The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » About Toby-Bro...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About Toby-Bro...
Scyther7164
Farting Nudist
Member # 382

Rate Member
posted 05-09-2000 05:41 PM      Profile for Scyther7164     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why does the Toby-Bro moveset have Thunder Wave instead of Psychic? .

------------------
"No parties, no shindigs, no hootenannies, no box socials." -Marge Simpson

Visit The Simpsons.com.

GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2000 05:49 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it was originally designed as an M2 killer, and Toby's really slow, T-wave is to give it the speed advantage.
Koetsu
Farting Nudist
Member # 387

Rate Member
posted 05-09-2000 06:17 PM      Profile for Koetsu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
::nods head::

------------------
"Brush off vanity and show reality! Ultima!"

IM me at aeon69543

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2000 07:11 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...let's count the number of obvious questions that Scyther7164 has asked.

-This one...
-Drill Peck or Sky Attack??
-Are there really personal maxes??
-Which of these 5 water Pokemon are the best (when Toby-Bro was included in the 5)??
-How do you hack your Pokemon's stats on GameShark??

Uhh, Scyther? That's 5. Make sure the answer to a question that you ask isn't already explained in a million other places before you ask it here. Geez.

------------------
Being frozen solid is going to make this a one-sided fight.

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2000 08:39 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lol, sibling rivalry, lol.

------------------
Smile, it will be the last time you do once you fight me -TeeJay

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 05:24 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I asked essentially the same question as Scyther just a couple days ago.

All you guys are wrong. Mr K said that Thunder Wave is there, in the hopes that Mewtwo will be Fully Paralyzed for a 2 or 3 turns in a row, so that Slowbro can kill him outright with Amnesia'ed Surf. This makes the
most sense to me.

I did some calculating, and figure that if both pokemon use full PP Ups, Slowbro has around a 45% chance to kill a Double-Team-less Mewtwo outright. However he will definitely lose the PP wars to Mewtwo because of his Thunder Wave if he can't kill Mewtwo outright. Mewtwo also has a small chance, maybe 10%, to kill Slowbro outright with lucky consecutive Critical Hit Psychics.

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 06:11 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It should be Blizzard...

------------------
"Dance, Dance, Dance" --Casey "Magician Type 0" Morris (me), inventor of The Magician Bro

AIM: Magician Type 0
ICQ Nick: Mĺgěçěań T˙pé 0®
Number: 45597626
Email: webmaster@casog.zzn.com
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/4615.html

I'm not insane. I just hear voices. And the aliens are stealing my thoughts.

"He's going out with the cutest Eevee" -Me, on my Magician Bro

- Casey Morris- Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)
あまいかおり It's Japenese... it means something

VaporeonsHaze
Farting Nudist
Member # 252

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 06:31 PM      Profile for VaporeonsHaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
some people just dont get it. ok mr magic, take 95, the attack power of surf, add the 50% bonus, making it aprox. 142. STRONGER than blizzard and more accurate.

------------------
Out from the Haze comes Vaporeon!

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 07:28 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The bonus is only a puny 25%. You forgot that Slowbro is Water/PSYCHIC.

------------------

VaporeonsHaze
Farting Nudist
Member # 252

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 07:38 PM      Profile for VaporeonsHaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
doh, but i thought that it was 50% all the time. i read that some where but thought it was wrong, still surf with 25% bonus is like 118 and 99.6% accurate or whatever.

------------------
Out from the Haze comes Vaporeon!

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 08:00 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TeeJay:

That's not how type bonuses work. He gets the full 50%. Just like Dodrio gets the full 50% for both Drill Peck and Hyper Beam, to use (I think) the example on the Teaching page...

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 09:08 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DOLT!

------------------

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 09:11 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Really? I faintly remember once that someone said Normal attacks get no bonuses. Oh well.

------------------
I think I'm going crazy.

No-BS PiccoloNamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 151

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 09:43 PM      Profile for No-BS PiccoloNamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TeeJay:

Ahh, ya stupid idiot.

It's been tested and proven that it's 50%, so put down your versus and primia guides and listen to the people who know what their talking about, you lamer.

------------------
Vote Libertarian.
Vote for our freedom.

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 10:35 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't you be callin me a lamer. I know this site is right. Just I get things confused from my guide days, so lay off me dang it.

------------------

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2000 11:25 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hehe...TeeJay got dissed...
Hehe...

------------------
Being frozen solid is going to make this a one-sided fight.

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2000 05:28 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

This post has gotten somewhat bitter...

The variable bonuses are wrong. They are strongly emphasized in the Versus guide, however, and I bought into them (as I hadn't done any testing) until I found this site.

There is no way it should be Blizzard. Not now, not ever. Blizzard is for a different Slowbro for a different task. It hits less often, has less PPs, and is less powerful on Slowbro than Surf. The only thing it has going for it is an almost 10% chance of a freeze, and that won't work if Mewtwo has a sub up.

------------------
-cfalcon

"What's important... Is to love each card..."
-Ronald, lamenting his loss in Ishihara's house, Pokémon Trading Card Game

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scyther7164
Farting Nudist
Member # 382

Rate Member
posted 05-21-2000 06:42 PM      Profile for Scyther7164     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi.

------------------
"No parties, no shindigs, no hootenannies, no box socials." -Marge Simpson

Visit The Simpsons.com.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.