The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » [ETHICS] Breeding and RBY

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [ETHICS] Breeding and RBY
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2000 05:05 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What are everyone's opinions on using Gold & Silver to breed new moves onto the original 151 Pokemon, and then transferring them back to RBY? You could get thinks like Nidoking/queen with Amnesia, Ninetales with Hypnosis, Vileplume with Razor Leaf, etc. Would you consider this to be legal and/or ethical?

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. I don't see how G/S count as "modification with an external source" (as Cat-Gonk called them) anymore than trading your Kadabra to evolve it is. Since I hate Double Team, one of the first things I intend to do when I get G/S is put Haze on Blastoise, Poliwrath, Tentacruel, Dodrio, Muk, Gengar, Kingler, Seaking, Omastar, and Dragonite and send them back to Chromatics...

Of course, if Nintendo decreed that it was illegal, I would have to go along.

branners
Farting Nudist
Member # 101

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2000 08:08 AM      Profile for branners   Author's Homepage   Email branners   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd have no problem with it. Just an excuse for a legal gameshark, if you ask me.

Besides, I've always wanted Omastar with haze anyway...now I have an excuse to do it.

------------------
-branners, AKA Tominater

AIM: TEbranners

Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2000 09:14 AM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn:
Most I'm happy with, but:

Nidoqueens, Nidokings, Persians, Kinglers, Tangelas and Clefables with Amnesia??

No thanx!

Are you one of the M2-haters,because this
would be a perfect way to balance the fight
with M2 - everyone else has Amnesia,so now
M2 can't get a jump on them!

I would gladly accept any Pokemon with Amnesia - it would give me a chance to
play with Meowth.

------------------
* GLOOMBOY: The Vileplume Trainer *

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2000 02:06 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clefable with Amnesia + Lightscreen ^_^
Mewtwo spends all day trying to Psychic and cause more than a couple points of damage...
"What's the matter? Getting tired mewtwo?"
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2000 03:16 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well its kinda fun to do that but... I'm kinda unhappy. Why does lapras have to get its special icon? Is there anything that can breed with lapras other than ditto and lapras?

------------------
"And sometimes you see things that aren't there (Like what?)
Like fat woman in G-strings with orange hair
(Mr. Shady what's a G-string?) It's yarn Claire
Women stick 'em up their behinds, go out and wear 'em"

--"The Kids" by Eminem

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gyarados Rage
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 497

Rate Member
posted 06-24-2000 05:50 PM      Profile for Gyarados Rage   Author's Homepage   Email Gyarados Rage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really have no idea why it's a big issue. I think that idea is stupid. If the moves are legal in G/S but not in R/B/Y, so what? Who the heck will be playing RBY when GS comes out anyway? And what are they gonna do about it? Cry? When Gold/Silver comes out, I plan to use breeding to it's fullest. Breeding isn't some magical thing anyway, where any pokemon can learn anything. There are restrictions and limitations and some moves can't even be transferred at all!

And another thing: Why the heck would you Breed in G/S and then trade back to RBY? That's like taking a step backwards. What's the usefulness, other than using those moves in Stadium?

------------------
[B]Project: Metronome

Where clever phrases worded are not properly!

From: The Magical World of Digimon | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2000 06:22 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abz1986:
well its kinda fun to do that but... I'm kinda unhappy. Why does lapras have to get its special icon? Is there anything that can breed with lapras other than ditto and lapras?

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Nidoran(f)
Nidoran(m)
Nidorino
Nidoking
Psyduck
Golduck
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Seel
Dewgong
Cubone
Marowak
Lickitung
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Seadra
Lapras
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Snorlax
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Mareep
Mokoko
Denryuu
Marill
Mariruri
Nyoroton
Upaa
Quagsire
Slowking
Saniigo
Teppouo
Okutan
Delibird
Mantine
Kingdra
Yoogirasu
Sanagirasu
Bangirasu

Those can all be bred with Lapras... It has NOTHING to do with Icons...
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

Gyarados Rage
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 497

Rate Member
posted 06-24-2000 09:09 PM      Profile for Gyarados Rage   Author's Homepage   Email Gyarados Rage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's hard to imagine a Bulbasaur and a Lapras...

Anybody call for a tossed salad? OWCH! Or a squashed salad?

------------------
[B]Project: Metronome

Where clever phrases worded are not properly!

From: The Magical World of Digimon | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2000 09:29 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Personally, I don't have a problem with it. I don't see how G/S count as "modification with an external source" (as Cat-Gonk called them) anymore than trading your Kadabra to evolve it is.

Well, considering that you can't actually do it in RBY, it may as well be Game Sharked.

