The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » mewtwo-the easy beat (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: mewtwo-the easy beat
maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 01:15 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
people say that mewtwo is unstopable, but truly, mewtwo is just as easy to beat as any pokemon. u just need a stradegy to overcome power.

------------------

From: Dramen, Norway | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 01:25 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this is one way to beat mewtwo. catch a chansey and train it with the move set:seismictoss/softboiled/lightscreen/toxic.
first start the battle off with toxic, mewtwo will slowely faint, when u use toxic mewtwo has already fainted, but still able to attack. then if he starts to use a powerfull attack like psychic, it probably wont faint chansey cause chansey can get up to waay over 600 hp, just heal yourself with softboiled when it comes to your turn. if he uses amnesia to power up his attack, just use light screen to protect yourself from the power up, if he uses amnesia again, use light screen again, if mewtwo uses substitute the just break it with seismic toss, thats an easy way to beat mewtwo.

------------------

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 03:43 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why didn't you just jump onto the bandwagon and post this under "Mewtwo's Cheapness Revisited"? That's the Mewtwo arguing place; it's a pain to have to keep checking multiple threads that are debating the same thing.
From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 04:32 PM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And only use the G/S ball symbol for topics that are related to G/S.

------------------
"To Alcohol - The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."
- Homer

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 05:04 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yavarice, it dosent matter what symbole u put and starcaliber, your supposed to put another easy way to beat mewtwo, not to complain about how cheap he is

------------------

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 05:07 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, actually, it does kinda matter. The G/S ball was put here to separate RBY messages from G/S messages so we know what you're talking about. Most of the moderators here don't take to kindly to the misuse of it...

------------------
Insert sig here.

TeeJay
AIM:daBIGTom
e-mail:dabigtom@yahoo.com

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 05:40 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
u dont care teejay, will someone just put an easy way to beat mewtwo

------------------

Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 06:00 PM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
maagisk.. I know you IRL, and I know you arent a jackass most of the time. These guys are just trying to make your stay here a little easier.

------------------
Go, X!
X used Thunderbolt.
GOLEM fainted.

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 06:28 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
riiiiiiiiight, but would someone just for godsakes write on how to beat mewtwo

------------------

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 06:35 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can only use Light Screen once.

And physical attacks like Swift will destroy you. If his attacks deal more than 1/2 or your HP in damage, it's just a matter of time before Chansey bites the dust.

------------------
COFFEE!
Sun Microsystems' Java Programming Language

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 06:36 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Read almost all the other topics concerning Mewtwo, it's all there. I'm not gonna type it again.

------------------
Insert sig here.

TeeJay

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 06:41 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok, mr. rolken, good point u made about physical attacks but have u ever heard about a mewtwo having physical attacks, well i havent. and will someone for god friggen sakes write about how to beat mewtwo

------------------

Scyther7164
Farting Nudist
Member # 382

Rate Member
posted 06-15-2000 06:59 PM      Profile for Scyther7164     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I already posted a way to beat Mewtwo under "A question to Mewtwo supporters." Here's my post:

quote:

Mewtwo may be really powerful, but he is not a cheater!
I will say this: Yes, he is the best Pokémon in the game. But, that does not mean that he is a cheater. Like other Pokémon, HE CAN BE FOILED!!!

You just need the right "other" Pokémon. Like, for instance, Kangaskhan. (I shall name him, "The Perfect Mewtwo Killer."

A Kangaskhan with these moves and my strategy could kill a Mewtwo:

-Dizzy Punch
-Horn Drill
-Toxic
-Seismic Toss

Dizzy Punch has better accuracy than Mega Punch and you need normal attacks for Amnesia'd Mewtwos. Horn Drill, if you depend on luck. Toxic to poison its ass so it slowly dies. (Until it rests/recovers, so you can keep Dizzy Punching while he rests/recovers. Seismic Toss, because it's always nice to deal 100 damage.

It may not work, but it might...

