next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Arena   » Me vs. Cocky Kid

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Me vs. Cocky Kid
~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 08:04 AM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was at a restaurant playing my gameboy, and this boy and his friend come up to me (both about 7 or 8)and ask me if that is Pokémon. I say yes and he says that he is better than me because he uses rare candys. I laugh, and pull out a link cable. He looks shocked, and says he doesn't want to fight me because it would be too easy. His friend said he never lost! So his friend begged him to fight me, so he finally did.

He sends out flareon

I send out jolteon

He calls back Flareon, sends out Sandslash

Jolt's T-wave doesn't effect.

I call back Jolt, send out Articuno

His Sandslash digs underground

I double team=1

Sandslash's Dig misses

I double Team=2

He Slashes= medium damage

I double Team=3

Sandslash's Slash misses

I double team=4

His slash misses

I double Team=5

>He asks me why I'm wasting time with crapy attacks. I grin

His slash misses

I Double Team=6

His slash misses

Articuno uses Ice Beam
Critical Hit!
Sandslash Fainted

> he screams NOOOOO!!! You cheater!

He sends out Flareon
I sent out Alakazam

> He says Alakazams are for losers. Mewtwos are the best.

Flareon uses Flamethrower

I use Thunderwave

>Starts complaining. I'm not listening

Flareon Flamethrowers

Alakazam uses Psychic= Heavy Damage
Flareon fainted

> Starts saying (again) I cheat.

Sends out Raticate (??)

> What was this kid smoking when he trained his Pokémon?

I send out Snorlax

>Kid laughs

Raticate Quick Attacks= Little damage
Raticate HYPER Fangs= CH! Heavy Damage

Snorlax uses amnisia

He Super Fang misses

Snorlax uses Ice Beam
Raticate dies

>His friend whispers something to him, the boy shakes his head and says not yet.

He sends out Venusaur

I call back Snorlax and Send out Exeggutor

He Mega Drains= Little Damage
He Razor Leafs=Little Damage

Exeggutor uses Psychic=Heavy Damage

He Mega Drains= Little Damage

Exeggutor Psychics= Venusaur dies

> Kid looks annoyed at his friend.

Kid sends out Fearow

I send out Rhydon

> Fearow??

Fearow uses Drill Peck= Litte Damage
Fearow uses Drill Peck= Little Damage

Rhydon uses Rock Slide= He dies

> The kid grins and says he saved his best Pokémon for last, and none of my Pokémon would be able to beat it.

Kid sends out Nidoking

> His best Pokémon?! Falls over anime-style

I send out Exeggutor

Nidoking surfs= Little damage

Exeggutor Mega Drains= Medium Damage

Nidoking Tackles= Almost no damage

> Tackle?!

I Psychic= He dies

Him and his friend stares at each other. His friend smiles at me, the kid looks angry. I ask him if he wants any help with his team, he says no he doesn't want help from a cheater, then runs away. His friend smiles at me again, then goes with his friend.

------------------
"A Pokémon long admired for its beauty.It runs gracefully as if on wings."-red/blue Pokédex

"This ledgendary Chinese Pokémon is considered magnificent.Many people are enchanted by it's grand mane."-gold Pokédex

"It's magnificent bark convays a sense of majesty.Anyone hearing it can't help but grovel before it"-silver Pokédex

[This message has been edited by ~Steel Arcanine~ (edited 04-12-2001).]

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 08:45 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hehe... Great story, that's what I'd like to do at a tour sometime ^_^

I remember the part about being called a "cheater" when I battled my brother after I read Azure, he called me a cheater because I used Amnesia on Poli and Rest on Vileplume...

------------------
"Since when was this post a place used for arguing about Electabuzz DVs?! I seriously don't think anyone else here cares about that." -kikered

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 10:18 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fun fun fun.

I remember sweeping one guy's whole team of legendaries / starters with my Chansey at the 2000 tourney - he was practically grovelling for me to give it to him afterwards. At least he had the sense not to accuse me of cheating.

Then again, on the other end of the spectrum there was a Charizard with Softboiled (?) that still fared pitifully - its other three moves were Fire Blast / Flamethrower / Fire Spin.

------------------
!

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 05:10 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That other kid ruled. Giving his friend a big ol' taste of humble pie.

I wish I could battle more little kids.

------------------
Good Excel: The Bullet of Justice will always demolish evil! Remember that!
Excel: That's some dirty justice.
(Weird Anime Excel Saga)

AIM: Nobie20

Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 09:04 PM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah that must have been so much fun for ya. I really hope nobody pays attention to that computer in stadium 2.

------------------
"Magic must defeat Magic!!" - Uncle
Jackie Chan Adventures

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 02:59 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fuck.

I *never* get to play anyone.

I brought my Gameboy with me for like 2 years and never just met anyone who wanted to link up.

