371

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2000 04:43 AM      Profile for Double-Edge   Email Double-Edge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HAHA, Puritanmon! That was great. Yeah, just so you know, TGD, I raised over 25 pokemon to L100 from scratch, and spent God knows how much time catching ones with good DVs.

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2000 07:10 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
XI. Thou shalt not be clumsy.

Once in a while, it would help to think with your RIGHT brain...

The right brain controls dreaming, imagination, and fantasy. It doesn't have any logical or analytical functions. I see why you support it.

"So when Stadium decideds to delete your game, you can't get it back? Right."

The game was never meant to be played on Stadium wich is just a Nintendo invention forced upon Game Freak to advertise their shallow game-unbalancing clauses and restrictions...

*yawn*

The Pokemon games have been known to delete themselves with no Stadium/MissingNo/etc. involvement, you know.

And you still haven't provided a shred of evidence that the clauses were forced on GameFreak by Nintendo, either.

same people that say that Haze confuses your opponent.

You mean like how GameFreak claimed that Ghost beats Psychic, Caterpie evolves into Butterfree, and a bunch of other stuff?

BTW, funny that you should say that "Game Freak intended that you not use GameShark." Wasn't it Stadium and the Nintendo tours, the vile creators of the Evil Clauses (tm), that issued the "no Sharking" rule?

------------------
"We both fell into a Vileplume's head."
-- Tracey

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2000 04:00 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah... there is a simple beauty by living a life of honor, be it in sports, games, or everyday living... It doesn't bother me if it's an inconvince, to raise new pokemon... because I did it right and honestly....

------------------
..."For years, man has tried to pin down the mysterious creature that stomps clumsily along the very edges of our collective subconscious like a cross dresser trying out a new pair of slingback pumps"....

MasterTMC
Farting Nudist
Member # 918

Rate Member
posted 09-27-2000 06:20 PM      Profile for MasterTMC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

"
To MasterTMC: What you are basically saying is that people who either got really lucky with their first choice of Pokemon, or who have all the time in the world to train, are better than those who made the initial commitment, but don't have the time to make their team better. "

Not I didn't mean that. And not many people can really say they don't have enough time to make their team better. I play pokemon 1-2 hours a day. 30min morning, 30min to School, 30 min Study Hall, 30 min going home. I think most people can queeze at least 1 hour, doesn't have to be all at once. And if you really don't have any time, then why are you going to this website?? I'm gonna get better at a game that I don't have time to play.

"The right brain controls dreaming, imagination, and fantasy. It doesn't have any logical or analytical functions. I see why you support it."

So Pokemon is logical?

------------------
Pikachu are you... *THUD* OKAY? Umm.... nevermind.

From: St.louis Mo USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Double-Edge
Farting Nudist
Member # 371

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2000 06:50 PM      Profile for Double-Edge   Email Double-Edge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"So Pokemon is logical."

Well, unless you pull pokemon names out of a hat, throw them together, pick random movesets and just play off of gut instinct, then I'm pretty sure it's logical.

------------------

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2000 07:37 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
StarCaliber,
Thank you for your intelligent input.
The commandments were made to extract the true experience of the game.
Research definately requires a hacking device, ROMS, and whatever else nessesary.
I don't get too much competition here eother but I can somehow start a Las Vegas League perhaps that concept would be spread to other cities and if I can change the Evil Ways of Team Ro...er...Nintendo(for all you serious readers, the previous comment was what is called a "joke"*Dr.Evil*) and make them repent and change their defiled and unbalancing system to a more intunned and balanced system that is The True Way Of Training we may have something going here.
Little centers on all cities where trainers can get toghether and play Pokémon, but who would provide the place? The time?
...SILENCE! for I must ponder on this enigma and thus find an answer!
Leave me be! for I must ponder upon it's secrets...(for all you serious readers, the previous comment was what is called a "joke"*Dr.Evil*)

White Cat,
Yeah, well, Balance is one of the Laws of Reality, a lil' bit of logic, a lil' bit of imagination and a lil' bit of emotion and you got a well balanced Human...

"And you still haven't provided a shred of evidence that the clauses were forced on GameFreak by Nintendo, either."
Simple, no clauses in Gold or Silver wich where created after Stadium...

"You mean like how GameFreak claimed that Ghost beats Psychic, Caterpie evolves into Butterfree, and a bunch of other stuff?"
Ghosts can beat psychic, watch...
*gets a gengar*
*attaches a TM to it*
*an alakazam psychics*
*the gengar almost dead*
*detonates the gengar taking out the alakazam*
...see how fun that was... =^P
...and caterpies does evolve into a butterfree...eventualy... =^P
If it was in English it was probably translated by NoA anyway.
The only big mistake Game Freak has done is that butterfrees have venomoth's picture and venomoths have butterfree's picture...

