The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Arena   » Have Any Of You Fought This Dastardly Beast? USUL THE MEWTWO

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have Any Of You Fought This Dastardly Beast? USUL THE MEWTWO
EeveeTrainer
Farting Nudist
Member # 62

posted 08-10-2000 11:29 PM      Profile for EeveeTrainer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I am the only one here who has gone to a Nintendo Mall Tour, and fought the reps using Usul. Most people fight Grep. In fact, grep isn't even max stat! It is like a couple points behind in everything except speed! Usul has the same moveset, just MAX STATS!! BEWARE USUL! You will see more Usul when the next tourney comes around.

~EeveeTrainer

------------------
I am the greatest EeveeTrainer in the world!!!

From: New Hope, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2000 10:34 AM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what the Grep moveset is, but...

Does it have Ice Beam or BLizzard?
Does it have Submission?

If the answers are both no, I have a feeling my Chansey with IceBeam/LightScreen/Reflect/Softboiled could handle it by freezing it...

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
branners
Farting Nudist
Member # 101

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2000 10:38 AM      Profile for branners   Author's Homepage   Email branners   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Atma: Grep has psychic, substitute, amnesia and rest or recover.

Because of sub, you will not be able to freeze it.

------------------
-branners, AKA Tominater

AIM: BranSama | ICQ: 75872424

GipFace
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 777

Rate Member
posted 08-11-2000 10:39 AM      Profile for GipFace   Author's Homepage   Email GipFace   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Usul? Grep? What the...?

------------------

From: Toronto, ON Canada! | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2000 10:42 AM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good ole Grep's moveset consists of:

Psychic
Amnesia
Substitute
Recover

What usually happens is that a Sub goes up first turn to prevent things like Par,Slp,Freeze. It amnesias up and recovers the lost HP from sub, then blasts away with psychic.

Its a low probability your Chansey can take it down, but you could probably make it burn a lot of PP.

A paralyzing electrode followed by a toby would probably work best.

------------------
"To Alcohol - The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."
- Homer

maagisk
Farting Nudist
Member # 536

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2000 12:14 PM      Profile for maagisk   Author's Homepage   Email maagisk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no eeveetrainer, your not alone, i have a freind who's friends with a rep and he uses usul too, good ol toby takes care of it.

------------------
The Starball catches the ultimate pokemon a.k.a. Sqirtle.

-Maagisk

From: Dramen, Norway | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
EeveeTrainer
Farting Nudist
Member # 62

posted 08-11-2000 08:09 PM      Profile for EeveeTrainer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah, Fanha, it's not that easy. The reps will NOT be afraid to take out their set up mewtwo to put in mew to take care of chansey EASILY.

~ET

------------------
I am the greatest EeveeTrainer in the world!!!

From: New Hope, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2000 09:42 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Course the have max stats.

It isn't like we're the only ones with sharks...

The last mall tour seemed to be be before max stats codes were known. They could have found a natural one, but what's more likely, really?

I'm becoming more and more of the opinion that tournament level play was made for max stats... after all, that's why it's a tournament, right?

Ah well. Thanks for the update.

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2000 01:56 AM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EeveeTrainer:
Bah, Fanha, it's not that easy. The reps will NOT be afraid to take out their set up mewtwo to put in mew to take care of chansey EASILY.

~ET

Is this a QuakeDancing Mew? If so, I'll switch out for someone else... hell, if they're using Mew and Mewtwo, I'll bring in a Mewtwo of my own with Recover/Barrier/Amnesia/IceBeam >:) Barrier will reduce quakedancing to 140 damage, which Recover can take care of, and eventually either Ice Beam will freeze or he'll run out of Quake PP!

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dante
Farting Nudist
Member # 746

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2000 05:52 PM      Profile for Dante   Author's Homepage   Email Dante   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GipFace:
Usul? Grep? What the...?

Yeah, what are you guys on about?

------------------
"Pinkle, squirmy, plip plap plop!" - Rimmer

From: UK, universe 10812 version 2 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2000 05:58 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You've never heard of the infamous GREP moveset? I think someone already gave an explanation, so I won't bother.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.