The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Mewtwo's Cheapness Revisited (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Mewtwo's Cheapness Revisited
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 12-13-2001 05:22 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DrFuko:
I don´t find Mewtwo the living threat anymore, all in thanks to the following things nintendo did to make him weak

-separation of S.Att and S.Def
Agreed.
-Dark types
-Steel types

Only two Darks are ever seriously used for attacking purposes, which is why I see a lot of Mewtwos with Submission (although if the enemy has a Quick Claw, Mewtwo still loses more than half the time.) Steels--bah, their Special D sucks. Flamethrower speeds it up even more.
-Dark moves
Unless they're STAB, no Dark move will be able to outrace Recover (barring SD Downs.) Who wins THAT damage race?
-Megahorn.... the move that CAN ohko a mewtwo
You would NEED a Silverpowder to do that, and even then it's still only a 5-in-39 shot (plus the 85% acuracy). Did I mention Heracross is Fighting?
-two words: shadow ball
Even from Flareon, Shadow Ball tops out at 176. Recover, anyone?
-baton passing
BP what? You ARE facing halfway-intelligent opponents, aren't you?
-Amnesia´s only taking care of s.def
Protects from Darks, doesn't it?
-m2´s low S.Def (but not too low)
278...that's still around 70th percentile...how is that "low?" Amnesia still boosts it.
-curse
Curse WHAT? Even Snorlax takes enough damage from Psychic that it won't be able to put in enough Curses to kill. Remember that Mewtwo can use Barrier and get to maximum TWICE as fast.
-A stronger chancey (blissey) that can curse (bad blissey, bad blissey! that´s not something YOU should be doing!)
Chansey already HAD Mewtwo beat. Once something is complete, there is no need to overdo it. Point?
-New high S.Def pokemon: shuckle, houou, lugia
Just because new Pokemon are introduced that can do one specific job better, I don't see how that makes Mewtwo's performance any worse.
-MeanLook
Congratulations! You just locked yourself in against the best special attacker in the game! What are you going to do now? (Hint: It has nothing to do with Disney World.)
-Perish Song
No good without Mean Look, and it would still be tough to find a way to survive STAB 406-Special-A Psychics. BTW, someone could always switch to a pseudohazer on the first turn, BEFORE you could Look them.
-Tyranitar: The cooler, bigger, better dragonite, (despite submission)!
Didn't you already mention that?
-Fixed CH ratio
WOO-HOO! Now I don't have to worry about getting a CH after full Amnesia!

Is there anything you´d else that you´d like to thank the Nintendo guys for adding from its RBY days?
Safeguard running off 358 Speed?

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 12-13-2001 05:38 PM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, Jolt.... have you read the rest of this long ass post?

::god, it took me forever::

There are so many brand new ways to attack this guy that he has not become the threat that he used to be in his RBY days. You couldn´t screech and confuse because of a lack of mean look, you couldnt baton pass force to potential m2 killers, chancey had less HP AND less special D....

and a tyranitar set in a recover race against mewtwo that is not powered or powering up is a lost cause.... CH is 12.5% and the chance of lowering SDef makes it something you can count on after a while.

Back in RBY, you could only really attack it with physical attacks unless you had amnesia, by which time mewtwo killed you with an insane special.

Who could argue against all this? Who would want to??? I´m content. I don´t call legendary teams cheap simply because they are not the immediate threat they used to be.

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2003 12:02 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
1. Yes, it can. Take Snorlax; it can get something like Psychic for Machamp, and Fire Blast/Flamethrower to deal with the GSC Skarmory.

It would take four Psychics from Snorlax to down Machamp. Lax dies in two Cross Chops. And anyway, I'm talking about RBY.

Now I remember why I rated you the way I did...

Who am I arguing with here?

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2003 09:44 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Internation Noobie Community, Inc.

INC Inc.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mentar the Malady Monkey
worst username ever
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2011 02:32 PM      Profile for Mentar the Malady Monkey   Email Mentar the Malady Monkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I couldn't resist.

- - - - -
WHAT.

From: Pandemonium, HL, Hades | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2011 11:56 AM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Win.

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.