The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Baha! And they said he sucked....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baha! And they said he sucked....
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 05-05-2000 06:56 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I challenged my freind to a battle, with 20 cents riding on my skill

He starts out with Raichu. T-Wave, Thunder misses, Flash, Thunder, Recover, Thunder, you get the idea. He wan't switching so I gave in and toss to death. Next comes Sandlash... and I was killed. Sent out Magician Bro (Hail to the cheif playing), Amnesia Up while he was trying to use Fissure. Then I got his HP about halfway gone with Surf. He decided to randomly pick an attack, and used rest. Goodbye Slash! I Blizzarded him. Then Magician Bro went through and picked them off, one by one.

Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!

------------------
"Dance, Dance, Dance" --Casey "Magician Type 0" Morris (me), inventor of The Magician Bro

AIM: Magician Type 0
ICQ Nick: Mga Tp 0
Number: 45597626
Email: webmaster@casog.zzn.com
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/4615.html

I'm not insane. I just hear voices. And the aliens are stealing my thoughts.

- Casey Morris- Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)

Slo Migs
Farting Nudist
Member # 110

Member Rated:
posted 05-05-2000 07:44 PM      Profile for Slo Migs   Author's Homepage   Email Slo Migs   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Woohoo...congrats. You beat one guy who knew less about Pokemon than even you do. Yes, I think that the Magician Bro deserves to be in the Pokemon Hall of Fame now. Yeah it kicks Toby Bro's ass. Uh huh

Oh and another thing. A fully amnesia'd surf from a Slowbro only got a Sandslash to half life? Something smells fishy here. That shoulda killed him outright. Also, tell your friend that Raichu can't learn Recover. If he's gonna shark, tell him to Shark right and get an Electrode with Spore. Otherwise, play fair like the rest of us.

------------------
"It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's just fun"

From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 05-05-2000 07:47 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Slo Migs:
Woohoo...congrats. You beat one guy who knew less about Pokemon than even you do. Yes, I think that the Magician Bro deserves to be in the Pokemon Hall of Fame now. Yeah it kicks Toby Bro's ass. Uh huh

Oh and another thing. A fully amnesia'd surf from a Slowbro only got a Sandslash to half life? Something smells fishy here. That shoulda killed him outright. Also, tell your friend that Raichu can't learn Recover. If he's gonna shark, tell him to Shark right and get an Electrode with Spore. Otherwise, play fair like the rest of us.

Gee, thanks for all the encouragment. He dosen't have a gameshark, or even a Gameboy conpatible with it. And I said REST, not RECOVER. They're two different moves.

------------------
"Dance, Dance, Dance" --Casey "Magician Type 0" Morris (me), inventor of The Magician Bro

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 05-05-2000 07:49 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh and bye the way, I like to make up MY OWN movesets... It's lot more fun than using someone else's that they posted here.

------------------

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 05-05-2000 08:05 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Post 1-He starts out with Raichu. T-Wave, Thunder misses, Flash, Thunder, Recover
Post 2-And I said REST, not RECOVER.

I'm not even gonna comment on this. Maybe you typed Recover in stead of rest??? Oops thats a comment. If you love making your own movessets, why the hell do you get so pissed off when people insult them. So WHAT!!!!! Its just a game. If you don't want to get insulted, then don't post it and expect everyone to be nice.

------------------
"Better switch seats with Christina Aguilerra, Sos I can sit next to Carson Daly and Fred Durst, and hear em argue bout who she gave head to first"

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 05-05-2000 08:35 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wizzymoto:
Post 1-He starts out with Raichu. T-Wave, Thunder misses, Flash, Thunder, Recover
Post 2-And I said REST, not RECOVER.

I'm not even gonna comment on this. Maybe you typed Recover in stead of rest??? Oops thats a comment. If you love making your own movessets, why the hell do you get so pissed off when people insult them. So WHAT!!!!! Its just a game. If you don't want to get insulted, then don't post it and expect everyone to be nice.

Oh, that was Kazam using recover... I just wanted top skip past the boring part. Sorry for the confusion. I get annoyed when people make stupid comments about my movesets, but I do build from advice.

------------------

"He's going out with the cutest Eevee" -Me, on mm Magician Bro

Snorlax143
Farting Nudist
Member # 263

Member Rated:
posted 05-05-2000 09:11 PM      Profile for Snorlax143   Author's Homepage   Email Snorlax143   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You got very lucky in that fight too. If the sandslash was using fissure on the slowbro, it would've been able to attack at least four times with a 30% accurate move and it should've hit you.

