The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » 8 Reasons to put Magikarp on your team!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8 Reasons to put Magikarp on your team!
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-19-2000 12:53 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
(1) When confused, Magikarp takes less damage from himself than any other pokemon except Onix!
(2) Magikarp has the 7th-highest speed and 14th-highest Defense of all pokemon available in Petit cup!
(3) Of the few Petit pokemon with higher defense than Magikarp, all are slower than him.
(4) The three 120-power attacks with the highest average damazge -- Blizzard, Fire Blast, and Hydro Pump -- all do only half damage to Magikarp!
(5) Magikarp gets the STAB bonus with Splash!
(6) Between his Speed and Tackle, Magikarp is a great finisher for those enemy pokemon with only 1 HP left!
(7) Magikarp is faster than several fully-evolved water pokemon: Blastoise, Kingler, Dewgong, Poliwrath, Cloyster, Seaking, Vaporeon, Lapras, and Omastar!
(8) With Magikarp, you won't have to worry about deciding on a moveset -- just about everyone agrees on the best one!

So go ahead, use Magikarp and laugh at the fools who tell you that's a bad idea!

*falls over laughing*

------------------

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dragonite21
Farting Nudist
Member # 475

posted 07-19-2000 01:40 PM      Profile for Dragonite21     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Magikarp gets no STAB with splash. He's a water type and splash is normal.

------------------
Dragonite21: Poster of much spam
Favourite pokemon: Dragonite
Favourite topic: HAHA
Favourite food: Spam

From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-19-2000 01:53 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are you sure?

Well, he does so much damage with Splash you won't notice the lack of STAB!

------------------

stinky cheese man
Farting Nudist
Member # 455

Member Rated:
posted 07-19-2000 02:05 PM      Profile for stinky cheese man     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! I have to get me a magikarp!

------------------
Do I really need a sig?

Huked on fonix werkd fer meh.

From: a world of perfection | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pink Elephant
Farting Nudist
Member # 261

Member Rated:
posted 07-19-2000 04:49 PM      Profile for Pink Elephant   Author's Homepage   Email Pink Elephant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*runs to get magikarp*

------------------
Last night, I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 07-19-2000 10:48 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whoa thanks atma... you have lead me to the light! The savior of all pokemon.. MAGIKARP!

------------------
Wild MISSINGNO. appeared
Abz1986: Go GENGAR!
GENGAR used CONFUSE RAY!
MISSINGNO. is CONFUSED!
MISSINGNO. is CONFUSED.
It hurt itself in confusion!
MISSINGNO. FAINTED

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 07-19-2000 11:24 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh.. *runs to add Karp to his Petite cup team.*

------------------
"This is a forum for dorks. We're proud of that fact."
-cfalcon

stinky cheese man
Farting Nudist
Member # 455

Member Rated:
posted 07-19-2000 11:53 PM      Profile for stinky cheese man     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fanha:
*grabs paper and tank with Magikarp*

I'll even sell you the whle breeding set...imagine it...this Magikarp...it will lay 100 eggs...that's 100 Magikarp! Then get this...each of those 100 lays another 100 eggs; that's 10,000 Magikarp! And then each of those 10,000 lays another 100 eggs...that's one MILLION Magikarp! And each Magikarp sells for $5; that's 5 million dollars! Tell you what, for $10, I'll not only throw in Magikarp, but I'll give you a gold Poke Ball for this gold mine, and a breeding set! What do you say?

I'll take five. (Stinky cheese just realises he's been ripped off just like james was ripped off while onboard the SS.Anne.) Darn I'm so gullible.

------------------
Do I really need a sig?

Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2000 08:17 AM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll take all of the 'Karp ya got.

*hands over cash, gets fish, and runs home*

don't worry, my pretties. You're all safe now.

*lights grill*

Hee hee hee...

------------------
"And here I have a candy that turns naughty children into giant blueberries... Hey? Where'd it go?"
"Ah dunno." - Jay Sherman interviewing Willie Wonka, The Critic
The Venom Forest

Pink Elephant
Farting Nudist
Member # 261

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2000 09:01 AM      Profile for Pink Elephant   Author's Homepage   Email Pink Elephant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah! BBQ at jackdaws! weee!

------------------
Last night, I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2000 12:43 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jackdaw:
I'll take all of the 'Karp ya got.

*hands over cash, gets fish, and runs home*

don't worry, my pretties. You're all safe now.

*lights grill*

Hee hee hee...