Stadium's still going to register the moves as illegal, and I doubt they'll release a new one for RBY just so people can play with Haze on Gengar without being marked.

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?

@iM: CatGonk

tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(
--[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2000 09:45 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum1/HTML/000259.html
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 06-25-2000 06:54 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

quote:
[B]
Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Nidoran(f)
Nidoran(m)
Nidorino
Nidoking
Psyduck
Golduck
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Seel
Dewgong
Cubone
Marowak
Lickitung
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Seadra
Lapras
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Snorlax
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Mareep
Mokoko
Denryuu
Marill
Mariruri
Nyoroton
Upaa
Quagsire
Slowking
Saniigo
Teppouo
Okutan
Delibird
Mantine
Kingdra
Yoogirasu
Sanagirasu
Bangirasu
[/B}

I feel sick now... what is it that determines breeding? How come lapras can't have sex with arbok or something?

------------------
"When the moon hits your eye like a giant pizza pie, thats Amore"

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dragonov
Farting Nudist
Member # 222

Rate Member
posted 06-25-2000 10:50 PM      Profile for Dragonov   Email Dragonov   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by abz1986:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, the icons are merely the footprints of each pokemon. Kind of cute, but they have no relationship with breeding!

------------------

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2000 04:17 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, considering that you can't actually do it in RBY, it may as well be Game Sharked.

Well, my point is that G/S are official Nintendo Pokemon products, unlike the Gameshark. If you can use trading to evolve Kadabra, or Stadium to put Surf on Pikachu, what's wrong with using G/S to put Haze on Omanyte?

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2000 04:59 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Well, my point is that G/S are official Nintendo Pokemon products, unlike the Gameshark. If you can use trading to evolve Kadabra, or Stadium to put Surf on Pikachu, what's wrong with using G/S to put Haze on Omanyte?

Trading to evolve Kadabra, well, you're using an RBY cart, right?

Stadium, well, it's simply an addition to RBY, isn't it?

So, should Nintendo ever release a game enhancer, you'll be perfectly fine taking on my L255 Electrode packing 999 in every stat, being Water/Dragon and having Amnesia, Spore, Substitute and Dragon's Breath?

L100+ Pokemon can be caught in RBY. Any ideas as to why they're not allowed in tournaments? I mean, they're straight from Pokemon RBY, and I didn't use anything else on them, so they must be legit, right?

It's called cheating, White Cat.

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?

@iM: CatGonk

tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(
--[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

[This message has been edited by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (edited 06-26-2000).]

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Johnny Eagle
Farting Nudist
Member # 169

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2000 08:53 AM      Profile for Johnny Eagle   Email Johnny Eagle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk:

If we go by that definition, then would moves gained through Stadium (Surf on Pikachu/Raichu, Amnesia on Psyduck/Golduck) fall under it?

------------------
Life's a game:it's meant to be played.

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 06:30 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stadium, well, it's simply an addition to RBY, isn't it?

Yeah, just like Gold and Silver are.

So, should Nintendo ever release a game enhancer, you'll be perfectly fine taking on my L255 Electrode packing 999 in every stat, being Water/Dragon and having Amnesia, Spore, Substitute and Dragon's Breath?

If Nintendo also said this was legal, then it would be. Like I said, it boils down to whether Nintendo allows G/S breedable moves in R/B/Y in their tournaments or not.

L100+ Pokemon can be caught in RBY. Any ideas as to why they're not allowed in tournaments? I mean, they're straight from Pokemon RBY, and I didn't use anything else on them, so they must be legit, right?

No, because they're bugs in the game. Breeding is intentional and players are expected to take advantage of it.

magmar5
Farting Nudist
Member # 592

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 08:14 AM      Profile for magmar5   Author's Homepage   Email magmar5   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't think it is wrong. I allways wanted an Omastar with ROCKSLIDE

------------------
-magmar5

ThePokemasters- magmar5

Hitmonrich
unregistered

posted 06-28-2000 03:39 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well Rock Slide would be much better on Kabutops. Omastar's attack is awful. Kabutops' attack is excellent and he can learn Sword's Dance.

------------------
Salamander?

IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2000 04:57 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, and just think about it, Cat-Gonk... you could have your Goddish with Razor Leaf. Mmmmm.
Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2000 12:20 AM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I Doubt Cat Gonk would dump his original oddish for a razor leafing one......but he would possibly make it breed.

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Ditto! use your special of 2 to launch an overpowering psychic blast!"
-cfalcon

If you think variety is "sad", then you can just bite my shiny metal ass.
-Mr. K

-Argo

From: new york,NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.