------------------
There's no such thing as a good Onix.

ICQ - 77029628
E-Mail - scyther7164@yahoo.com

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 10:08 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A) That Kangaskahn SUCKS, Scyther. I don't think it can even learn Horn Drill.

B) I already told you, maagisk, check out the Mewtwo's Cheapness Revealed and all others. There are tons of ways mentioned on how to beat Mewtwo.

------------------
Insert sig here.

TeeJay

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 10:22 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maagisk:
ok, mr. rolken, good point u made about physical attacks but have u ever heard about a mewtwo having physical attacks, well i havent.

Well, I'm sorry, then.

I'd never known of anyone (else) using Chansey before I got to Azure, yet you can't rule it out.

Be prepared for any situation. I've seen plenty of people with Swifting Mewtwos.

I use Seismic Toss/Double Team/Softboiled/T-Wave on Chansey for a Mewtwo killer.

------------------
COFFEE!

Jeff Krisko the Gopher
Farting Nudist
Member # 469

Rate Member
posted 06-15-2000 10:33 PM      Profile for Jeff Krisko the Gopher   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Krisko the Gopher   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
ok, mr. rolken, good point u made about physical attacks but have u ever heard about a mewtwo having physical attacks, well i havent. and will someone for god friggen sakes write about how to beat mewtwo.

I had a Mewtwo with Hyper Beam (pre-Sta). I used it at the tour just for the element of surprise, because "have you ever heard of a Mewtwo having physical attacks." I'm also thinking of putting DE or Body Slam (does he learn it?) when I get into an Amnesia'd Pokemon war.

Oh, beat a Mewtwo with Mewtwo, that's the easiest way (not much strategy, but hey I'm not the most strategic person). Use a Mewtwo with Seismic Toss. When you're both Amnesia'd up, the special attacks won't do much damage, so just hit them with S-Toss.

------------------
Jeff
--
54 more Pokemon until Amnesia Psyduck

[This message has been edited by Jeff Krisko the Gopher (edited 06-15-2000).]

From: Sacramento, CA, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 11:04 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well ok rolkens but even if chansey uses light screen it wonteffect my physicall stats, and even if he uses a phisical attack, i think chansey can survive it cause it can get up to nearly 700 hp, and jeff, using mewtwo vs. mewtwo is too risky, plus defeting a mewtwo with another mewtwo is no easy task, u could probablyuse that method if u r super skillfull, but im not going to give my oppinion on that cause i dont know u, if i were u id try to put a little effort in using statagy, now could someone please stay on the topic and write about how to easily beat mewtwo

------------------

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2000 11:23 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chansey has 700 HP but he also has like 100 Defense. Do you know how sorry that is? Any physical attack besides Seismic Toss will do some serious hurt to Chansey, I don't know if it will kill him or not, depends on the move.

Ok, you want a way to counter Mewtwo? I'll give you one, even though you're so arrogant you won't listen to me and go to all the other topics on here lately.

Slowbro: (TobyBro moveset)
Thunder Wave
Surf
Amnesia
Rest

Very powerful against a Mewtwo, unless said Mewtwo has T-bolt, then you'd better steer clear unless you are powered up already.
T-Wave the M2, this helps a lot in Speed and extra turns. Amnesia up, then blast him with Surf. Surf will do an incredible amount of damage, since you have 999 Special, and with the type bonus, a base power of 132.5.

"But TeeJay, it's not hurting him too much."
Probably because he is also Amnesia'd up. In this case blast him and when he's fully paralyzed, you should have an opening to finish him before he can Recover.

Rest when needed.

That's ONE of the many ways to beat M2. You want more? Do what I said and read the Mewtwo topics in the Arena, they are packed with ways to win.

And stop using that damn G/S ball! It's for your own good.
------------------
Insert sig here.

TeeJay

[This message has been edited by TeeJay (edited 06-15-2000).]

