The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Slot Machines....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slot Machines....
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2000 09:28 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Can everyone win money at these damn things but me? I sat there for hours trying to get them as if I was playing Mario 2, and I kept saving and stuff. I turned a profit, but it seemed to take *FOREVER*.

I am not an impatient gamer. I have several L100s, and I was happy when blue maxxed out because it couldn't look any worse than that.

Is there some trick to it? I've heard different things, but all I get is really really tired.

------------------
-cfalcon

"Thanks for deleting the post, cfalcon!"
-UBB Automessage

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2000 10:02 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had a little system going...I can't remember the exact numbers, but I'd play for a certain number of minutes, and if I was gaining ground, I'd consider the machine hot and keep playing.

If I'd lost a certain amount, I'd restart.

It was totally unscientific, but it worked.

The other element is you need to be doing something else. So I'd do it during my Saturday morning cartoons or listening to Howard Stern. In fact, I beat probably 80% of Blue listening to Stern.

It was just a little too dull to occupy 100% of my attention...

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2000 06:13 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I just get a lot of money and talk to the coin giver over and over. It can be a lengthy process, but Stadium's Dodrio mode makes it a lot easier.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2000 08:13 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, sharking it would be pretty elementary

Buying lots 'O coins it what I've been doing. I was just wondering if there was a better way, or at least a more fun one.

------------------
-cfalcon

"Thanks for deleting the post, cfalcon!"
-UBB Automessage

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2000 10:11 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The slot machine above the lady who says:
"Some of these have better odds"
That one is always good.
Also the slot above the advice guy.

Those two usually hit long strings of 15 coins. I usually netted 500 coins per win streak.

I used to hook my game up to my SuperGameBoy, leave the turbo set to Auto, and watch TV for a few hours.

------------------
AIM: MewtwoSama
It's cold, glowing eyes strike fear into it's enemies.

Wollt ihr das bett in flamen sehen?

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2000 02:10 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just buy it all; you can get 9999 w/ 200,000 money.

------------------
There is nothing like the fragrance...of a Koffing.

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2000 03:56 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MewtwoSama:
The slot machine above the lady who says:
"Some of these have better odds"
That one is always good.
Also the slot above the advice guy.

Those two usually hit long strings of 15 coins. I usually netted 500 coins per win streak.

I used to hook my game up to my SuperGameBoy, leave the turbo set to Auto, and watch TV for a few hours.

The UK Official Nintendo guide suggests this, so it must be true(j/k)
I trust MewtwoSama more than I would ever trust Nintendo, because they don't know jack about their own game.

------------------
[A Shellder clamps onto Psyduck's tail]
ASH: It's gonna be a Psybro!
MISTY: I never heard of a Psybro.
BROCK: That's because there's no such thing.
If only he realised how wrong he was...

[This message has been edited by Psybro (edited 05-21-2000).]

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.