The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Poison can't be poisoned, but can ice be frozen? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Poison can't be poisoned, but can ice be frozen?
Hitmonrich
unregistered

posted 04-23-2000 02:42 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wondering, can Ice types be Frozen? What about Fire types being burned? And are Grass Pokemon better at evading leech Seed? I was chattin' to Darryn on ICQ and this came up. I wanna know if it's true?

------------------
Member Name: Hitmonrich
Member @: Azure Heights, The Pokémasters, UPNetwork
E-Mail Address: alpengeist77@yahoo.com
Pokémon Squad- v2.0
-Starmie- Light Screen/Thunderbolt/Blizzard/Recover
-Exeggutor- Double-Edge/Psychic/Sleep Powder/Mega Drain
-Chansey- Light Screen/Softboiled/Seismic Toss/Thunder Wave
-Dragonite- Surf/Body Slam/Thunderbolt/Blizzard
-Arcanine- Dig/Body Slam/Reflect/Flamethrower
-Mewtwo- Psychic/Amnesia/Substitute/Recover

IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 02:46 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah they can
Grass pokémon can't be seeded
------------------
Pokémon I have as pals:
Snorlax
Muk
Dewgong
Flareon
Lickitung
Porygon

[This message has been edited by 10,000Lb.Snorlax (edited 04-23-2000).]

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 02:51 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Grass can't be seeded, poison can't be poisoned.

I'm pretty sure that's it...

------------------
-cfalcon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 04:13 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes they can, my Articuno was frozen solid once, how humiliating! I can see how though, just because a creature can withstand intense cold more than we can, it doesn't mean they can't withstand absolute zero. It can still be locked in a giant cube of ice if the surrounding air is frozen. Fire types follow a silimar rule, just because they can withstand instense heat, even that of a volcano, doesn't mean they can withstand an infinite amount of heat. Eventualy their cell's heat limit will be reached and they will be burned.

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 04:40 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Jaguar:
Eventualy their cell's heat limit will be reached and they will be burned.

By that reasoning though Poison types could be poisoned and, too a lesser extent, Grass types seeded... I guess they needed a reason for Grass/Poison types to be used
-Givera

------------------
"Mewtwo is sexless?? Where's the fun in that??" -Me

"If any punk-a-- Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K

"Heh.....ditto is a G-- D--- pimp in g/s....he gets all the a--.." -Argo

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 06:07 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, yeah, the poisening might work against others, but not for that reason. Technically most venomous creatures are immune to their own venom, but other species aren't. Some species can even poisen themselves if their poisen leaves the safety of those poisen sacks. Apparently though all poisones pokémon are immune to that poisen, oh well it all acts the same except for toxic. As for being seeded, some weed plants feed off of other plants by growing straight into them. Apparently though all grass types have an immunity to that by probably turning those seeds into parts of their body (well, if you plant a peach tree next to an apple tree, they merge together and will even produce apple/peaches, very weird). Oh well, this kind of thought goes into the "too much pokémon, time for a life" catagory.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dark Jaguar (edited 04-23-2000).]

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 06:13 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is some interesting logic thrown into Pokemon...

------------------
Being frozen solid is going to make this a one-sided fight.

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 09:26 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
...doesn't mean they can withstand an infinite amount of heat.

An infinite amount of heat? Would that mean molecular kinetic energy at the speed of light? In that case, they would move at an infinite speed 'cause of relativity, assuming it would be possible to reach infinite heat, which it isn't. Being so hot would tear you apart anyway, from dissent among your cells. Burning is irrelevant.

------------------
(the only) Official Member of the Release Your Legendary Pokémon Club

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 11:21 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rolken:
An infinite amount of heat? Would that mean molecular kinetic energy at the speed of light? In that case, they would move at an infinite speed 'cause of relativity, assuming it would be possible to reach infinite heat, which it isn't. Being so hot would tear you apart anyway, from dissent among your cells. Burning is irrelevant.