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2000 01:28 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that slowbro sux youd be better off with mewtwo vs. mewtwo, and i dont know if youve ever tryed chansey before, well obviosly u havent cause i have and it is the best way to beat mewtwo

------------------

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2000 02:08 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maagisk, you need to listen to people. That Chansey is pretty good-looking, but I still believe Tobybro is better because Tobybro has a speed advantage. (T-wave) Mewtwo vs. Mewtwo you shouldn't rely on, because it usually comes down to luck. I would love to battle you on PBS sometime and show you what I mean.

------------------
Insert sig here.

TeeJay

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2000 04:03 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
obviosly fanha does not know what he is talkin bout because a mewtwo with self destruct is as good as dead, i mean good god, this fanha guy is a true idiot, u want your mewtwo to stay alive so y not just toss the selfdestruct or explosion.

------------------

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2000 04:36 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maagisk, you don't just ask for help and not take it, and then say the people who help you are idiots. Fanha knows what he's doing, as do I. (Most of the time).

If you rely on Mewtwo THAT much, then you need better strategy and I wouldn't consider you to be one of the "best trainers in the world." I endorse the use of Mewtwo, but you can't put all your hopes on one Pokémon. And besides, if I could take out a Mewtwo with my kamiMewtwo, I would be happy. It would be like removing the opponent's queen in chess, whatever it takes, do it.

I'm really trying hard to keep from flaming you because you're new, but please listen to what people have to say.

------------------
Insert sig here.

TeeJay

Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2000 04:44 PM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright, I'm gonna step in to moderate this thing right now
quote:
obviosly fanha does not know what he is talkin bout because a mewtwo with self destruct is as good as dead, i mean good god, this fanha guy is a true idiot, u want your mewtwo to stay alive so y not just toss the selfdestruct or explosion.

You are a complete prick, there, does that sort out that statement for you?

Fanha has been on this board longer than most of us, and he is one of the people that I respect the most on here. He puts up good arguements for using Mewtwo, and sticks by his use of him no matter how much he gets flamed

And as for your dissmissal of the Kamiewtwo, you don't seem to understand the concept:
To get rid of Amnesia M2s

But seeing as you are such a newbee that you probably don't know how amnesia works, learn.

I will end with a Japanese proverb:
A frog in a well does not know the ocean

Kind of sums you up doesn't it?
You ignorance to accept other peoples views or change your own confines you to the SH1T hole of pokémon:
being a newbee

------------------

Mewtwo used Blizzard
It's frozen rock solid!
Being unable to move hurts

I'm trying to forget myself, but if I do where will I be when I need me?

Out of Desperation, courage is born

From: Kent, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2000 05:37 PM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And you say Toby sucks?!?!?!?!?!
Man, go and learn what amnesia does

------------------

Mewtwo used Blizzard
It's frozen rock solid!

AznExplosN
Farting Nudist
Member # 45

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2000 06:07 PM      Profile for AznExplosN     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rolken:
I use Seismic Toss/Double Team/Softboiled/T-Wave on Chansey for a Mewtwo killer.

Minimize over DT, and you'll have a Molly! ^_^

------------------
Thor said to Terl, in Psychlo, "The little girl over there is begging to shoot you."

"I'll be quiet here," said Terl.

From: Dallas, Texas, United States | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2000 09:51 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
man, just cause im a "mewbee" dosent mean that i dont know just as much as u do bout pkmn. and for the rest of u alpins, i do know what amnesia does, now i didnt come her to ask foe help, cause i probably know more than any of u bout pkmn, i came here to think bout your good opinions on how to beat mewtwo. i dont need upeople to sit here and tell me all the time that my chansey sux, cause obviosly u r to lazy to try it yourself, i came here to give my opinion on a goodway to beat mewtwo, so y dont we lay aside the stupid trash talk, and just tell your way of beating mewtwo without insulting the thought.

