The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Arena   » Nintendo insults the UK players again!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nintendo insults the UK players again!
Ryuujin
Farting Nudist
Member # 572

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2000 07:05 AM      Profile for Ryuujin   Author's Homepage   Email Ryuujin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was reading through one of the comics in the Sunday times this morning when I spotted an article in the kids news section (don't ask) it read:

quote:
.........One trainer hoping to beat the rest is 13-year old Ben Coote, from brentwood who was the top rainer when the championships visited Bluewater recently. "The best thing about Pokémon is competeing with the other trainers," said Ben. "I've got the figures, trading cards, games, a few beanines and some posters on my wall. My favourite Pokémon is Dragonite with his hyper beam."..........

Now this kid is supposedly the hot favourite to win the European championships - but lets look closely - He's 13 and his fave pokemon is Dragonite - and his fave move is Hyper beam... now seriously - how many players worth any weight in a battle use Dragonite? - none - he's too weak to ice. How many use Hyper beam? very few - it's recharge makes it crap...

...it just goes to show that Nintendo didn't select trainers for their ability to fight -or we'd expect to see more synergy/Azure built teams in the championships...

From: Depths of hell (South West England) | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dragonite21
Farting Nudist
Member # 475

posted 08-27-2000 09:16 AM      Profile for Dragonite21     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryuujin:
... now seriously - how many players worth any weight in a battle use Dragonite? - none - he's too weak to ice. How many use Hyper beam? very few - it's recharge makes it crap...

excuse me. I use a dragonite and I am going to [hopefully] kick some serious butt down at the dome.....

------------------
It's the return of the..."Ah, wait, no way, you're kidding, he just didn't say Mr K is a sex god, did he?" [?!]
--Jenova's funny Slim Shady remix

From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ryuujin
Farting Nudist
Member # 572

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2000 10:48 AM      Profile for Ryuujin   Author's Homepage   Email Ryuujin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Exactly... (J/k)

Well - fingers crossed you don't meet any creatures with Ice beam...

That stupid stadium commentator gets one thing right...

quote:
Ohh! Taken down with one hit!

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2000 11:48 AM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dude, my favorite Pokemon is Dragonite and I love watching him use Hyper Beam cause of sheer power. It's just my favorite, I rarely use him, except for when StarCaliber had no ice moves on his team, hehe.

------------------
"Salad is O-K!"- Fish

AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2000 12:17 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I use Dragonite, and I have the sense to switch to Lapras when facing an opponent with Ice Beam or Blizzard.

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2000 08:39 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Both Dragonite and Hyper Beam have their place on expert teams, if used properly.

------------------
"Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
-- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri exit message

DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2000 09:40 AM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dragonite's my favorite Pokemon and is very useful if you keep it away from ice. As for Hyper Beam, it's good if you use it at the right moment. Most Azure people could probably beat this kid anyway though .

------------------
You may know me as Booster6th. Please visit my website at http://lanturn.cjb.net!

[This message has been edited by DragoniteJ (edited 08-28-2000).]

Ryuujin
Farting Nudist
Member # 572

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2000 01:49 PM      Profile for Ryuujin   Author's Homepage   Email Ryuujin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I meant is this kid would get pasted by Azurians... and yet they think he's in with a chance of being the best in Europe - now lets see...

A LOT of azure members are from the UK - a lot of them would whip him into a pulp... and yet they think he is one of the best in Europe? how can he be one of the best if half the UK Azurians would kick his ass?

(As it happens my fave' creature is Dragonair/Dratini - I dont like Dragonite *Runs away as everyone tries to Hyper beam him*)

------------------
ICQ# 70919600
Member of MeWtWo SuX
Member of SAP
God of Dragon Pokemon
Slayer of Bulbasaurs, Clefable, Onixs and Evilchus...
§
Blazing the way in the world of AAP: http://www.geocities.com/ryuujin_0/index.html

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2000 03:20 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're right!
All UK Azurians unite!
It's REVOLUTION!!!

------------------
"You didn't eat that cheese we told you not to eat, did you? We told you before: It's not cheese!"-Poppy, Vaporeon Babble 3
"Sub, Amnesia, Psychic, Recova,
We'll fuck you like we did yo mutha"-cfalcon
Not related to the better-known ex-UPN-now-BMG-and-PD-Psybro.