I sure did have fun at that Nintendo Stadium promo- they still get mad props from me for that.

I think I should go by this one bookstore one saturday where they play TCG. Someone there has to have a gameboy...

Anyway, that sounds like an amusing battle...

------------------
-cfalcon

"DAMN those are some skinny sick cows"
-pkthunder sighting a field of horses

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 04-02-2001 01:30 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying. Ever notice how they always say things like stat boosting and paralysis are crappy attacks, and then all of the sudden it magically becomes cheating when they're losing!

------------------
If there is true evil in this world, it lies in the heart of Mankind...
-Opening quote in Tales of Phantasia
Woohoo! The english patch is out for the rom! Get it at
http://www.zsnes.com/dejap
Even better! The voices are being translated! Go to http://www.zophar.net to find out about it!

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 03:11 PM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokegod:
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying. Ever notice how they always say things like stat boosting and paralysis are crappy attacks, and then all of the sudden it magically becomes cheating when they're losing!

Uh huh. My sister is like that

------------------
"A Pokémon long admired for its beauty.It runs gracefully as if on wings."-red/blue Pokédex
"This ledgendary Chinese Pokémon is considered magnificent.Many people are enchanted by it's grand mane."-gold Pokédex
"It's magnificent bark convays a sense of majesty.Anyone hearing it can't help but grovel before it"-silver Pokédex

Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 06:45 PM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thank Goddish everyday my little 9 year old brother isn't like that. He is the only kid under 10 I know who understands the time it takes to train and the idea of diverse movesets.

He only once had a newbie set on his Charizard and I quickly had him change it. His friend had a 'Zard with Surf and accused me of cheating when he saw my Blissey sweep a team on Stadium 2.

------------------
Pokerus is a Disease your Pokemon get when you use it. They won't like you, no matter what.--pokeworld

Get rid of Flamethrower 4 Fire Blast, Kiss C-ray goodbye cuz they will probably have safeguard, & give it Bper,take awy roar for Agility--
SS_Trunks_316 on a moveset for Ninetales

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Flareon
Farting Nudist
Member # 299

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 07:50 AM      Profile for Flareon   Email Flareon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hehehehe.

I love fighting little Pikabrats. One time, I was babysitting a bunch of kids, two of which had Gameboys with Yellow version (if they're Pikabrats, they almost always have Yellow):

Me: Hey you, wanna battle?

Brat: I have a Mewtwo and a L95 Clefable I can beat you!

-I beat him 6/0-

Other kid (didn't watch previous battle): My Pidgeotto's great, I wanna battle you!

-This kid's highest level Pokémon is a L31 Pidgeotto, he loses horribly, I offer another battle with lower level Pokémon but he just sits there and grumps-

Grr.

------------------
Never feed a Tribble after midnight.

From: Yokosuka, Japan | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 09:15 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Raticate Super Fangs= CH! Heavy Damage

How could he critical hit with Super Fang?

------------------
"The fact is that for the leader of the Opposition to stand up in this House and to start citing numbers, Mr. Speaker, is grossly irresponsible."
-- Finance minister Paul Martin, during a debate on the value of the Canadian dollar

~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 04:24 PM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nirvana:
White Cat said what I was going to say so I have nothing to say ^_^. Do you mean he used Hyper Fang?

Oops, yea -_-;; my bad... my friend copied it down. I didn't catch that.

------------------

Knight
Insulting title
Member # 1378

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2001 11:58 AM      Profile for Knight     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i probaly have this horibly wrong and are going to get flamed but doesnt a ch go trough double team ? and thus hitting the doubleteaming articuno ? in r/b/y of course

------------------
Bl@ckFire a.k.a VolTure

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 12:12 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Criticals go through attack/defense stat changes. Not Double Teams... Swift and Faint Attack (metallic) are the only moves that do that.

------------------
"I've decided to stop eating. I'll worry about the long-term ramifications a few months from now, when the point will be moot."
-Mr. K, on how he plans to get more time to tinker with Porygon

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacPPC
Farting Nudist
Member # 1337

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 03:24 PM      Profile for MacPPC   Email MacPPC   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have just one question, why did you swithced out a fully DT Artcuno after it's first fight?

------------------
People get lost on their toughts because it's an unexplored territory

From: Xalapa,Veracruz,México | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 04:20 PM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Because... umm... oops. I forgot I was DTed.

------------------

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 11:37 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokegod:

Of course it's cheating. Every kid knows that a Machamp with a crappy attack like Earthquake can't beat a Rare Candied Onix. ;P

------------------

Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 12:49 AM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
funny, i mean, a nidoking with surf? *clap now thats pure comdey. lol

------------------
BUR!, its cold in here!, there must be some jynx's in the atmosphere!!!