Magikarp rules! It can not be killed. Magikarps, get off of the grill and use SPLASH ATTACK! *flattens Jackdaw*

------------------

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ryoga
Farting Nudist
Member # 490

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2000 01:29 PM      Profile for Ryoga   Author's Homepage   Email Ryoga   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm i think i hav a 9th reason to put magikarp in your ACTUAL team, thats right up there with your lev 100s. Well u just get magikarp in your team then when u play someone they see magikarp in your team and u either say
-'haha i beat u and i had a mgikarp in my team! Haha your crap'
or
-'Oh well the only reason i lost is cause i lent my game to a friend to play on for a few minutes and he put magikarp in my team while i wasn't looking'

------------------
(: ryoga!!!
If pokemon really existed ... No.3
Ash picks up Pickachu
Pickachu doesn't like being picked up, Pickachu shocks Ash
Ash's heart stops
"Wa Hey!Ash dead"-everyone

"Don't question that which you can't comprehend"-Me
ICQ-77316781

From: Somewhere over the rainbow(UK) | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Vaporeon of the mist
unregistered

posted 07-20-2000 02:50 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Funny! The next VB should be about the Magic of Magikarp. Hey! I made a funny! Hawdy ha!

------------------
Articuno, hear my cry

"Damn the Higher Dragon!" Me
"I once tried to teach a parrot japenese, unfortunaly the parrot was stupid." The Amanda Show
"This Kitten's purdy" Jackdaw
"What do you call Poopy air in Scotland?" "Crud Vapors" "Ah" Freakazoid
"I've been told I'm like an Angel with no sense of Mery" "Oh...so can I play Stadium?" "NO!" Me and my Brother
"No son, you and your friends cannot play base ball in my Mirror store." Some cartoon.

IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2000 03:11 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umm, don't want to ruin everyone's fun, but...
USELESS POKEMON FACT:
Magikarp is a fish with only bones and hard scales, it can't be eaten.

So, uhhh, no more bbq.

------------------
I like Moltres, I like Milktank, Meowth mix meowth mix please deliver...
Get it?
Uh, 50 posts and counting.

Dragonite21
Farting Nudist
Member # 475

posted 07-21-2000 04:04 AM      Profile for Dragonite21     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KARP! KARP! KARP! KARP!
Fancy, a topic about magiKARP in KARP park!

------------------
Dragonite21: Poster of much spam
Favourite pokemon: Dragonite
Favourite topic: HAHA
Favourite food: Spam

From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2000 04:17 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I knew my team was missing something.

Sucks about the one-of-each rule though.

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?
------
@iM: CatGonk
!r: Tourmaline
------
tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(
--[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--
------

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
stinky cheese man
Farting Nudist
Member # 455

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2000 04:42 AM      Profile for stinky cheese man     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pink Elephant:
yeah! BBQ at jackdaws! weee!

Great I'll cook up some of my famous BBQ sauce.

------------------
Do I really need a sig?

squirrels
Farting Nudist
Member # 596

Rate Member
posted 07-21-2000 05:24 PM      Profile for squirrels     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'am definitly changing my mind about Magikarp. What an idiot i was.

------------------
"It's all my fault and i'm proud of it."

From: in a hole in some tree | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2000 10:07 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh, not only does he make you lots of money, but he is great in battle AND is great eatin'! (False on all above counts.) You can't make it fight worth anything, show me a Pokmon that isn't a magikarp that LOST to one, and I'll show you a severe level disadvantage. Can't be eaten, unless you enjoy bones and scales. Can't be sold, except to the most gullible fools around. CAN be evolved, into a better Pokmon (not among the top ranks, but maybe that is different in G/S). The evolved form is the only saving grace.

Um, why are you staring at me like that? What's that behind your back? Get back, get back!

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

gyanite
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 182

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2000 12:44 AM      Profile for gyanite   Email gyanite   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fanha:
*grabs paper and tank with Magikarp*

I'll even sell you the whle breeding set...imagine it...this Magikarp...it will lay 100 eggs...that's 100 Magikarp! Then get this...each of those 100 lays another 100 eggs; that's 10,000 Magikarp! And then each of those 10,000 lays another 100 eggs...that's one MILLION Magikarp! And each Magikarp sells for $5; that's 5 million dollars! Tell you what, for $10, I'll not only throw in Magikarp, but I'll give you a gold Poke Ball for this gold mine, and a breeding set! What do you say?