LOL!! We're sitting here trying to make reasoning of why fire types can be burnt and infinite heat would tear you apart. Wow! We're yelling at the complex physics of a CHILDREN'S GAME (Yes It really IS a children's game) Shouldn't we first realize it's a game and that the characters themselves cann't exist first? Most living creatures don't have psychic powers, a turtle cann't suddenly grow cannon's out of his shoulders, a lizard cann't breath fire and require his tail to be on fire to live, cann't shoot beams of energy by absorbing sunlight, ghosts don't exist, and noone is as stupid as Ash. And what about the physics of pokeballs? At least radiation (Elemental stones) can change pokemon drastically!
-Givera, inventer of the exploding Pikachu

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 11:40 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, in Japan it is meant for everyone at any age. Here in America it is stereo-typed as a kids game regardless of its complexities.

------------------

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 11:41 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was givning infinite heat as an example. I was saying every creature has a limit on their resistence to heat regardless of how superior it is to humans. It would be far less than infinite for sure.

------------------

Psyanyde
Farting Nudist
Member # 325

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 12:43 AM      Profile for Psyanyde   Author's Homepage   Email Psyanyde   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fine then Givera, go ahead and ruin all the fun. I guess I'll go back to playing SSB 25 hours a day, now that I know that Pokémon is a children's game.... ::sob:: ::weep::

How can Ditto be paralyzed? I HIGHLY doubt it owns a vertebral column...same w/Muk....

------------------
~Psyanyde, leading cause of death of ignorant newbies worldwide.

The Team v. 1.5:
~Electrode~ Mr.T, fool
Screech, Explosion, T-Bolt, T-Wave
~Porygon~ SourceCode
Recover, Substitude, Sharpen, Double-Edge
~Poliwrath~ PoppinFrsh
Submission, Hypnosis, Amnesia, Hydro Pump
~Gengar~ !v)-(o;l
Seismic Toss, D-Team, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray
~Mew~ ([Hermes])
Transform, Toxic, Softboiled, Blizzard
~Jynx~ dRaG kWeEn
Lovely Kiss, Blizzard, Psychic, Reflect
Go ahead. Rate it. It's OKAY to be off-topic!

From: http://california.north.com/ small.html | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kobayashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 313

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 04:45 PM      Profile for Kobayashi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ditto and Muk are some what liquidy and we all know what happens when mr.water meets his friend mr.electricity ! Though this doesn't explain Paralysis from non-electric moves.

------------------

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 06:16 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Um, in Japan it is meant for everyone at any age. Here in America it is stereo-typed as a kids game regardless of its complexities.

Hmmm... I guess what I meant didn't come out right... by child's game I meant more like you cann't lose at it... Go ahead TRY! All that happens is all you pokemon FAINT and you lose half your money... OH NO!!! Yea there ARE a lot of more complex mathematics running in the background but try and find a game that there isn't... but still you have to admit besides the stereo-typing Pokemon is a tad childish (I'll admit it and I'm a freshman in High School)
-Givera, trainer of Gamesharked pokemon

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 06:32 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If a burn can kill a Blastoise you can burn a Charizard/Magmr/Ninetails, etc.

------------------
"Dance, Dance, Dance" --Casey "Magician Type 0" Morris (me), the man who trained with the help of Caos2.

quote:
*Marge and Lisa are talking about Homer*
Homer: My ears are burning!
Marge: Homer!
Homer: No, they're really burning. I wanted to see inside so I lit a Q-tip
Marge: Mmmmmmm...

Email: webmaster@casog.zzn.com

AIM: Magician Type 0
ICQ Nick: Mĺgěçěań T˙pé 0®
Number: 45597626
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/4615.html

I'm not insane. I just hear voices. And the aliens are stealing my thoughts.

- Casey Morris- Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 06:37 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Givera:
ghosts don't exist

Ack! Yes they do! There are photos... I spent almost all my life reading a lot about ghosts in my free time.

Charmeleon411
Farting Nudist
Member # 99

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 07:04 PM      Profile for Charmeleon411     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magician Type 0:
Ack! Yes they do! There are photos... I spent almost all my life reading a lot about ghosts in my free time.