------------------

ceoalex316
Time for the flaming leprosy party
Member # 338

posted 06-16-2000 11:35 PM      Profile for ceoalex316     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How about a KAMIEWMEW with explosion,sword dance, t-wave/softboiled, and whatever you want. Its better since you have a explosion dancer insead of the weaker selfdes(i cant really spell it).

------------------
...PIKA!,PIKA PIKA! ... So you say I am wrong, that you are not his human servent but his friend.. PIKA ... you are as pathetic as the rest...

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2000 03:02 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't believe you're arguing with this idiot.

Just ignore him, he's probably related to MT0.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2000 08:06 AM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MTO has changed his ways, his last few posts have been cool..
Why don't we make this guy the NEW MTO!
maagisk, you are a retard OK
The truth hurts sometimes...

------------------

Mewtwo used Blizzard
It's frozen rock solid!

Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2000 10:20 AM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man.. I cant believe he's acting like this. I know maagisk, and he's actually one of the nicest people I know. Maagisk, cut out this insulting of people.. they don't enjoy it, and the Azurians probably dont either. You really should read "Mewtwo's Cheapness Revisited" It has some good M2 killing ways. Another thing, NEVER insult Tobybro on this forum. Go to UPN to do that, Im sure someone here will give you a link.

------------------
Go, X!
X used Thunderbolt.
GOLEM fainted.

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2000 05:53 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr. K is right in one respect, this guy's an idiot...

But I'm not related to him...

Oh, golbat is much better than Koffing.

------------------
You will feel the wrath of Golbat
AIM: Magician Type 0 | Come see my Work at GameFAQs

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2000 06:03 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AznExplosN:
Minimize over DT, and you'll have a Molly! ^_^

This is the Chansey moveset I used for my first Chansey; I deleted Minimize on it when I was a stupid newbie. I'm in the habit of saying DT instead of Minimize now.

But why doesn't Minimize make Chansey smaller in Stadium?

------------------
COFFEE!

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2000 11:50 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok, ive had enough, this sux, all i wanted to do was have fun and share my idea on how to beat mewtwo, but all i get is "put this in mewtwos cheapness revisited" that chansey sux" and u say i insult people, man! u guys r so stuck up cause u think your all great because i am a "newbee". well let me tell u guys something, i know just as much about pokemon as u do no matter how long ive been here, when my friend , jolteon x, told me bout this and said ill learn alot from this, i dicided to try it, but this forum hasent tought me anything, u just insult people. do u call that fun and learning. u say fanha is great at pkmn cause hes ben on the board long, well i dont give a f*ck, cause i know just as much about pkmn as he does, u guys have not tought me anything new so theres not really any point for me staying here now is there, so im not even gonna enter this board again.

------------------

pkboy
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 426

Rate Member
posted 06-18-2000 12:57 AM      Profile for pkboy   Author's Homepage   Email pkboy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since he's leaving, he probably may not see this message anyway..but what the hell...

Chansey does not suck, just yours...

Know as much about pokemon as THESE guys?...not possible...hehe (no offense)

just some ...little things....its dEcide, and err...tAught...

And good bye! See you soon!...
I'll look forward to your posts on UPN...

------------------
PK does NOT stand for PIKA, PIKACHU, PIKA-PIKA....

starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2000 01:59 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
maagisk, if you are still around to read this, here goes:

What are you talking about? People have been telling you so many ways to beat Mewtwo (some of them fairly ineffective IMO, but killing plans nonetheless) that it's not even funny. And all you do is insult them, and then have the nerve to say that they are insulting you.

Not to mention, there's plenty here for someone such as yourself to learn about Pokemon, and it can be found all over the main page; not just in the forums. In addition to all this, this forum is mainly for Pokemon war stories, not ways to beat Mewtwo (although Mewtwo's Cheapness Revisited has become quite the hot topic lately). If you really want to know about beating Mewtwo, you might consider posting this in Oddish Memorial Lecture Hall or Azure Pokemon Center.

