The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » NEW EMULATOR: PLAY POKEMON OVER INTERNET

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW EMULATOR: PLAY POKEMON OVER INTERNET
Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 04:49 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Everyone, I just learned of a new emulator named Prototype-D. Actually I don't know how new it is. It is made by someone in Japan, there is no sound yet, but it plays link battles over the internet!!! This should be much better than PBS! I just downloaded it, and will test it out later today or tomorrow. I've already tested the non-network features of it out.

Could it be that Japanese pokemon players have been using this emulator for a while now?! Noooo, then we are behind in our training!! =D

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 04:58 PM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TELL US WHERE U DOWNLOADED IT FROM!!!
PBS battles take too long and the text gets infuriating after a while.

------------------
Mewtwo used Blizzard
It's frozen rock solid!
Being unable to move hurts

From: Kent, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
branners
Farting Nudist
Member # 101

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 06:07 PM      Profile for branners   Author's Homepage   Email branners   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is extremely cool.

------------------
E mail: branners@madscientist.co.uk
AIM: Tominater2k

'They say if we keep polluting this beautiful planet, in ten years Britain will have the climate of Ibiza. Lets make it happen.'

Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 06:46 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Woah"

-Neo,The Matrix.

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Falcon..PUNCH!"
-cfalcon

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

-Argo,professional Mewtwo killer..

From: new york,NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 08:38 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tra la la...i tried it with g/s,and it wont work...it SHOULD work...why doesnt it?

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Falcon..PUNCH!"
-cfalcon

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

-Argo,professional Mewtwo killer..

From: new york,NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 09:32 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I won't be able to test the internet features till tomorrow. I did manage to partially linkup with someone. It takes super long to link up, but I think after it is linked it gets better. I am not sure though. I'll let you know tomorrow hopefully.

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
*Giovanni*
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 454

Rate Member
posted 05-31-2000 04:15 AM      Profile for *Giovanni*     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HOW DO YOU FAST FOWARD

------------------
Pokemon

*Giovanni*
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 454

Rate Member
posted 05-31-2000 04:33 AM      Profile for *Giovanni*     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HOW DO YOU TRADE

------------------
Pokemon

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2000 07:09 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Find the .SAV file created by the emu you would otherwise use, and copy it to the folder where the ROM you're using in Proto-D is, if it isn't there already. (Make sure that the SAV file name matches the ROM name, and remember that the SAV files only get written when you use the internal game save and then exit the emulator.)
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-05-2000 12:22 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NO$GMB dosen't create save files correctly.

Works fine for me. What version do you have? Are you remembering that it saves them in the /nocash/battery folder?

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 06-05-2000 04:02 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rename the .sav file to rom's name.sav and then move it from the to the same folder as the rom to work it... tehn you'kll be fine. ';'

However, the things so ******* slow... ugh... "Wel"
------------------
ALL HAIL THE PIG MONKEY!
Inventor of The Magician Bro, Co-Inventor of The Argoape Type 0 and Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)
AIM: Magician Type 0 | Come see my Work at GameFAQs | PBS Logs
- "All flying moves! Aw, cool!" --My friend, looking at a Pidgeot
- "He's going out with the cutest Eevee" -Me, on my Magician Bro

[This message has been edited by Magician Type 0 (edited 06-05-2000).]

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 06-05-2000 07:59 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll wait until it gets speedier.
What programing language are you using?

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-09-2000 07:28 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It works fine for me in all the Pokemon games, but I'm using only using version 2.3a of NoCash (2.4 is the latest, and quite possibly the last). Perhaps the .SAV-making function got broken in the last update? See if you can find an older version and try that.
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-14-2000 11:13 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm using the DOS one.
Q-Bone
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 602

Rate Member
posted 08-06-2000 06:29 PM      Profile for Q-Bone   Email Q-Bone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I doan mean to revive dead post but, That link is dead. I NEED THAT LINK.

------------------
There are 2 ways to handle women, and I know neither.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.