------------------

From: Oregon, Ohio, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Slo Migs
Farting Nudist
Member # 110

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2000 08:36 AM      Profile for Slo Migs   Author's Homepage   Email Slo Migs   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I get annoyed when people make stupid comments about my movesets, but I do build from advice.

Oh now I make stupid comments? Help me change my ways oh great Magician. Please point out something stupid that I said about your moveset and I'll try to change my ways.

Besides, you didn't even mention a moveset in any of the posts on this thread. Are we supposed to memorize your great, all original movesets or are we supposed to go to one of your hundred other threads to cross reference?

Anyways, about original movesets. I'm all for em. More power to you if you wanna be different from the pack. Problem is that you try so hard to be original that you forget about efficiency in your movesets. Like this is probably what you thought when you invented the almighty "Magician Bro". "Oh no, Toby Bro has Rest so I can't put it on him". You forgot that Rest is probably the second most important part of a good Slowbro moveset. Surf is debatable, depending on your needs and Thunder Wave....well that's debatable too. But Amnesia and Rest go together like Bacon and Eggs. You can't simply assume that you will take no damage during the turns that you take to power up. I have a Toby Bro myself and there were a ton of battles when I almost died powering up. The only thing that saved me from sure defeat was Rest. So I doubt that I made my point, because you're so damn hard headed but your movesets get criticized because you try too hard to be different, thus making your movesets ineffective.

You're kinda like those hippie chicks that refuse to shave. Sure they're different, but they won't be getting many dates anytime soon with hairy legs and pits.

One final thing. Why did you bother going on the internet to look at other people's movesets? You shoulda just sat and thought of them yourself if you wanted full credit for "inventing" them. Cause basically all you've done is looked at other people's ideas and modified them (i.e. how your utility Alakazam is just another version of the utility Electrode). So it's not really all that original. Sorry, but originality is a hard thing to have in a game like this where certain pokemon and certain movesets are superior. That is if you wanna avoid being criticized. Where do you live? If it's in California than gimme a visit. I'll show you what "unoriginal" movesets can do.

------------------

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2000 02:51 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When did I say that YOU made stupid comments? I didn't. Jesus, you say one thing and everyone misinterprets it.

------------------

"He's going out with the cutest Eevee" -Me, on my Magician Bro

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2000 02:53 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fine. Rest/Surf/Blizzard/Amnesia

------------------

Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2000 05:14 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magician Type 0:
Fine. Rest/Surf/Blizzard/Amnesia

you're still being un-efficient by wasting a moveslot to kill ONE pokemon.

Fire....get rid of surf....and blizzard is just yuck on slowbro...get ice beam.

On the other attacking slot...psychic.Or double team if you like...make him a pp waster...i dunno...

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"Falcon..PUNCH!"
-cfalcon

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

-Argo,professional Mewtwo killer..

From: new york,NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2000 06:00 PM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magician Type 0:
Baha! And they said he sucked....

And they were right!

------------------
"I must go to the store to buy butter and cheese." -Zorak

-Your grey plumed friend.

ScytherAdo
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 305

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2000 06:08 PM      Profile for ScytherAdo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MT0 I think if you are going to be an artist of pokmon movesets then you need to be like all great artists before all of us:

LEARN TO TAKE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM(SP?).

Come on all of these 'stupid comments' that you talk about people making are just trying to help you so you need to understand that.

------------------

From: Virginia Beach, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Psyanyde
Farting Nudist
Member # 325

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2000 10:15 PM      Profile for Psyanyde   Author's Homepage   Email Psyanyde   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ack! ScytherAdo took the words out of my mouth! Wash your hands once in a while, Scyth! (j/k)

i like original movesets, too, dun get me wrong, but ya gotta have something that WORKS. Look for original pokmon that have original moves, and that AREN'T already someone's (NeoSyrex's Parasect, Toby's TobyBro, MewtwoSama's Benedict, the list goes on....). You want something to come up with? Look at a 'net pokdex and pick something at random. Works like a charm....

And I'll be the first to admit it, Slo Migs was a little blunt (yet I won't deny the laughter bellowing through the house...), but you gotta change your ways. He said what needed to be said.

And you wanna see some original pokmon? Take a look-see at my sig. I came up with (most) all of those myself. Heh, I use Porygon...

------------------
~Psyanyde, leading cause of death of ignorant newbies worldwide.

The Team v. 1.5:
~Electrode~ Mr.T, fool
Screech, Explosion, T-Bolt, T-Wave
~Porygon~ SourceCode
Recover, Substitude, Sharpen, Double-Edge
~Poliwrath~ PoppinFrsh
Submission, Hypnosis, Amnesia, Hydro Pump
~Gengar~ !v)-(o;l
Seismic Toss, D-Team, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray
~Mew~ ([Hermes])
Transform, Toxic, Softboiled, Blizzard
~Jynx~ dRaG kWeEn
Lovely Kiss, Blizzard, Psychic, Reflect
Go ahead. Rate it. It's OKAY to be off-topic!