AH! forget Magikrap! i will take 1, have all of them evolve to gyarados's and charge 10 bucks per gyarados, thats 10 million dollers! i get rich and Peaople get a better product! i'm the smartest buiness man in the world! :P

------------------

Do you smell what pikachu is cooking?
yes, a Magikarp.

Lunair
Farting Nudist
Member # 681

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2000 01:09 AM      Profile for Lunair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Magikarp! Yeah! We should make a magikarp theme song...

'Who's the 'karp with the most?
Magikarp!
Who's the fish with the swish?
Magikarp!
Who's got the most style?
Magikarp!
Oh yeah, Magikarp RuLz!'
*runs from rotten tomatoes hurled at him*

But you forgot one important point on your fifth point - though he doesn't get STAB for splash, he's the ONLY pokmon who has splash when you catch him! He also has whiskers - yellow ones, so you can tell he's old and wise (and the whiskers are delicious).

Magikarp is also less vulnerable to electric attacks than gyarados - that means he can take as good as he gets ( ) in long, drawn-out battles! Yes!
But then there's the shame factor when you win with a magikarp ("You cheated! We said no cheap pok-battles, and you had a magikarp! WAAH!!!")
But all in all, Magikarp is obviously King.
I should add this to my sig, "Don't mess with the 'Karp!"

------------------
'Geez!'

From: United Union of Onions | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2000 04:01 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Jaguar:
You can't make it fight worth anything, show me a Pokmon that isn't a magikarp that LOST to one, and I'll show you a severe level disadvantage.

Uhh... how about if I show you a pokemon that lost to a Kakuna and a Weedle? I was playing around with Metronopme, and L50 rental Alakazam metronomed Rage, and ran into a Kakuna (who got lucky with Poison Sting) and a Weedle. >_<

------------------

Rei2
Farting Nudist
Member # 702

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2000 04:55 AM      Profile for Rei2   Email Rei2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll bet that in a Future pkmn game...Magikarp will Evolve into the most powerful pokemon with a special stone. :P
I can image...
Magikarp destroys Mewtwo! </stupid joke>

------------------
--
...the loner...

From: Mt. Dora, Florida | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ryoga
Farting Nudist
Member # 490

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2000 08:52 AM      Profile for Ryoga   Author's Homepage   Email Ryoga   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Putting magi karp in your team shows u r dedicted to the study of Karp. I sure know i am.

------------------
(: ryoga!!!
If pokemon really existed ... No.3
Ash picks up Pickachu
Pickachu doesn't like being picked up, Pickachu shocks Ash
Ash's heart stops
"Wa Hey!Ash dead"-everyone

"Don't question that which you can't comprehend"-Me
ICQ-77316781

From: Somewhere over the rainbow(UK) | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 10-09-2000 12:33 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Jaguar:
You can't make it fight worth anything, show me a Pokmon that isn't a magikarp that LOST to one, and I'll show you a severe level disadvantage.

hehe what about a level 100 Abra with just teleport?

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 10-09-2000 04:45 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*gives Atma a hug* I love Magikarp I love Magikarp! Yes I do, yes I do! Thank you for reviving this topic!

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Chloreon
Farting Nudist
Member # 945

Member Rated:
posted 10-09-2000 06:30 PM      Profile for Chloreon   Email Chloreon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
...show me a Pokmon that isn't a magikarp that LOST to one, and I'll show you a severe level disadvantage.

Heh, I once used the rental Magikarp in the Ultra Ball Prime Cup against that Lab Man's Ditto... The King of Karp beat it by a mile! It's technically not a Magikarp(just disguised as one), so nyaahhhh...!

------------------
Chloreon: A grass-type Eeveelution evolved with a Leaf Stone.
---------
The trouble with political jokes is that they get elected.

From: Birmingham, UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
articool
Farting Nudist
Member # 65

Member Rated:
posted 10-09-2000 10:07 PM      Profile for articool   Email articool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BOB wants to fight!
BOB sent out MEWTWO!
Go, MAGIKARP!
MAGIKARP used SPLASH!
It's super effective!
Enemy MEWTWO fainted!
BOB: What the, how did...
BOB is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
BOB: Why the @#$% did I just punch myself?

Never underestimate the power of the Karp.

------------------
Beware the Evil Rabid Jigglypuff of Doom!
http://www.pokebattles.com
Probability can be a real bitch, but the trick is to make it your bitch.

From: Needham, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.