The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » First real G/S team I've made, need a bit of help.......

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First real G/S team I've made, need a bit of help.......
Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3382

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2003 05:58 PM      Profile for Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Author's Homepage   Email Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I need help mainly deciding what items to give my team.

GIRAFIRIG

Psychic
Crunch
Agility
Baton Pass

Nice opener, I think.

HERACROSS

Megahorn
Counter (Maybe Reversal? Not sure on this one)
Curse
Earthquake

I love this guy.

FERALIGATR

Surf
Strength
Bite
Blizzard

Strength is a fairly good move for his High Attack, IMO.

MILTANK

Milk Drink
Attract
Heal Bell
Body Slam

Standard, I guess.

BELLOSSOM

Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain
Sleep Powder
Moonlight

Was choosing Bellossom over Vileplume a good idea? Her Special Attack may be lower, but I like the fact that she loses her Poison-type, helping to strengthen her against Ground.

SKARMORY

Steel Wing
Double Team
Fly
Sandstorm

I usually use Skarmory as my last pokemon, mainly as a stall when I've got no one left. D-Team and Fly help it stay alive while S-Storm hits.

Please don't suggest moves ya gotta breed for. I have a horrible time with breeding, plus I'm busy conducting some studies of my own with different Pokemon.

From: Deep within Viridian Forest | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2003 07:15 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
3X fire and flying weakness... might want to change your setup a little.

switch strength for return. and if you got the time breed your feraligatr till you get a female one from a egg (the ice gym and the cycle path are good place for hatching) then breed with a crutching t-tar and volla! crunch on your feraligatr

- - - - -
always expect the unexpected!

I've desidered since I can't get my Nidoking Gorkamorka into R/S he's be killed and reincarnated as a Metagross.

Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3382

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2003 11:51 AM      Profile for Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Author's Homepage   Email Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alrighty, I finally got it. (And got ungrounded, so now I can be online again!)

I'm replacing Skarmory with

DODRIO

Drill Peck
Tri-Attack
Agility
Steel Wing

I wish I had started with Meganium, that way I could put I Flamethrowering Octillery in my team. :-D

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2003 03:19 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master:
I wish I had started with Meganium, that way I could put I Flamethrowering Octillery in my team. :-D

You can do that regardless the starter as long as your playing in Crystal.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2003 06:31 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*tries to figure out what starter Meganium has to do with Flamethrower Octillery*
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3382

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2003 06:42 PM      Profile for Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Author's Homepage   Email Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't want to take off my Feraligatr, and I don't want to repeat types. If I started with Meganium, like I did before my data was erased, then I wouldn't have any Water types in my party, therefore, space for Octillery.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.