The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Mr K. if you don't mind...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr K. if you don't mind...
Charger082
Farting Nudist
Member # 191

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2000 08:55 PM      Profile for Charger082   Email Charger082   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wonder what exactly is on your wiggytuff?

------------------
My Sandslash will destroy all in it's path

Beware psychic trainers your days are number when G/S comes out

From: livonia, Mi, U.S.A. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
No-BS PiccoloNamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 151

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2000 09:00 PM      Profile for No-BS PiccoloNamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is from an E-mail he sent me regarding wigglytuff.

Body Slam
Hyper Beam
(both of which I'd recommend)
Sing
(which I wouldn't recommened, but Wiggly would hate me forever if I took
away his beautiful voice)
and Rest
(which is useful in rare cases)

To be a legit player, he really needs Ice Beam or Blizzard or something
Special-based (preferably an Ice move with the chance to freeze), and
unless the victim is paralyzed or slept, he can't usually pull off
Rest. Seismic Toss might not be a bad option there.

But this move set has served me well and even tho I know it could be
better, I'll probably keep it. If I wanted to perfect him, I'd ditch
Sing...and maybe Rest, but maybe not.

Mr. K

------------------
Vote Libertarian.
Vote for our freedom.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2000 10:56 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah...what I said!

Wiggly's main problem is Pokemon with high Defense. Luckily, most of the guys you fight in tourneys are Special-based, and are expecting to fight Special-based Pokemon, which allows Wiggly to stick it out better than he probably ought to be able to.

Plus, he's Normal, which is a good thing to be. Very underrated.

Makes for a great lead Pokemon, since he's only weak to Fighting, and M2 pretty much assures that most people don't have a Fighter on their team.

Of course, I use Hitmonlee...but then again, I only win 25% of the time!

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hitmonrich
unregistered

posted 04-30-2000 05:19 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you think you could post your team some time, Mr.K? I know that you have Butterfree/Hitmonlee/Psyduck/Koffing/Wigglytuff, but who is your sixth Pokemon and what are their moves? It is the most original team I have ever seen!

------------------
Member Name: Hitmonrich
Member @: Azure Heights, The Pokémasters, UPNetwork
E-Mail Address: alpengeist77@yahoo.com
Pokémon Squad- v2.0
-Starmie- Light Screen/Thunderbolt/Blizzard/Recover
-Exeggutor- Double-Edge/Psychic/Sleep Powder/Mega Drain
-Chansey- Light Screen/Softboiled/Seismic Toss/Thunder Wave
-Dragonite- Surf/Body Slam/Thunderbolt/Blizzard
-Arcanine- Dig/Body Slam/Reflect/Flamethrower
-Mewtwo- Psychic/Amnesia/Substitute/Recover

IP: Logged
DarkTiamat
Farting Nudist
Member # 201

Rate Member
posted 05-02-2000 04:28 AM      Profile for DarkTiamat   Email DarkTiamat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he has a Magikarp...

------------------
Nothing can beat the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison...

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2000 05:38 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hitmonrich:
Do you think you could post your team some time, Mr.K? I know that you have Butterfree/Hitmonlee/Psyduck/Koffing/Wigglytuff, but who is your sixth Pokemon and what are their moves? It is the most original team I have ever seen!

Well, it's the most original because no one who wants to win all the time would use it!

But they are my favorites, so they'll be around for a while. I do have a L99 Magikarp, but even I won't use him in tourney play.

Here's my team, with the disclaimer that I don't like Double Team...so some of these sets are not optimal, especially Wiggly (who would hate me forever if I took away his singing voice) and Lee (who should know at least 2 ways to kick someone's head straight off):

Wigglytuff
Body Slam
Hyper Beam
Sing
Rest

Koffing
Sludge
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Explosion

(He's got terrible stats. Koffing v2.0 will replace Toxic with Haze.)

Psyduck
Surf
Blizzard
Dig
Confusion

He doesn't live long enough to power up, so I just try to be ready to get in 1-2 attacks against whatever is thrown at me.

Butterfree
Mega Drain
Psychic
Sleep Powder
Double Team

(OK, I'm covering Butterfree's ears here...) Butterfree sucks. He doesn't get an attack bonus for anything, Mega Drain and Psychic just ain't all that strong in the first place, and Sleep Powder's been castrated in Stadium. If I used him exclusively for Stadium play, I might consider switching to Stun Spore.

Double Team's only there because he can't learn anything else decent and he can sometimes take advantage of it in conjunction with Sleep Powder. But usually he just dies.

Hitmonlee
Hi Jump Kick
Rolling Kick
Seismic Toss
Counter

He's actually a pretty good Pokemon, except that M2 negates his existence. His Special sucks, but he can often kill something fast enough that it doesn't matter. He's one of my toughest guys in Stadium, but just about useless in tourney play where Psychics are everywhere.

His moment of glory was sweeping a tourney team of Golem, Hitmonchan, and Mewtwo (Wiggly helped him out with M2 by paralyzing him first).

Snorlax
Body Slam
Earthquake
Selfdestruct
Rest

I don't think there's much doubt that this is my best Pokemon, and the only one that has any business showing his face at a tourney. I like him and everything, but he's the New Guy on the team and I'm not sure I'm going to keep him.

There's no doubt that he's a great Pokemon, but he poots a lot and Butterfree has been complaining about the smell.

Anyway, Body Slam is a great move, Earthquake is perfect for Ghosts, Selfdestruct takes care of everything else. And all Snorlaxen should know how to Rest. A Snorlax without Rest is just silly.

On the other hand, without Amnesia (which I recently replaced with Selfdestruct with nothing but positive results), there's not as much chance of him sleeping peacefully.

Still, all attempts to use Amnesia properly have failed. I don't have a Special attack, so I don't get that benny, and considering M2 crit hits 25% of the time, Amnesia ain't all it's cracked up to be.

I think that's everyone, right?

Oh, well:

Magikarp
Tackle
Splash

There.

Like I said, I know how to play a lot better than I actually play, but I play for fun, not to win...

For example, here's how my guys fare against Mewtwo:

Lee: Instantly dead.
Koffing: Instantly dead.
Butterfree: Dead very soon. Even if M2 is knocked out, he can't do much.
Psyduck: Better than you'd expect, but not good.
Wiggly: Surprisingly good against poorly trained M2s. He's actually my main M2 killer.
Snorlax: An actual legit M2 killer. Who knows how he snuck on my team!

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.