From: Sayreville NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wiccan
Farting Nudist
Member # 606

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2001 11:42 AM      Profile for Wiccan   Author's Homepage   Email Wiccan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish I could battle more little kids, I have 2 friends to battle with, one is 15 the other is 16, and it is so boring.

------------------
Brightest Blessings -
Wiccan
--------
Gary's Pokémon Academy
--------
"DAMAGE BIG! THUNDER HURT MORE!" The Rookie's Newbie impression

Togepi3
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 608

Rate Member
posted 04-12-2001 12:50 AM      Profile for Togepi3   Author's Homepage   Email Togepi3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The thing about those stupid little spoiled brats is that you can't say anything back to them when they say, "You cheated!!" Because that would start a pointless arguement when you know your right! It just bugs me... I can't wait 'till the next Nintendo Tour!

------------------
<Togepi used Metronome!>
<Togepi used Metronome!>
<Togepi used Metronome!>
<Togepi used Splash!>
<No effect!>

From: Irvine, CA. Why? | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2001 09:05 AM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Togepi3:
The thing about those stupid little spoiled brats is that you can't say anything back to them when they say, "You cheated!!" Because that would start a pointless arguement when you know your right! It just bugs me... I can't wait 'till the next Nintendo Tour!

If There is another nintendo tour...

------------------

NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2001 01:06 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ~Steel Arcanine~:
If There is another nintendo tour...

Can't say that any better.

------------------
-NickWhiz1
The "Best Statistics Follower" of the CLST

NickWhiz1's Pokemon Domain, still the worst Pokemon site in existence XD

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ProTrainer2001
Farting Nudist
Member # 1384

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2001 10:24 PM      Profile for ProTrainer2001   Email ProTrainer2001   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember a few months ago when I went to my brothers house and his wife Shelly who is a teacher brought all of her third graders over to the house for some reason.....And I just happened to have brought my blue version and was sitting on the couch just looking at my team and a group of six of them (I felt like it was the Bike Gang on Cycle road...) When the kid in the middle (Now I really felt like it was a gang) asked me if I was playing pokemon I said yes and they asked to battle me and I agreed to and I first linked up with one of the kids...He used Blastoise Magmar Kangaskhan Primeape Mewtwo and Electabuzz...I send out Snoalx and take the whole team out...The kid is shocked and I link up to the next kid..He uses Venusaur Onix Hypno Snorlax Fearow seaking...I send out Eggy and once I switched to Alakazam and took out his whole team.After that they walked off and I started to play again ...It wasnt five minutes until the kid I call "Leader of the Pikas" Walks up to challange me.....He uses Mewtwo Mew (Sharked) Omastar Dragonite Charizard Gyarados. I send out Snorlax and take out Dragonite charizard gyarados..I then switch feeling sorry for him to Eggy and take out Mew and Mewtwo...The kid gets so ticked off and runs off.....What a day....Hey atleast they didnt complain...they just left...

------------------
AOL Screen name (AIM)-XOutlawXv@aol.com

E-mail-XOutlawXv@aol.com

alienx
Farting Nudist
Member # 1683

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2001 03:26 PM      Profile for alienx   Author's Homepage   Email alienx   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love stat boosting moves!! I sharked to catch Flareon and Vaporeon (not modify moves, just catch), and also put on my Jolteon for 3 members of a 3rd string team. Everyone on my team (except Kadabra and Primeape) have Sand-Attack, and I piss my sister off so much when I use it, I laugh... Teeheehee...

------------------
Almost only counts in horseshoes and Hand Grenades...

From: The State of Confusion | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2001 06:56 PM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alienx:
I love stat boosting moves!! I sharked to catch Flareon and Vaporeon (not modify moves, just catch), and also put on my Jolteon for 3 members of a 3rd string team. Everyone on my team (except Kadabra and Primeape) have Sand-Attack, and I piss my sister off so much when I use it, I laugh... Teeheehee...

Uh huh ! Same thing when my Chansey/Blissey uses softboild. Annoys the crap out of my friends

------------------

Fred Winner
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1650

Rate Member
posted 04-21-2001 04:56 PM      Profile for Fred Winner     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can't say I've had an encounter with a stupid bratty one. Back at the last Nintendo Tournament, my M2 had a CRAPPY Move Set(Didn't have RECOVER!) and a 7 year old beat me, because of his recover. I think we were tossing pointless psychics at each other and he recovered in time to kill me. I'll just say he was OK, no incredibly bad PKMN, no really bad Move Sets...

------------------
Physical age doesn't matter. It just tells you how close you are to dying.

I M A Pokeprofessional
Farting Nudist
Member # 1585

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2001 10:24 PM      Profile for I M A Pokeprofessional   Email I M A Pokeprofessional   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great story!

It actually had me laughing .

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.