One last thing. I realize that Fanha and I have had our, erm, "differences" to say the least recently, but in no way am I doubting his Pokemon skills. If you are just as good as Fanha, then prove it. Play him over PBS. Post the war story. I'd love to hear it, as would many other people who've posted under this thread, I'm sure.

------------------
"Yeah Ramon. That'll happen."

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2000 03:28 AM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maagisk, could you back up your statement that says you know as much as we do? I wanna fight you on PBS so I can know for sure, I mean, you could be right, but then again, you could be wrong.

------------------
Insert sig here.

TeeJay

Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2000 09:36 AM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just leave this guy OK! Don't talk to him, or even mention his name. He thought he was as good as us: he was wrong.
At least we brought down his ego a bit
And if you are still here maagisk, even under a different name fuck off!
(See, no staring out for me)

------------------

A frog in a well does not know the ocean-Japanese proverb

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2000 11:11 AM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
before i leave i wanna know y u guys didnt like me. i never even insulted u, u just say that. all i really wanted to know was your ways to beat mewtwo, i already got my own way which i already know works, so u cant even say anything untill u try it. and by the way sorry i dont know what pbs stands for.

------------------

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2000 01:04 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PBS stands for Pokemon Battle Simulator. You can fight in Pokemon online, but it's glitchy. Go here.
http://pokegym.thedojo.com/pbs/pbs.html

I don't hate, you, and I always give people second chances. I just think you are kind of ignorant. Heres some reasons for ya.

starcaliber, your supposed to put another easy way to beat mewtwo, not to complain about how cheap he is

u dont care teejay, will someone just put an easy way to beat mewtwo

but im not going to give my oppinion on that cause i dont know u, if i were u id try to put a little effort in using statagy, now could someone please stay on the topic and write about how to easily beat mewtwo

that slowbro sux youd be better off with mewtwo vs. mewtwo, and i dont know if youve ever tryed chansey before, well obviosly u havent cause i have and it is the best way to beat mewtwo

I've tried Chansey a lot.

And you wonder why...

Ok, there are more reasons. But I think you understand.

------------------
Insert sig here.

TeeJay

starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2000 03:42 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pokémon Battle Simulator, you half-wit.

------------------

starCaliber
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2000 03:43 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, oops. Forgot to check Page 2. TeeJay already posted it. Oh well.

------------------

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2000 03:46 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
im not leaving becausei dont likeuim leaving because i came here to learn, but i havent learned anything new. and im not trying to be barky but ifu guis think u r good at pkmn cause u r on this board then i have news for u, look around! your not better than any other trainer out there, your somewhere in the middle. but im no prize myself.

------------------

Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2000 04:01 PM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, so I'm not better than the NOM editor Dave?
quote:
Articuno is an essential member of any squad. Teach him blizzard esspecially for stadium and he will kick ass

Shut up, and go away...

------------------

Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2000 01:26 PM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, maybe I am taking this post a bit too seriously, but I cant stand this guy saying he's not insulting anyone and their pokémon when he quite blatently IS.
Here are some of the things he has said which he deems are NOT insulting:
(I'm not going to punctuate these, it would take too long)

quote:
if i were u id try to put a little effort in using statagy

Talking to Rolken

quote:
that slowbro sux

Tobybro

quote:
obviosly fanha does not know what he is talkin bout

Talking about Fanha (well duh..)

quote:
and for the rest of u alpins

To all of us...don't know what it means, but it sounds (moderatly) insulting

quote:
u r to lazy to try it yourself

speaks for itself

quote:
u guys r so stuck up

and again...

quote:
your not better than any other trainer out there

To us again...

There we go, 8 quotes which could be considered as insulting...

------------------

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 01-15-2002 01:59 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Uses a time machine and warps back to June 15, 2000 at 1:15 P.M. to my first post ever at Azure*

- - - - -
-

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 01-15-2002 02:36 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahhh memories

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-15-2002 09:20 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rolken:
God damn.

Azurians sure have taken a turn for the worse lately.