"BTW, funny that you should say that "Game Freak intended that you not use GameShark." Wasn't it Stadium and the Nintendo tours, the vile creators of the Evil Clauses (tm), that issued the "no Sharking" rule?"
A hacking device is opposed by everyone if used for any other reason besides research...

MasterTMC,
"So Pokemon is logical?"
Half of it is like all games.

------------------

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2000 08:02 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey this topics great! I even agree(partially)with SC... I'd of thought my chance of being struck by lightening were more likely .... Anyways ya'll bring up valid points but still there is no exscuse for cheating.... It's not cheating when you're using a GS for research purposes, but in a battle... you all know, even if you don't wan't to admit it.... is cheating... But the choice is completely up to you. Nobody can impress thier beliefs upon another person... well legally... For every person right and wrong differs, you may not find cheating at all immoral, while others do.... Or you just might not care...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Noddy (edited 09-27-2000).]

starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 09-28-2000 02:24 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noddy:
I even agree(partially)with SC... I'd of thought my chance of being struck by lightening were more likely
See? You loved me and agreed with me all along! I am never wrong. Thank you for admitting that I am always right. </FannyAct>

But seriously, that's how I believe Pokemon should be played. Replaying the whole game just for new items is a crock. Dupe them. Dupe them always.

As for getting new Pokemon themselves, well, Biffster and I found fighting the same teams over and over again to be dull, so we just sharked L100 versions of any monster we thought it would be fun to take for a spin (or several, in the case of my MiniJoe destroying Wigglytuff. Thanks, K). I've never used a sharked Pokemon (other than applying sharked items to it) in competition, and I don't intend to.

But for all practical purposes, I see no problem with it.

To Noddy: I seriously have nothing against you, I think you've just seen a bit too much of my assinine remarks thrown at you too soon. Sorry about that. Ask anyone. They'll tell you that I'm usually just messing with ya. I hope we're cool. (I only really have one enemy here...)

And TGD: You didn't really respond to what I said.

------------------
"I spent the night, in a room, with Fanha."
-AznExplosN, making a random recollection

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 09-28-2000 09:52 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh no I'm only jokin! Please don't take anything I say seriously, if you could see me then you'd know I'm jokin... I'm never mean or at least I try not to be, You can say anything you want to me, I can take it... Anyways I'm just a sarcastic little crab, who means nothing me says... But if I'm not joking I make it clear... I'm just a sarcastic little crab, it's nice to meet a kindred spirit...

------------------

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 09-29-2000 12:43 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
People shark illegal moves that was never intended for a pokemon. For example an opponent I faced had Tunderwave on its lapras. Thats the problem with sharking. Ever heard of trading TM's with opponents, or using the TM's that are given to you. Find alternatives for moves you need. Example instead of using BS, use Take down, double edge or strengh

------------------
"I've been an apple for a day and I need a doctor right away!" Ash, after snorlax took a bite out of him.
"Hello...Mr. Middleton? Yes, your son is a total nutjob and probably should see a shrink, if not be confined to a loony bin... Hello? Hello?"- Mr.K talking about mlmiddleton
cesar@infinity.net

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 09-29-2000 04:40 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, wow, StarCaliber's right. That Denver air must be straightening him out. That and time away from Belly.

------------------
"I wasn't really ever a 'newbie'"- Fanha

AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 09-29-2000 04:45 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Caeser, why should people who have the time to reset the game alot to get the TM's they need have an advantage over the people who don't have the time to do it?

------------------

starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 09-29-2000 06:58 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TeeJay:
Hey, wow, StarCaliber's right. That Denver air must be straightening him out. That and time away from Belly.
I like it when you make small posts like this. That way I can flame you quicker.

1) If your remark about air is true, then that would explain how you're so gay. "Uh yeah, I breathe gay air."

2) Mostly the time away from you and El Brando. Belly, I am fairly indifferent towards.

3) Those have always been my opinions about Pokémon ethics, and you know it.

------------------
"Oooh, yeah...better watch out. We've got power over a Pokémon forum! Next stop, New York City!"
-Mr. K, in response to being called "power hungry."