From: http://california.north.com/ small.html | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2000 11:11 PM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You guys are being way to nice. The Magician Bro just plain and out sucks. I mean, come on. The thing can't shake a monkey at Toby or Caos. Screw that, the thing can't even compare to a decrepit Koiking. You defeated a Sandslash with a Water typed Pokemon. Ooo, la-dee-da. You must be king of the world. How you even managed to beat that guy is a total mystery to me. He must have sucked. Bad. Worse than you. And that's pretty hard to imagine. I can see it now. His Slowbro is called the Suckybro, and it has Amnesia, Surf, Blizzard, and Rest. Hmmm, why does that terrible moveset seem familiar....

------------------
"What's that blue thing doing here?" -They Might Be Giants

Visit Reality's End, my web site of Phantasy, the Nidafells' Dragon, Poliwhirl, and the R.E. League, the only Pokemon Battles without Boards.

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2000 12:20 AM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Excuse me, I never said anyone HERE said anything stupid... oh never mind that comment.

------------------

あまいかおり It's Japenese... it means something

Slo Migs
Farting Nudist
Member # 110

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2000 01:13 AM      Profile for Slo Migs   Author's Homepage   Email Slo Migs   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh, I had to be blunt. Subtlety and being nice doesn't work with Melvin the Magnificent over here.

------------------

Charmeleon411
Farting Nudist
Member # 99

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2000 09:24 AM      Profile for Charmeleon411     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I said this at gamefaqs and I'll say it here. The magician bro isn't famous, IT SUCKS!

------------------
"I gave you all a plate of corn muffins to rate my team..."
-Charmeleon411-

undone-backwards
Farting Nudist
Member # 197

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2000 10:25 AM      Profile for undone-backwards   Email undone-backwards   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
not meaning to burst your bubble but why would you want a majician bro when you could have a tobybro....and majician doesn't even roll off the tongue that well...the majician bro, the majician sect...It just don't work.

------------------
Everything created-created everything

From: under your bed... | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2000 04:58 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's spelled with a G. It's not that hard to get right... Oh ya... The only difference is Bluizzard over twave and I alreayd have three twavers

------------------

あまいかおり It's Japenese... it means something

Double-Edge
Farting Nudist
Member # 371

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2000 10:42 PM      Profile for Double-Edge   Email Double-Edge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As someone on GameFAQs pointed out, your "magician bro" originally didn't even have rest, and you only took out psychic because everybody here told you to replace it with rest. If you're so good at creating movesets, why are you taking other people's advice and still claiming that it's your own moveset?

Also, if you have too many T-wavers already, just use Double Team. It works wonders.

------------------

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2000 01:16 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, lotta flaming going on here. Reminds me of me and my friends. But seriously Magician, what did you actually see in that moveset? I mean, I use the standard Toby-Bro moveset and it kills! If you're gonna mess with something, don't make it Toby-Bro.

------------------
Being frozen solid is going to make this a one-sided fight.

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Slo Migs
Farting Nudist
Member # 110

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2000 04:59 AM      Profile for Slo Migs   Author's Homepage   Email Slo Migs   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What bugs people isn't really the fact that Magician Bro sux. It's the fact that you're campaigning to make him as popular as Toby Bro, when we all know that he never will be. Face it. Toby Bro is THE famous Slowbro moveset. Well actually...maybe you have made Magician Bro famous. He's probably the most mocked Slowbro out there.

Oh and MT0, if you're gonna be anal about spelling, then Blizzard is spelled without a "u" and the "d" comes before the "y" in "already". Heh.

------------------

Enter Your Name Here
Farting Nudist
Member # 57

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2000 10:49 AM      Profile for Enter Your Name Here   Email Enter Your Name Here   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Slo Migs:
Well actually...maybe you have made Magician Bro famous. He's probably the most mocked Slowbro out there.

Even more so than the one with Confusion, Headbutt, Water Gun, and Psychic that newbies use?

Anyways, when the Toby-Bro was created by Toby Martin, you know what he originally called it? No, not the TobyBro, or the SlowMartin, or anything like that. He originally called it the Humiliator (I think, something like that). But, it rocked so much, people began to call it the Toby Bro.