[This message has not been edited by the FBI. The truth is NOT out there.]

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Psybro
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2000 01:55 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This isn't about Dragonite.
This is about the high possibility of the winner being a 12-year-old who prances around, proclaiming himself King of All and saying:
"My Pikachu can beat anything! Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder and Take Down! That's the ultimate pokeeman!"

------------------
"You didn't eat that cheese we told you not to eat, did you? We told you before: It's not cheese!"-Poppy, Vaporeon Babble 3
"Sub, Amnesia, Psychic, Recova,
We'll fuck you like we did yo mutha"-cfalcon
Not related to the better-known ex-UPN-now-BMG-and-PD-Psybro.

[This message has not been edited by the FBI. The truth is NOT out there.]

Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2000 02:29 PM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IF NINTENDO WEREN'T SO GAY I'D BE AT THE FINALS! BURN IN HELL NINTENTENDO, BURN!

------------------
Mew:A mythical Pokemon of South America which had been thought extinct. When viewed through a microscope this Pokemon's short fine delicate hair is seen. So rare it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. A growing number of people have seen it recently.

"So cold, I am always by your side"-Sephiroth

stinky cheese man
Farting Nudist
Member # 455

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2000 07:44 AM      Profile for stinky cheese man     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How do you UK players out up with those bastards at Nintendo? I don't see how that 13 year old kid could win any tournament. Aren't any azurians competing?

------------------
Huked on fonix werkd fer meh.

From: a world of perfection | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ryuujin
Farting Nudist
Member # 572

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2000 02:31 PM      Profile for Ryuujin   Author's Homepage   Email Ryuujin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You submit your teams to Nintendo to review, suposedly they pick the toughest teams.

What they actually do reviews for is how many pikachu's you ahve in your team, and how old you are (they wouldn't want a 16 year old with too much time on their hands to be the winner) - I myself didn't apply as my team is only Lv 65 right now - and most people would have level advantages

Marril
Farting Nudist
Member # 51

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2000 08:06 PM      Profile for Marril     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. the best Pokémon is Weedle with his Poison Sting.
2. Dragonair is better than Dragonite (less weaknesses).
3. Dragonite is more fair in battle than the OTHER choices *cough*Mewtwo*endcough*
4. The probablility is high. After all, my 8-year old brother won an official tourney (well, not a big one...) with his Dragonite.

...*realises that this post makes no sense and has no point*... oops...

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
--Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words,
Star Wars: The Last Command

Ryuujin
Farting Nudist
Member # 572

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2000 03:11 PM      Profile for Ryuujin   Author's Homepage   Email Ryuujin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
2. Dragonair is better than Dragonite (less weaknesses).
-Says Marril

*Rubs Corsair behind his ear*

Ignore these hipocrites...

Actually Marril thats was me who said Dragonair has advantages over Dragonite - not Nintendo...

------------------
ICQ# 70919600
Member of MeWtWo SuX
Member of SAP
God of Dragon Pokemon
Slayer of Bulbasaurs, Clefable, Onixs and Evilchus...
§
Blazing the way in the world of AAP: http://www.geocities.com/ryuujin_0/index.html

Jedah
Farting Nudist
Member # 20

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2000 01:34 PM      Profile for Jedah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just heard Darryn won. So to hell with this kid.

------------------
Sweet and to the point.
AOL IM: TR Hayama Akito
Team Rocket UK
Hayama Akito is my God - why isn't he yours?
If you don't have Funzo, you're NOBODY!
Liberated from UPN.

Psybro
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2000 02:17 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hacker Boy won?
Good for him.
I'm depressed because I just found out I can't go to the event this weekend at the Dome.

fiss
Farting Nudist
Member # 812

Rate Member
posted 09-02-2000 06:44 PM      Profile for fiss   Author's Homepage   Email fiss   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That Ben coote was a load of rubbish,ithink he was knocked out in the first round,you should seen the look on his dad's(he thought he was getting a free trip to Australia)I played this kid in a 6v6 and bet him only using Toby and Lax

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.