Rolken's a prophet.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 01-16-2002 10:13 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah, I read the first 20 posts or so, then gave up, realizing that I should just post what I wanted to say, and be done with it.

Come GS, there is NO known way to 100% guarantee against a Mewtwo with ANY given moveset, in a 1 vs 1. You want to T-tar him out? He'll Submission-you to death.
BLissey/Minimize? Submission/Swift.
Blissey Reflect? Submission
Mewtwo? Depends on the opponent, which means that it's not 100%.
Starmie? "Dunda'-bolt!" -Lt. Surge
Snorlax? Submission.

So, save Explosion/Perish Song, and the like, which is rare by itself, I don't think it's possible. In a 1vs 1, even Missy can't win, as 2 Psychics kill it, and you can't guarantee both Protects will work, and you get hit using the Perish Song to begin with.

Mewtwo is THE ultimate Cheap-ass, as even Ho-Oh can be slaughtered by, say, tyranitar, and Lugia loses out to Mewtwo 95% of the time, and Missy just as much.

Anyone care to dispute?

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 01-16-2002 02:17 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Raises his hand*

Kikered's ingenius Midrevous could take out Mewtwo.

- - - - -
-

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 01-16-2002 09:00 PM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised nobody has even touched his appaling typing style.

But let's face it, Maagisk, although I find it strange nobody has pointed this out, the simple fact is you didn't come here to learn - It's terribly apparent in the fact that you refuse to bow down and yet complain you aren't having fun or learning - It's because you didn't have any intention of the latter.

You came here to show off, and now you're realising just what a small bowl that fish is, your Chansey will pretty much fail totally against every Mewtwo I've ever seen in play (Substitute, Submission, Rest....) - Also Toxic is not a killing blow, switch the Pokemon out and back in and you have a mildly annoying Poison.

You yourself said this: ok, mr. rolken, good point u made about physical attacks but have u ever heard about a mewtwo having physical attacks, well i havent.
And then you turn around and say that you know more about the game than people here, this isn't some elitist playground, althought people act like it, this site has history all the way back to when people had no idea how the game ran. Nearly everyone on this board plays several battles a day online against varied opponents, and that's a lot of experience.
What you essentially did was walk into a room full of Nobel Peace Prize winners and demand you receive one just because you found the room.

People told you repeatedly where you could find the information you were looking for without them repeating it, they also were quite on topic when you were telling them to stay on it - In fact, despite your total rudeness and inability to admit when you were wrong, people were still offering suggestions and poiting out where your weak points were in the strategy.
The fact that your Chansey relies entirely on;
1. The Mewtwo not having a Physical Attack
2. The Mewtwo not having Rest
3. The Mewtwo not having Doubleteam

also, Thunderwave would ruin your ability to actually kill Mewtwo even while it died of Toxic. Now, I can name three Mewtwo setups I've seen that boast a Physical attack, I can name one that has Rest, there has been all BUT one that has Doubleteam and Thunderwave.

Speaking from experience, the Tobybro is an excellent counter to Mewtwo, although it still won't do every build, it will do more than your Chansey.

The simple fact is, what you have to realise is that your pond is small, Pokemon trainers the world over are different everywhere - I see completely different builds of Pokemon than people see on this board because the people here have a different style, they use different Pokemon and use different moves for the same ones. Now, this may be shocking, but your country is just the same, the metagame online has evolved massively because of the amount of time and energy that can be put into it from everyone - This also causes it to become quite narrow and specialised, which is why Azure Heights knows what it's talking about when you want a specific Pokemon for a specific job.
They've spent months and years honing those Pokemon to do just that.

If you want to make yourself feel better about your ability, go to ThePojo.com or Gamefaqs.com boards, AH is an unfriendly place, but frankly, we're about as cutting edge in the Western world as you're going to get - My suggestion is, post an apology and next time you want to start a topic, be willing to actually change your opinion, because that's what everyone here had to do.

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.