Now, Magician is calling his pokemon with ONE MOVE DIFFERENCE from other famous pokemon (such as "The Humiliator") Magician-X. Now, Magician, realize that you don't put your name in a set to make it famous. People will put your name in a moveset IF it is famous. Hell, by magician's logic, I could have the "EnterTrode", the "EnterDash", the "EnterDos", the "EnterTon" (even though I DID pretty much create the SS/DT/TW/TB Magneton, I don't use it any more =P), the "VaporEnter", and the "VaporTw--wait, I stole that moveset from Dread. ^^;

Anyway, Magician, if you didn't get the point of all that, you must be really dense. (And if he doesn't, no one tell him.)

------------------
--EYNH
"Mars is bright tonight."
Co-founder of BBB
The Official AGNP Pope
All of the above was stated IMHO.

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2000 07:36 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uhh...I won't say anything...alright, I will.

Well, maybe not.

------------------
There is nothing like the fragrance...of a Koffing.

pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2000 03:35 AM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You guys are being truly mean. MT0 is honestly looking for constructive criticism, and it seems like you guys just like to say how much he and his Pokmon suck. And even when you do tell him ways to improve, you are very demeaning.

If MT0 had said, "I like to use Magician Bro because he is one of my favorite Pokmon," you would have at least given him the same respect that you would Mr. K, right?

It is obvious that MT0 really likes his Slowbro and is very proud of it. And it doesn't matter how alike or different the moveset is to TobyBro. To MT0, it is *his* Magician Bro, with the moves that *he* decided were best for it (even after taking advice from some of the biggest jerks I've ever seen on a BB).

Most people who flame are idiots. What is different about you guys is that I know you're somewhat intelligent. The fact that some smart people can't be tolerant, patient, or open-minded, even to the smallest extent, totally lessens my opinion of you.

As for you, MT0, continue to be the dedicated trainer that you always have been. It's alright to not be that good at the game. I'm not very good at the game, either. So I don't play much or post much, but I like to glean as much information as I can from this forum. Keep playing against other trainers of whatever level, keep developing WHATEVER MOVESETS MAKE YOU HAPPY, and keep posting messages and reading the responses (but don't defend yourself to idiots, you're just asking for more shit). Just one more thing -- shorten your sig.

------------------
"Holy Crap! I lose net access for an entire day, and when I come back, I'm a Lord and Master! Woo Hoo!"
-AznExplosN

From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Charmeleon411
Farting Nudist
Member # 99

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2000 08:12 PM      Profile for Charmeleon411     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well PKthunder, magician didn't invent that. I've seen it way before now on UPN and RPGamer. And people helped him, yet on gfaqs he claimed it was his idea for the changes!

------------------
-Charmeleon411-

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2000 10:37 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see how calling us idiots for criticizing him "the wrong way" is any better than flaming him.

------------------
Being frozen solid is going to make this a one-sided fight.

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 05-18-2000 11:58 AM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was trying to show you guys what you look like from the outside. You look like idiots to someone who goes through and reads all these monotonous posts about how much MT0 sucks.

Let it drop already. Someone said once that they don't care enough about MT0 to hate him. So why don't you just ignore him?

------------------
Will this ice ever melt?

From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Slo Migs
Farting Nudist
Member # 110

Member Rated:
posted 05-18-2000 10:52 PM      Profile for Slo Migs   Author's Homepage   Email Slo Migs   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pkthunder:
I was trying to show you guys what you look like from the outside. You look like idiots to someone who goes through and reads all these monotonous posts about how much MT0 sucks.

I actually thought that a lot of the MT0 bashing posts were kinda witty, not monotonous. Hehe. But yeah, I've tried to stop. Why is it that everything fun in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening? In this case...well I wouldn't go so far as to call MT0 bashing immoral, but mean, nonetheless.

quote:
Originally posted by pkthunder:

Someone said once that they don't care enough about MT0 to hate him. So why don't you just ignore him?

Cool. I got quoted

------------------

Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2000 05:27 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, Magician Type 0, I played you on PBS yesterday for the first time! Your Slowbro killed my Parasect with Blizzard, I was really surprised! But then you stopped playing for some reason, howcome...you were winning I think hehe.

I just started playing PBS yesterday, so far I have 5 wins, 0 losses, and 4 ties. I counted my match with you as a tie cause you stopped playing ^_^; .....

PBS is pretty fun, it's good that you cannot see your opponent's pokemon and moves, there is a lot of surprise involved like when you killed my Parasect.

It's annoying that I can't pre-poison my pokemon in PBS though, it's what I want to do...oh well so far my default team is doing pretty well... If you're there again today we can have a rematch.

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Charmeleon411
Farting Nudist
Member # 99

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2000 06:37 PM      Profile for Charmeleon411     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, I do remember you (pkthunder) calling magician bro ugly, and not deserving of a hot young eevee, not that it matters, you have insulted magician bro to. *shrugs*

------------------
-Charmeleon411-

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.