The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » the end is near

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the end is near
Charger082
Farting Nudist
Member # 191

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2000 08:42 PM      Profile for Charger082   Email Charger082   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I beat stadiums and what do i get NOTHING beating the game was down played by the rest of the game

------------------
My Sandslash will destroy all in it's path

Beware psychic trainers your days are number when G/S comes out

From: livonia, Mi, U.S.A. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stephen
Farting Nudist
Member # 58

Member Rated:
posted 05-05-2000 04:29 AM      Profile for Stephen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charger082:
I beat stadiums and what do i get NOTHING

You got the satisfaction of having beaten the game. Isn't that enough?

(If you found the game easy then maybe it isn't enough; I'm struggling with aspects of round 1, so if I were to ever beat round 2, I'd be over the moon).

-Stephen

From: Merrie Olde Englande | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2000 08:05 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charger082:
I beat stadiums and what do i get NOTHING beating the game was down played by the rest of the game

You get some really neat background stickers in the Gallery section. ;P

Since the Gallery section doesn't exist in the original Stadium 2, I've wonder, what did one earn in the original Stadium 2 after beating Round 2? Probably nothing.

------------------

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2000 09:51 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimzonite:
You get some really neat background stickers in the Gallery section. ;P

*kills Nintendo for making PAL Stadium w/o the Gallery option*

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"So lock up your daughters.
Lock up your wife.
Lock your back door, and run for your life."
- "T.N.T.": AC/DC.

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kirby1024
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 98

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2000 04:26 AM      Profile for Kirby1024   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To be honest, I'm not even considering buying Stadium. There are other games coming out in the next month or so, and to me, the only attraction of Stadium is that you get to battle in 3D. Ho-hum.

Sorry if I've accidently offended anyone. I just don't see the Attraction of buying a AU$100 game to do something I can already do on my Game Boy!

------------------

From: Wantirna Sth, Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 06-08-2000 11:35 AM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One good argument for Stadium:

It makes organizing and training your Pokemon a *LOT* easier!

#1: Dodrio mode. Play through the entire game in one third of the time it would normally take, and all you have to do is beat two Round 1 stadium cups.

#2: Pokemon Lab. Lets you see all your Pokemon easily and use items in a breeze.

#3: Combat testing. Dunno if your new moveset works great against Mewtwo? Take on the game's Mewtwo. Or go to Free Battle and give the CPU your newest movesets and see how well it does against your old team.

The fact that you can now legally get Pikachu to learn Surf is another good aspect of stadium. But the prize pokemon Stadium gives out have terrible stats... my Jolteon that was evolved from an Eevee I got from Stadium has minimum defense. Yuck. I can't use DT/Rest combo since I have to stick Reflect on there:

{Tbolt} {Twave} {DT} {Reflect}

But Stadium has its good elements.

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Admin: Kamek's Kastle Forums
Forum Moderator: Gameshark Central Forums

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2000 01:08 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PoKamek:
One good argument for Stadium:

It makes organizing and training your Pokemon a *LOT* easier!

#1: Dodrio mode. Play through the entire game in one third of the time it would normally take, and all you have to do is beat two Round 1 stadium cups.

#2: Pokemon Lab. Lets you see all your Pokemon easily and use items in a breeze.

#3: Combat testing. Dunno if your new moveset works great against Mewtwo? Take on the game's Mewtwo. Or go to Free Battle and give the CPU your newest movesets and see how well it does against your old team.

#4 The Game Boy Tower on any speed will help you save money on batteries. Especially if you have the battery guzzingly Game Boy Pocket.

------------------

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2000 07:56 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like being able to have my team fight their evil twins.

I feel bad even killing Bizzaro Wiggly.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dan and the Kirbys
Farting Nudist
Member # 221

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2000 09:30 PM      Profile for Dan and the Kirbys     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just wish my Amnesia Psyduck didn't have such horrible stats...
Though I did get plenty of pokemon from the E4 trying to get the thing...7 Eevees...one with perfect speed, which became my Poke Cup star Jolteon, and later one with perfect attack and defense, and one off on HP...I'm training that as a Flareon.
I got 3 Surfing Pikas from Stadium, two on Red, one on Yellow so I can play the Surfing Pika game...
The one thing I have yet to get is the Hyper mode in the Kids' Club...

------------------
-----------------------
/('.')\ Beware the Kirbys...

PPokeM
Farting Nudist
Member # 343

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 02:07 PM      Profile for PPokeM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While we're on the topic of what we got from Stadium:

3 Charmanders, one with exceedingly high Attack, which has become a Slashdancer. Another with so-so HP and great Special, who has become a Flamedancer. The third is average in all stats and is at lv. 32 now.

1 Kabuto that I just got yesterday and haven't done anything with.

3 Eevees, one with high speed, special, and HP who has become Jolteon, and another with high Defense and Attack who is now a Flareon.

1 Squirtle that I did nothing yet to.

1 Hitmonchan, who is as of now rotting in an N64 box.

I just have to beat R2 and get Hyper Mode, then my game is worthless.

------------------
http://www.coolboard.com/boardshow.cfm/mb=922666137818757

Click if you love Growlithe.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.