Photo's can be doctored up you know. If you believe in ghosts I'll show you some pictures of my mewthree that I caught in r/b/y.

------------------
"I gave you all a plate of corn muffins to rate my team..."
-Charmeleon411-

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 11:27 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ghosts are just Residual Counsiousness Energy, it has been proven.
When a living being dies there is a surge of EM waves that shoot out of it and even though the brain might be working at the time, the energy resided there being kept by the brain no longer holds it wich reaches a conclusion that the Will comes from the energy kept by the brain and not the brain itself. However the energy that this residual is in has more than 5 dimensions wich are impossible to calculate with current technology so little is known about it. However the existance of this energy can be easily detected with advanced radio-wave devices and EM locators. So, in essence we can detect it's 4 and even 5 dimensions but after that we fall short...
So, yes, ghosts do exist.

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 12:40 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Falcon PUNCH!
Iyse
Farting Nudist
Member # 149

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 02:05 PM      Profile for Iyse   Email Iyse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, hold on, ghosts are basically a collection of brain energy?

------------------
Mewtwo used Amnesia
Mew used Thunder Wave

Mew used Swords Dance
Mewtwo's fully paralysed

Mew used Swords Dance
Mewtwo's fully paralysed

Mew used Swords Dance
Mewtwo used Amnesia

If I get hit by Psychic, I'm dead for sure. I have to take out Mewtwo!

Mew used Explosion
Critical Hit

From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 02:32 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Falcon KICK!
Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 03:37 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm, so it is just a photograph of that creature's last thoughts. That is why they always just do the same things over and over again. The free will is long gone, but a "tape" remains. Oh well, I'll simply have my guys at the "rest easy" post-mordum service choke out that radio wave after I pass along with taking anything "incriminating". In any case, according to those who believe our universe is embedded into a "hyper space" it all totals to 7 dimensions.

------------------

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 06:40 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, no one really know what happens to this energy, if it has will or it does because there is no way(right now) to detect it and study it, all we can detect is the pressence. Is like this;
Supposed that you are a zoologist out to study baboons...but your blind and your nervous system is shot so you can't feel anything either, so all you can do is tell by the noise and the smell that there are baboons on the area but that's it, doesn't help you to study baboon behavior very well, does it? Same thing with this energy, we can smel it, we could hear it but that's it.
A brain can be well, and blood going through it, but if you tell the person to lift his hand he doesn't, now, if you attach a charger to the right side of the brain that controls the left hand and zap it the hand jumps, and if it is a counsious person, after zaping their brain to jump their hand up, you ask them to move the hand and they do. This simple experiment has proven that the Will does not come from the brain, but and energy that resides on the body and this EM field has it's core mainly on the brain.
But, there is very little know besides this energy that resides on the body that leaves it once the body if no longer suitable to hold it...just remember that energy is eternal, it can never die, only change and it is my personal opinion that this energy carries the Will of a person, it is a logical but untested hypothesis.

------------------

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 07:50 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't really know how to respond to this...
As much as I've tried to PUNCH and KICK away this topic, it keeps going...

First off, I highly doubt that ghosts have been proven scientifically. If you would claim so, please provide some sort of link, magazine article, or journal note that the rest of us skeptics can look at.

I do believe that there are things we don't understand. However, I don't run around waving ideas as theories...

The ability of a brain to learn from seeing things happen is an example of the fact that learning occurs on many levels, conscious, unconscious, and reflexive. For instance, your eyes view everything upside down (simple optics). Your brain flips the image so you percieve things rightside up. Simple, and hardcoded, right? Wrong. Researchers designed a bulky set of goggles that would flip the image about the y-axis (make everything you saw upside down). The experiment was to see what would happen when someone wore this device for a long time. I don't remember the amount of time (I think it was weeks), but suddenly the test subjects reported that everything was back to normal- the brain "knew" what the world should look like, and things should react (when your hand moves up, it should look like it, maybe), so it corrected the sight. When the volunteers took off the goggles, they percieved everything upside down! This lasted for a similar amount of time before the brain again adjusted.

This also worked with left to right inversion.