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2000 12:54 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Caeser, why should people who have the time to reset the game alot to get the TM's they need have an advantage over the people who don't have the time to do it?
True, I guess I don't have an answer for that

------------------
"I've been an apple for a day and I need a doctor right away!" Ash, after snorlax took a bite out of him.
"Hello...Mr. Middleton? Yes, your son is a total nutjob and probably should see a shrink, if not be confined to a loony bin... Hello? Hello?"- Mr.K talking about mlmiddleton
cesar@infinity.net

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Eaichu250
Farting Nudist
Member # 826

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2000 01:03 PM      Profile for Eaichu250   Email Eaichu250   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i once raised 8 pokemo0n to level 100

Then i wanted to get a brand new team and. i just used the shark to make my new pokemon to level 100

------------------
"Power hungry? Oooh, yeah...better watch out. We've got power over a Pokemon forum! Next stop, New York City!"
- Mr.K
"The World will end on October 26th year 2000!" - Z-Science

From: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dante
Farting Nudist
Member # 746

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2000 08:30 PM      Profile for Dante   Author's Homepage   Email Dante   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HEY! NINTENDO! IF YOU'RE READING, MAKE SURE IN THE NEXT GAME YOU CAN BUY ALL THE TM'S IN THE GAME! WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, MAKE LEVELING UP FASTER.
/me notice that the Caps Lock is on...
"Erm... sorry.."

------------------
"....." - Silent Bob

From: UK, universe 10812 version 2 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2000 10:52 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Nintemdo's reading.

Why do you even make a post like that? It's just a ploy to make you wait five minutes.

Actually, I have a better question. Why am I responding to a post like that? I must be crazy.

------------------
"Oooh, yeah...better watch out. We've got power over a Pokémon forum! Next stop, New York City!"
-Mr. K, in response to being called "power hungry."

Iyse
Farting Nudist
Member # 149

Member Rated:
posted 10-01-2000 05:17 AM      Profile for Iyse   Email Iyse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're an idiot.

------------------
Slowbro used Amnesia
Slowbro used Amnesia
Slowbro used Amnesia
Slowbro used Surf Critical Hit

From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2000 07:03 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank's for reminding me, Iyse.

------------------
"A game with some balls."
-EGM editor Dan Leahy on Mario Tennis

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2000 08:45 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess the clauses where named after you after all, StarCaliber....

------------------

El Brando
Farting Nudist
Member # 878

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2000 08:59 PM      Profile for El Brando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pifft! You just said that cause the last few parties you went to ya had ta deal with me. If I remember correctly thats when my articuno beat the snot out o yer Toby.

------------------
"How the HELL do you EARN money?" Tee Jay dazed and confused as usuall.

starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 10-05-2000 01:22 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah Brando. That's it. Ya got me.

That never even happened.

TGD...no...the clauses "where" still named after you. Let's not get confused.

And besides, by responding again...that makes you an idiot too, TGD.

------------------
"A game with some balls."
-EGM editor Dan Leahy on Mario Tennis

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 10-05-2000 11:54 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Naaaahh...I'm pretty sure they where named after you since you're now an official self confesed idiot...

------------------

Bahamut-Zero
Farting Nudist
Member # 814

Member Rated:
posted 10-05-2000 06:10 PM      Profile for Bahamut-Zero   Author's Homepage   Email Bahamut-Zero   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
jeez, giv'im a break. let him do what he wants to do for gods sake...man...

------------------
Enter Bahamut Zero's Arena NOW!

From: Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 10-05-2000 08:03 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is classic. Here we have more Sharkers trying to justify their cheating (oh, I'm sorry, "shortcutting") at tourneys by claiming that they have better things to do with their time than raise Pokémon the legal way.

I must say, that argument is an impressive load of B.S. It's far more likely that the majority of people who Shark their Pokémon for tourneys are just impatient, lazy, and a number of other choice adjectives.

Since I juggle school, schoolwork, and an afterschool job, I can find a little under one hour every day to play Pokémon. It takes a long time in terms of days to catch and raise Pokémon because of this, but it only requires one hour, ONE STINKIN' HOUR, per day of playing. (I realize that there are some who can't even meet that scant commitment. But for those people, I have to wonder why you picked up this game in the first place.) If you have those little virtues called patience and dedication, you can raise Pokémon legally without taking much time at all out of your day-to-day life.

::shakes head:: Pokémon players today, always pursuing instant gratification...

------------------
-Mysterious Priest Velox

Karnivax: Did you get to come up with the nicknames for the Pokémon that you trade for in-game? (Lola the Jynx, Crinkles the Tangela et al)
Nob Donut: No
Nob Donut: none of that stuff is my fault
Karnivax: Whew.
Nob Donut: yeah, i think so too. I'd be using names like Biff, Pongo, Goober, that sort of thing

From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-05-2000 09:06 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well said Velox! ^_^ Also you're pretty new here so I'd just like to welcome you to the boards!!! We're all a bit mad... specially SC (he's got issues )... anyways it's always nice to see a new face....
------------------

[This message has been edited by Noddy (edited 10-05-2000).]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.