This is a weird thing that happened - I was
at the end of the Master Ball tournament of the R-2 Prime Cup on Stadium(at the end of a long quest to get a Surfing Pikachu),and
I was facing Round 8,the Cool Trainer(you know,the one who fights with Mew).
Anyway,here's how the battle went. My trio
of fighters consisted of:
L90 Pikachu(from Yellow)
* Thunder Wave
* Body Slam
* Light Screen
L100 Starmie(from Yellow)
L100 Mewtwo(from Blue)
* Pikachu comes out(I used Pikachu because
he wasn't gonna last anyways)
* Jolteon comes out
* I decide to throw a futile Thunder Wave
at Jolteon(knowing Jolt would go first)
* By serendipity,the AI switches to Tauros!
Pikachu's Thunder Wave hits it. :P
* Okay,so it was a lucky shot. I know that
if Tauros was brought in,that means that
he's got Earthquake and will crush Pika-
chan,so I fire a Thunderbolt,which hits
* Tauros is fully paralyzed!
* Just luck,I think. Another Thunderbolt.
THIS ONE CRITICALS! OUCH!
* FULLY PARALYZED AGAIN!
Next two rounds
* Same thing - Rostor(the Tauros) is
stuck in full paralysis while Pikachu
blasts him silly. Eventually,he drops.
Am I just lucky or what?!
* Out comes Mew. I command Pikachu to use
Thunder Wave again,but Mew powers up a
Psychic and fires it. I think "oh great,
Pikachu is toast."
* He pulls through! (Of course,I've seen
the little guy pull out of many fatal
attacks in prior rounds. )
* Mew is paralyzed
* Pikachu fries Mew with Thunderbolt
* Mew is unable to move
* Pikachu does a Body Slam,but this time
Mew breaks free and brings Pikachu down.
Well,it was good while it lasted.
I brought out Starmie,but then it switched
back to Jolteon. However I was able to
take out Jolteon after weakening it with a
couple of Surfs with Mewtwo. Then Mew came
out and use Softboiled,so I had to Amnesia
up,but Jolteon had paralyzed me earlier. :P
After a few more rounds,where both of us
were paralyzed fully,luck kissed me and Mew
was unable to move as I finished him off.
Thus,Pikachu got to learn Surf. ^_^
Now,is that a weird story or what? :X
"C.J. used SUPER ROD!"
"Not even a nibble!"
- Fishing for Dratini in the Safari Zone