What does this show? That the brain is a marvelous organ, but not necessarily magical, or possesed of a physical energy that can be shown to exist in a physical sense that we have no real knowledge of. Could it be possesed of an energy that is non-physical in nature (read: can not interact with the world)? Sure, that's like debating the existence of God. But to say we've got dimensions down on it...

It just doesn't seem right.

On another topic, does anyone wish they had new stat mods in Gold and Silver? And has anyone verified if there are actually same type immunities there? (I could see them making type ICE immune to FRZ, they might've for Gold and Silver)

------------------
-cfalcon

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 08:28 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do not have links to these research information and I do not remember the names and volumes of the articles I read.
Whenever you doubt it or not it does not matter for a falling person from 500' cannot believe in gravity but he is still going to be scrambled eggs when he gets smashed with the surface of the earth.
The information is avalible so why don't you look it up, it is not my job to educate you further than my comments.
That perception test also proves the fact that there is a Will and a Will is not the brain like the experiment I showed prooved.
Living things have a variation of EM fields but until now no one knew what these fields were for. I'm not talking about energy posessing anything, am saying that the brain is a core carrier of certain EM(and other types of energy)fields that are equaly concordant to the physical body, this is fact undeniable. Just look it up but don't expect me to educate you if you disagree or disbelieve me. Now, there are many things we cannot explain, and in the scientific world theres 3 types of scientists:
Skeptics
Believers
Neutrals

When something that cannot be explained happens Skeptics are too quick to judge for the easiest answer with little or no evidence: "Was just your imagination" "You are mentally unstable" "It's just a coincidence" "It is just superstition" "It's a hoax" in the opposite side of the same coin is the Believer, they gravitate quickly with little or no evidence towards the fantastic and difficult answers: "It is bad/good luck" "It is fate/destiny" "It is something not of this earth" "It's not normal" "It's not human" "It's magical" and then we have the neutral, for lack of a better word, they just look at what is at hand and know how to say "I don't know" "I cannot explain that" "I need more evidence" "I am uncertain" neutrals just look at the facts without gravitating to neither.
A Skeptic is as guilty as a Believer for they both jump into conclusions with little or no evidence, without looking for the truth, thus, the reactions from the question "Do ghosts exists?" you get the following:
Skeptic: easiest explained answer "No!" can they proove ghosts do not exist, no, they cannot, they are just saying no because is the easiest answer to the question.
Believer: fantastic answer "Yes!" can they proove it(with hard evidence) they say they can, because the little evidence they have is "personal" evidence(like loving someone, you know you do but it cannot be prooven) and not "popular" evidence(Hard evidence, evident to everyone) so at the end they cannot back up their "Yes!".
Neutral: Looking at the (hard)evidence "I have seen some strange things but haven't been able to proove none of it, so, I do not know, I need more stable evidence than my personal experience"...

...and that is what it boils down to.
Is there a energy field that resides inside the body basing itself on the brain? Yes there is, can the body function without it? No, it cannot. Where does this energy go after it leaves? Unknown. Is the Human counciousness inside this energy? Since it doesn't reside in the brain and there is no more variables left to choose besides this field and the brain then yes, it does.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 04:33 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Of course there is an electric field.

Neurons use electricity to communicate.

Therefore there is a magnetic field, and it is complex, as the brain is not a wire (so writing a formula for it is as hard as following every electron).

Without that, a human would die. Why? Well, because his brain would be gone. That's sorta like saying that people die when you chop off their heads. Suffer brain death, and everything else can't survive. Basically, anything with a nervous system requires its constant employment to survive (which includes electricity).

But that does nothing to imply that everything about a brain is NOT physically explainable.

If you wish to make a claim, it is generally considered both polite and reasonable to have:

(a) Data
(b) A reputable reference
(c) A rationale

Preferably all of the above.

You say "the information is available". Then you offer nothing, not even in terms of key words to search for (beyond capitalizing "Will").

You claim that reality does not care whether you are believer or not. Fine. That claim works equally well for my arguement, but does nothing to prove either one.

