The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Coming to terms with my skill and knowledge..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coming to terms with my skill and knowledge..
MrTRiP15
Farting Nudist
Member # 112

Rate Member
posted 05-11-2000 09:22 PM      Profile for MrTRiP15   Author's Homepage   Email MrTRiP15   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damnit..I might as well come to terms with myself..I suck compared to all of you..life just isn't fair..I LOVE this game..the strategy..the intense battle of the wits...and I just can't seem to grasp it like all of you can so professionally and easily...
I need help..I want so badly to be like the greats..everywhere I go..I am the most knowledgable...this is the only place where I feel totally dumbfounded..I win battles easily where I live, I'm still undefeated...but I know for some reason that I could still do more with myself and my team..
I hear stories of you all whupping up on Tour Gym Leaders..I crave for battle..I crave to test myself against them...I desperately need tips...I've read and I know everything at Azure already..but for some reason I feel more is secret to me..I need input..
Could you each please tell me your most valuable strategies and Pokemon that you conquer with...it would be tres helpful..I'm trying to make an invincible team..then again..almost everyone is..but still, I'd like to hear from you all..

------------------
-TRiP

From: Louisburg, NC, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Millennium Bug
Farting Nudist
Member # 44

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2000 09:43 PM      Profile for Millennium Bug   Email Millennium Bug   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, I'm not a Grand Master, still quite a newbie if you wanna say.... Personally, I don't win battles all the time, cause when I fight, all my pokémon are, maybe level 30 (still playing,not completed) and my opponent's pokemon are level 100, rare candied up with boosters (not box tricking, iron and blahblahblah). That's why I am also DETERMINED to finish off my friend !!! HAHAHAH....hmm....okie, bout my Ninetale's moveset, advises (I know it's a little off topic, sorry). It now has -Flamethrower
Confuse Ray
-Advise-
-Advise-

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2000 09:44 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The best education is playing lots and lots of link battles.

Nothing else can impress upon you the value of certain things...like Speed, or Confuse Ray.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
AznExplosN
Farting Nudist
Member # 45

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2000 11:43 PM      Profile for AznExplosN     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yea, it all deals with experience. Most of the people here, have been playing when it first came out, so they really know what's going on. I talked about it, ALOT. I owe alot of my skill to AGNP (you guys know who you are), Azure Heights, and all the doofs I talk to online. Without all that, I wouldn't have as much confidence as I do now. It really does take experience.

------------------
Thor said to Terl, in Psychlo, "The little girl over there is begging to shoot you."

"I'll be quiet here," said Terl.

From: Dallas, Texas, United States | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2000 10:29 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh...I got it a month after it came out, and I thought I was late in getting on the bandwagon.

I don't have much competition 'round here, so I just think about it a lot and simulate battles in my head. It worked for me at the tourney, but I dunno.

I wonder when we're getting the online version...

------------------
There is nothing like the fragrance...of a Koffing.

Starmie64
Farting Nudist
Member # 298

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2000 11:09 PM      Profile for Starmie64     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is an online version, the Pokemon Battle Simulator at
http://pokegym.thedojo.com/pbs/pbs.html

It has some bugs but other than that it works really well and is a good way to get experience.

------------------
KIRBY: Go! CHOC. MILK!
ASH: Go! JOLTEON!
Enemy JOLTEON used THUNDERBOLT!
It doesn't affect CHOC. MILK!
CHOC. MILK used EARTHQUAKE!
* JOLTEON faints *

If pro is the opposite of con, then is progress the opposite of Congress?

From: The place with the stuff | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2000 11:18 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No one deserves to call themselves the Grand Master as far as I'm concerned. Everyone falls eventually. I was Champ of my Pokemon League for 9 months running, I thought I was invincible and all of a sudden I went 0-5 combined against Biffster and Star Caliber in one day. I guess I'm "up there" because I fight constantly. And when my friends aren't around, I play the Hard mode computer in Stadium with my team on both sides. Sure, they aren't smart, but it helps a little. Just keep practicing. I bet you're better than you think.

------------------
Smile, it will be the last time you do once you fight me -TeeJay

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
AznExplosN
Farting Nudist
Member # 45

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2000 03:56 AM      Profile for AznExplosN     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rolken:

I don't have much competition 'round here, so I just think about it a lot and simulate battles in my head.

::beckons Rolken::

...must... battle... sometime...

BTW, I'm going to AKON, you gonna be there? Largest Anime Con in the South Western US. 38 bucks to get in, methinks.

------------------
Thor said to Terl, in Psychlo, "The little girl over there is begging to shoot you."

"I'll be quiet here," said Terl.

From: Dallas, Texas, United States | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2000 12:45 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
People call me a master, but I dont consider myself one.

One of the best, not the best, that's how I think of myself.

------------------
AIM: MewtwoSama
It's cold, glowing eyes strike fear into it's enemies.

Wollt ihr das bett in flamen sehen?

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2000 12:23 AM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Where do you guys find people to link battle with? I think it's kind of hard to find suitable competition as a 21-year-old. Not that younger people are bad players, but that's just not who I would normally hang out with and decide to battle. I would feel uncomfortable joining a league where the mean age is less than half mine.

------------------
"Holy Crap! I lose net access for an entire day, and when I come back, I'm a Lord and Master! Woo Hoo!"
-AznExplosN

From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2000 01:15 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

[blinks loudly at pkthunder]

------------------
-cfalcon

"Thanks for deleting the post, cfalcon!"
-UBB Automessage

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.