next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Thunder

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thunder
Zeodude
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 451

Rate Member
posted 06-27-2000 05:54 PM      Profile for Zeodude   Author's Homepage   Email Zeodude   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just thinkin' why are the electric move related to thunder. Thunder is not the electricity, its just the noise the lightning makes. It would be more apropiate to have the moves be lightning, and lightning shock. I hate ilogical things

------------------
----------
Zeodude

Millennium Bug
Farting Nudist
Member # 44

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 10:18 PM      Profile for Millennium Bug   Email Millennium Bug   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I've thought of it too...Lighting is more appropiate.

------------------
Previously known as LionHeart, whatever.

Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 11:36 PM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute...I just read this.

------------------
"California is the Japan of America." -Jim Webber (aka VaporeonsHaze) on how there are a high number of respected trainers residing in California

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 11:42 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, thunder and lightning can be used interchangebly. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Don't you think those electric attacks generated thunder-like noise? I mean, c'mon it was an expression. The only expression I think is totally stupid is when people say "literally" and they don't mean it.

Example: "We literally were looking for a needle in a haystack" - refering to looking for a criminal in a large city

Now THAT was just stupid, they weren't looking in a haystack for a needle at all, they were looking for a criminal. They SHOULD have just said the expression without the literally added to it. They ONLY could have said literally if they REALLY WERE looking for that needle. Well, sorry to rant, but literally should NEVER become an expression, it is used to negate an expression.

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

magmar5
Farting Nudist
Member # 592

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 08:48 AM      Profile for magmar5   Author's Homepage   Email magmar5   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe the loud sound does damage and paralyzes with fear! LOL LOL LOL

------------------
-magmar5

ThePokemasters- magmar5

Scorch
Farting Nudist
Member # 532

Rate Member
posted 06-28-2000 09:22 AM      Profile for Scorch   Author's Homepage   Email Scorch   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Few people know of the secret status ailment that Thunder has a 2% chance of inflicting... "deafness"

------------------
-Scorch

ODDISH used DIVINE INTERVENTION!
JIGGLYPUFF vanished from existence!

From: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
branners
Farting Nudist
Member # 101

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 12:02 PM      Profile for branners   Author's Homepage   Email branners   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Besides, it doesn't really matter if it is illogical.

This is a game that includes teddy bears burping bubbles onto a cute yellow mouse after all.

------------------
-branners, AKA Tominater

AIM: TEbranners

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2000 02:27 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey squirtle's a turtle! Unless you're talking about something else...

------------------
Who said snorlax is fat?

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2000 04:11 PM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But the point is made... This game doesn't really follow much logic. I have no idea how some karate master would be able to break something made of pure Steel, or why getting hit with a beak might hurt someone more than getting hit with a fist.

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
psycho monkey
unregistered

posted 07-07-2000 04:41 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*discourages Netbrain*

...dont ask...

------------------
And then it came to me, I can dip my butt in shrimp sauce and slam it on a canvas!

PBS:Sirocco, challenge me sometime, AIM: Psychodic monkey

IP: Logged
pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2000 05:10 PM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fanha:
[BThunder has been used instead of Lightning in every RPG ever made
[/B]

What about Lit (LIT)?

------------------
"Ten times ten is a thousand!!"
-Jamie, my roommate, while playing Monopoly

From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2000 05:13 PM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Final Fantasy 3usa/6jap uses Bolt, Bolt 2, and Bolt 3, not Thunder OR Lightning.

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 11:27 PM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As does CT... Usually, spell names are mostly for the feel of it... I think that Thunder DOES sound better than Lighting. Then again, I remember the Japanese ones being like Bolta or something...

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.