I'm getting the impression that you are somehow defending your beliefs as if they are religious. I can't (and won't) argue with that: it is a matter of personal faith. But you have presented this entire issue as if it were a matter for factual debate.

------------------
-cfalcon

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 04:45 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Dreamer:
Is there a energy field that resides inside the body basing itself on the brain? Yes there is, can the body function without it? No, it cannot. Where does this energy go after it leaves? Unknown. Is the Human counciousness inside this energy? Since it doesn't reside in the brain and there is no more variables left to choose besides this field and the brain then yes, it does.

The Pokemon game resides in the ROM in a cartridge. When you turn off the Gameboy, there is no game. Eventually, the cartridge will rot, like a brain.

Does that mean the ghost of my Pokemon Blue is haunting my living room at this very moment?

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
AznExplosN
Farting Nudist
Member # 45

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 06:05 AM      Profile for AznExplosN     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Geez... I just nearly killed myself trying to read this thread. Do to the effort my brain tried to make in understanding it, it taught itself TM 47.

Ouchies.

------------------
Thor said to Terl, in Psychlo, "The little girl over there is begging to shoot you."

"I'll be quiet here," said Terl.

From: Dallas, Texas, United States | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 07:22 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My post.....got...deleted.....NNNOOOOOOOO!!
But in a nutshell what I was going to say is this. If this was an agreed debate between you and me, cfalcon, then we both make eachother a favor in order to proove our points. Most of the times if both parties are honest they both find the truth toghether. But this was my saying, my statement that there was evidence out there, the statement did not say "Here, have some facts" so in this case it is not my problem to find info that you do not believe is fact.
I would carry this through e-mail and get the names and places of the references but even now I am at work and have no time to educate you, if you want to find out if it's true then look it up, because no one will do it for you...unless you and the other party agree to an educated debate that is.
Also, I capitalize the Will to classify it as a noun, not a verb.

Mr. K, the answer is not because a computer device cannot think, so it has no Will, unlike what we consider "living" creatures, wich is the point of this argument.
The Will, not the energy.

I really feel bad about my long, in depth post being erased like that....oh well, I'll deal with it...

...later

------------------

Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 11:17 PM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, if we get REALLY in depth then we could arguee over we even have free will or not, or are we like very complicated machines? Not that I really want to debate this on a pokemon board I just like to input my opion when I can. And I do think that, even though whenever I try to explain it to my friends they get mad. Well, maybe defensive is a better word. I guess they don't like the idea they aren't much more enlightend then my Golem, with a little exageration present.

------------------
AIM: Avalanche786
e-mail: lewisdischner@msn.com

From: Catherdral City, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Psyanyde
Farting Nudist
Member # 325

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2000 01:20 AM      Profile for Psyanyde   Author's Homepage   Email Psyanyde   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Dreamer:
However the energy that this residual is in has more than 5 dimensions wich are impossible to calculate with current technology so little is known about it.

I only have a 7th grade education, but I do know that quantum physicists (sp?) have been able to calculate up to 14 dimensions, but after 10 it gets really sketchy....
Fourth dimension's easy-peezy: just apply the orthogonal.

I don't know why, but I found cfalcon's comments insanely funny. Probably something that only Captain Falcon SSB players could understand

------------------

The Team v. 1.5:
~Electrode~ Mr.T, fool
~Porygon~ SourceCode
~Poliwrath~ PoppinFrsh
~Gengar~ !v)-(o;l
~Mew~ ([Hermes])
~Jynx~ dRaG kWeEn

From: http://california.north.com/ small.html | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2000 06:09 PM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if you use superstring theory, (which I like to wor on now) you can go much higher than 14, 26 is an important one. Personally, I belive in infinite demensions, but won't go into it.

------------------

Psyanyde
Farting Nudist
Member # 325

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2000 12:03 AM      Profile for Psyanyde   Author's Homepage   Email Psyanyde   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Avalanche:
if you use superstring theory, (which I like to wor on now) you can go much higher than 14, 26 is an important one. Personally, I belive in infinite demensions, but won't go into it.

