The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Slowking, or whatever his US name is

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slowking, or whatever his US name is
Slo Migs
Farting Nudist
Member # 110

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2000 01:09 AM      Profile for Slo Migs   Author's Homepage   Email Slo Migs   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know next to nothing about G/S so excuse my ignorance for the time being. Anyways, I'm particularly interested in this new Slowpoke evolution. Is he an alternate evolution to Slowbro (I think someone mentioned an alternate evolution for Poliwhirl, so they do exist) or is he the next in line after Slowbro? Bro seems tough enough to me, so it's kinda hard to think of making him any better. Unless of course they wanna make him an overpowered cheapass.

So what's the scoop on this guy? I hope he doesn't turn out better than Bro. To tell ya the truth, he looks too goofy. Even for me, a person that likes to use Weezing.

------------------
"It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's just fun"

From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2000 04:31 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Slowking (I believe that's his confirmed English name, but don't take that as gospel) is an alternate evolution (a la Nyorotono from Poliwhirl or Kireihana from Gloom). Equip a Slowpoke with the King's Crest and trade him between two metallic games to get him. I'm not sure, but I think he's basically the same as Slowbro.

------------------

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2000 09:17 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The new Poli evolution is an alternate for Poliwrath, not Poliwhirl.

------------------
There is nothing like the fragrance...of a Koffing.

Slo Migs
Farting Nudist
Member # 110

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2000 09:42 PM      Profile for Slo Migs   Author's Homepage   Email Slo Migs   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rolken:
The new Poli evolution is an alternate for Poliwrath, not Poliwhirl.

You mean the new one evolves from Poliwrath? I thought that you took a Poliwhirl and instead of giving it a water stone, you did something else to it and it turned into the new one? If that's the case, then it IS a new Poliwhirl evolution. If not, then I stand corrected.

------------------
"It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's just fun"

From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2000 04:23 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I believe you use the same item that evolved Slowpoke in Yadoking (King's Crest), equipt it on Poliwhirl and trade it between two metallic games to evolve it into Nyorotono. I'm not sure if the King's Crest is a one time only item though (if it is, then you'll have to trade for the Pokemon that didn't evolve with the King's Crest). Fanha's right. There is no fourth stage evolution (at least not yet) and so far, anything that evolves using a stone cannot evolve further.

------------------

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2000 11:51 AM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He learns some special move that Bro can't.

------------------
Inventor of The Magician Bro and Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)
AIM: Magician Type 0
ICQ Nick: Mga Tp 0
Number: 45597626
Email: webmaster@casog.zzn.com
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/4615.html
PBS Logs

I'm not insane. I just hear voices. And the aliens are stealing my thoughts.

"He's going out with the cutest Eevee" -Me, on my Magician Bro

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.