The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Arena   » Mr. K's First Tourney - Part II

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr. K's First Tourney - Part II
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-29-2000 09:33 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And so we rejoin Mr. K, who is off to a disappointing 0 for 2 start...

I was pretty demoralized, but on the way out one of the cute chicks told me that I could play again. I wasn't sure I wanted to, but I figured, what the Hell, I'm already all the way Hell out here...

By the way, there were a LOT of cute chicks working for Nintendo. The Mew girls were pretty nice, and there were other crowd control chicks who didn't seem to know much about Pokemon, but were really hot.

The demographics were also interesting. About 90% kiddies, probably 70% male, but also a lot of tongue piercings, nose rings, tattoos and the like. A fine young thing with many piercings, short bleached hair and a skin-tight Charmander shirt. Wow. And then a bunch of lumpy geeks in their early twenties. Very interesting mix.

Anyway, the next match started in another hour or so, so I killed some more time. I had brought a book, but I was too hyped up to read.

I got another Mew for my friend's Red game and hung out with some guys in their twenties who were also savagely beaten. One guy said the little kid he fought was taunting him ("Come on! Bring it on!"). We all looked at our pathetic Loser Badges and moped. Another adult loser wandered up and we commiserated. We were all going back into the fray and none of us thought we had a chance against the vicious 12 year olds...

Match #3:

This kid laughed at my Wigglytuff, but he wasn't laughing after his Mewtwo was lying in a crumpled mass on the floor.

Zapdos eventually Thundered Wiggly to death, tho and that was that for me.

Dodrio put up a good fight, but couldn't take the Electricity. Neither could Psyduck.

These kids don't have much variety.

Match #4:

The kid looked pretty confident when Wigglytuff opened, but Wiggly dispatched with Mewtwo, as was becoming the norm. I actually stopped fearing him. Of course, anyone who knows what they're doing wouldn't let that happen, but these kids didn't know. The kid had his Mewtwo Hyper Beam Wiggly and thought for sure he was toast, but the little pink trouper just gobbled it up and Hyper Beamed him right back for the kill. He was shocked. I was so proud of Wiggly, who I raised from Level 3.

Charizard eventually Slashed Wiggly to death, but was in bad shape. (He missed with Fire Blast at least once.) Dodrio finished him off. Then Mew smashed Dodrio, but not without getting hit first.

It was Psyduck vs. half a Mew and I thought for sure I was losing again. But Psyduck had that look in his eyes and I thought...maybe...

Mew Metronomed and Smogged my Psyduck (poisoned!). Psyduck Blizzarded, but missed.

Mew tried something heinous (Blizzard, I think) and missed, while Psyduck Dug. Mew did something defensive the next round (luckily not Soft Boiled) and then Psyduck popped up and slew Mew!

Woo hoo!

Psyduck saves the day!

My first Boulder Badge.

It took a huge effort on my part not to jump on the table, point at the kid and shout, "In your face, fucker!". But I restrained myself.

The kid was pretty shaken up that his Mew AND Mewtwo got toasted, but I told him he had a good team and would probably win if he tried again. I ran into him later and he cleaned up his next time thru.

I was so excited that I won, I was walking on air. The Pokemon theme song was blaring from the Gym and I felt like a big goofy kid inside. And I looked exactly like a big goofy kid on the outside. I called everyone I knew, but no one was home, so I just left excited messages on everyone's machines.

I figured I was done, and went to watch the Nintendo guys play. Those fuckers are vicious. Even the girl (with a spiral tattoo on the back of her neck) who fought the little kids for the Pika Cup was evil. She'd let them beat her Jynx and the kids would start getting excited. One started dancing. Then she'd toy with them with the next Pokemon and then just put them away. It was pretty evil. I never saw a kid even come close.

Then I saw the guy who I saw earlier in the day and when he started a match, I saw it was...Cazz! I marveled at my powers of observation, but I think he's just such a complete ass that it was obvious.

He was mechanical. Start with Mewtwo, DT to oblivion, Recovering when necessary, then Amnesia'ing and laying waste. Watching matches was boring.

He didn't seem to be having any fun at all. When he won, he had a sort of "Well, what did you expect?" look on his face. He did enjoy tossing the free hat at the victim in a sort "Here's your hat, but you still LOST!" kinda way.

There was a super geek kid, probably about 14, who thought Cazz was just the greatest thing ever and kept hanging around him. Lame.

I wandered over to the entry desk just for kicks to see how long I'd have to wait if I wanted to fight again. Hey, only 45 minutes. Eh, what's 45 minutes?

So I entered again.

I really wanted to give Butterfree a chance to play, especially since I went thru all that trouble to get his spare parts from Yellow.

Dodrio was fast and kicked Charizard's ass in the previous round, so I decided to go with him if I didn't see another fucking Zapdos.

Tune in next episode to see Butterfree fares...

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 05-29-2000 09:57 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
heh... Cool.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:

It took a huge effort on my part not to jump on the table, point at the kid and shout, "In your face, fucker!". But I restrained myself.

Hehehehe..

------------------
"Probability can be a real b!tch."
-Mr. K

"God bless incompetence!"
-Jackdaw

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 05-29-2000 10:19 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whats your wiggly's moveset?

------------------
Wild MISSINGNO. appreared
ABZ: Go GENGAR
GENGAR used CONFUSE RAY
MISSINGNO. is confused!
MISSINGNO. is confused.
It hurt itself in confusion.
MISSINGNO. faints.
GENGAR gained **** EXP.

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 10:49 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abz1986:
whats your wiggly's moveset?

Well, the only real important moves are Body Slam and Hyper Beam. Two Body Slams and a Hyper Beam can often kill a poorly-trained Mewtwo...and even a good one if there's a crit hit or a PAR.

Of course, a smart trainer does more than just fire off Psychics, but these weren't smart trainers.

His other two moves are Sing (which I almost never use, and probably should be replaced by Thunder Wave) and Rest, which very occasionally proves useful on the off chance a Sing works. Not sure what I'd replace that with otherwise.

Too bad Wiggly can't learn Softboiled, he could rip thru whole teams of bad Pokemon.

------------------
KOFFING!

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 08:05 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With Softboiled, Wiggly'd rip thru whole teams of GOOD Pokémon.

------------------
Nothing livens up a party like a bit of Pokémon poetry.

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 06-01-2000 09:39 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oo thanks, I'll get a wiggly and try that moveset... and see my friends face as his mewtwo gets crushed by the wiggly.. HAHAHAHA.

Doesn't Wiggly have a low special?

------------------
Wild MISSINGNO. appreared
ABZ: Go GENGAR
GENGAR used CONFUSE RAY
MISSINGNO. is confused!
MISSINGNO. is confused.
It hurt itself in confusion.
MISSINGNO. faints.
GENGAR gained **** EXP.

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-01-2000 10:06 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abz1986:
oo thanks, I'll get a wiggly and try that moveset... and see my friends face as his mewtwo gets crushed by the wiggly.. HAHAHAHA.

OK, but don't expect Wiggly to take out a box tricked Mewtwo using decent strategy.

quote:
Doesn't Wiggly have a low special?

Yup, but he's got Body Slam with the type-matching bonus, and he's got loads of HP.

Good luck!

------------------
KOFFING!

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2000 01:08 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey abz1986!!! There you are! Me and Biffster have been looking all over for you. Please click here.

------------------
"Right...well, lets just wait for Detective Like-I-Give-A-Damn."
-Chief Wiggum

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.