Would you mind telling the class WHY 26 is so important? What exactly is the superstring theory? I'm sorry, I don't exactly have a degree in quantum physics....

------------------

The Team v. 1.5:
~Electrode~ Mr.T, fool
~Porygon~ SourceCode
~Poliwrath~ PoppinFrsh
~Gengar~ !v)-(o;l
~Mew~ ([Hermes])
~Jynx~ dRaG kWeEn

Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2000 12:34 AM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
its kinda hard to simplify, but think of strings on a guitar. It makes sound by virbrations through air. Superstring is , very simply put, the universe created by little strings. This is very simply put, and I suck at teaching. To understand it better, you should read from someone like Michio Kaku. Good books are Visions, and Hyperspace.

------------------

Hitmonrich
unregistered

posted 04-30-2000 05:06 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How the hell did a topic about status changes turn inot a debate about Quantum Physics???

------------------
Member Name: Hitmonrich
Member @: Azure Heights, The Pokémasters, UPNetwork
E-Mail Address: alpengeist77@yahoo.com
Pokémon Squad- v2.0
-Starmie- Light Screen/Thunderbolt/Blizzard/Recover
-Exeggutor- Double-Edge/Psychic/Sleep Powder/Mega Drain
-Chansey- Light Screen/Softboiled/Seismic Toss/Thunder Wave
-Dragonite- Surf/Body Slam/Thunderbolt/Blizzard
-Arcanine- Dig/Body Slam/Reflect/Flamethrower
-Mewtwo- Psychic/Amnesia/Substitute/Recover

IP: Logged
PPokeM
Farting Nudist
Member # 343

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2000 08:25 AM      Profile for PPokeM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charmeleon411:

If you believe in ghosts I'll show you some pictures of my mewthree that I caught in r/b/y.

And If you believe that, I got some swampland in Florida to sell ya.

Where did we get into the discussion about ghosts anyway? Fire can be burnt, Ice can be frozen, Poison can't be poisoned, and Grass can't be seeded. Clear that up?

[This message has been edited by PPokeM (edited 04-30-2000).]

Charles-chan
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 249

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2000 02:43 PM      Profile for Charles-chan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Giving people facts that they aren't likely to believe and refusing to back them up with reputable sources (i.e. "find it yerself, ya git") is just like telling them that there's a picture of a woman and a wine glass in a compromising position somewhere on the Internet and not telling them where they can view it.

. . . err . . . forget I typed that.

------------------
Charles-chan
"That Pikachu looks like it just ate a small child."

From: New York, New York | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2003 03:03 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I only have a 7th grade education, but I do know that quantum physicists (sp?) have been able to calculate up to 14 dimensions, but after 10 it gets really sketchy....

I thought there was no experimental evidence for any more than four dimensions yet and probably wouldn't be for awhile because of the insanity of measuring such things...?

I don't know why, but I found cfalcon's comments insanely funny. Probably something that only Captain Falcon SSB players could understand.

Pity his punch is so slow.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2003 03:36 PM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
actually, there are 12 dimensions.

- - - - -
yes, i know i suck.

Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2003 05:35 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
However the energy that this residual is in has more than 5 dimensions

How the hell can energy have more than one dimension? I thought energy was just a quantity.

Well, no one really know what happens to this energy, if it has will or it does

Energy can have Will? It's just a number we're talking about, you know that, right?

just remember that energy is eternal, it can never die, only change

Energy isn't always conserved. It can change itself into mass and vice-versa. Quantity of movement is always conserved though.

Besides, you can't have energy without mass. If you don't have any mass, then you either don't exist, or you travel at the speed of light.

I don't know what kind of ghostly energy you're talking about, but it needs to be confined in something. Or there's some talk about energy coming from emptiness, but I'm not gonna enter into details I don't know anything about.

Is there a energy field that resides inside the body basing itself on the brain? Yes there is, can the body function without it? No, it cannot.

I would rather say that the energy field is produced by brain activity, and that the field cannot exist without the brain.

wtf is an energy field anyway. A region where there's energy? There's more energy in lava than there will ever be in an human brain. And based on the popular equation E=mc˛, every massive object is an immense energy field.

Where does this energy go after it leaves?

Energy always changes position due to interactions with the environment. Therefore, the brain always loses its energy, and has to produce energy to compensate. When the brain dies, the energy just heats a couple air molecules until the brain is the same temperature as its environment.

Is the Human counciousness inside this energy? Since it doesn't reside in the brain and there is no more variables left to choose besides this field and the brain then yes, it does.

What proves that consciousness isn't a brain process?

the answer is not because a computer device cannot think, so it has no Will, unlike what we consider "living" creatures, wich is the point of this argument.

What proves a computer device cannot think? It can think. It only thinks differently. Besides, the more you think, the less the concept of "Will" makes sense. There's no will where there's no options, and the more you think, the less options there is.

The Will, not the energy.

I'm all confused now.

You just don't seem to grasp the concept of energy, and neither do you seem to grasp the concept of will.

The fun thing about the dimensions is that there is apparently 11 or so dimensions in sub-atomic levels. However, these dimensions are "closed", like a bubble, a bit like if the second dimension in a 2D world, instead of being an infinite straight vertical line, was a curve in the 3rd dimension that closed itself, so the 2D universe would look like a really thin cylinder instead of an infinitely flat surface. Eventually, it would be so "thin" that you wouldn't even notice its existence and think you're in a 1D world. However, to explain what happens in that apparently unidimensional world, you might need to take into account the existence of the second dimension that's closed on itself, because the 1D model wouldn't explain the reality correctly.

That's the only way I can visualize it, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (because I probably am wrong).

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2003 11:09 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You people responding *do* know that both Type O and TGD have been banned and don't visit anymore, don't you?

And that this thread is almost 3 years old?

...So your arguements aren't very likely to be responded to, at least not the ones you took up with from Type O and TGD.

Zokou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1951

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2003 04:06 AM      Profile for Zokou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Would that mean molecular kinetic energy at the speed of light?
an enerrgy at that level would be un-controlable [Confused]

- - - - -
DUFF MAN SAYS "OOHH YEEAAHH"

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2003 09:59 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought they just up and left but weren't banned? Eh, I don't really remember/care.

actually, there are 12 dimensions.

Yeah, and light travels through an ether... oh, wait, that was disproven almost a century ago.

Energy can have Will? It's just a number we're talking about, you know that, right?

Says who? All forms of modeling it that we know of as consistent are reducible to math, but no one's to say they're ultimately correct. All humans go through Birth/Life/Death, after all.

Energy isn't always conserved. It can change itself into mass and vice-versa.

It seems more logical to me to consider mass another form of energy instead of energy/mass "converting" and such. Eh, but I could be wrong.

Besides, you can't have energy without mass. If you don't have any mass, then you either don't exist, or you travel at the speed of light.

What's wrong with that?

have to go, respond later

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Lunair
Farting Nudist
Member # 681

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2003 01:46 PM      Profile for Lunair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only thing I'd really like to add is that momentum is actually not conserved over extremely short distances/in extremely small samples of time. Overall, it is conserved, because a small sample is balanced out by a large sample (the average of 1+3 is the same as the average of 2+2). Just remember, everything is probability and approximation. Everything. EVERYTHING! Rar!

that is all

- - - - -
"Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny. Free men pull in all kinds of directions." Terry Pratchett, The Truth.

From: United Union of Onions | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2003 04:35 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish they wouldn't capitalize 'will' so often; it's making me feel important.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2003 06:31 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Billy!!!

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2003 07:39 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I Will kill you.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2003 08:24 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Show me your moves!
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2003 10:21 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just remember, everything is probability and approximation.

If 'everything' consists of the motion of particles.

Like it or not, Dubya is President. No approximation about it.

...according to one school of thought.

But any reason to declare otherwise (hanging chads aside) would be not be based on probability or approximation, but knowledge and lack thereof.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2003 11:45 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Bush spontaneously combusted, my faith in God would be renewed.

... Hah! Fat chance...

Although I could easily pass an hour away watching him burn in my mind..

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.