The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Bombshell Version 2.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bombshell Version 2.
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2003 03:22 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is it.

If you don't know why I'm posting this team, check Azure Arena.

I have the capabilites to get everything I need on this team - a max Def/Spec Ditto, a Yellow cart that hasn't caught the birds, and a Mega Memory card for getting Raikou. All I need is the Scope Lens.

Moltres
~Reflect
~Sunny Day
~Fire Blast
~Safeguard
@Charcoal

yeah. fuck yeah. Opening ass-rapist extraordinare. Two SDFBs from Moltres will drop a Rhydon or Golem on the spot, and I'm not even going to go into the overkill potential on 'Wak. Reflect and Safeguard are for if I get any free turns and want some status protection. And in a 3v3, psuedo-passing becomes HUGE.

Kingdra
~Rest
~Curse
~Hydro Pump
~Double-Edge
@Leftovers

My sole Curser is a Water/Dragon. God help me. ah well. It's designed for going a long time - especially if it can get Light Screen from Machamp or Reflect from Moltres coming in.

Donphan
~Rest
~Roar
~Earthquake
~Ancientpower
@Mint Berry

om*g unprotected rest wtf. I've 6-0ed Pikablade with this after it got an AP Boost, so it's not exactly something to be trifled with. I thought about using the original Donaldphan (Rapid Spin over Roar), but I don't switch a lot in a 3v3 environment. So Spikes don't worry me.

Raikou
~Crunch
~Hidden Power Ice (70)
~Thunderbolt
~Reflect
@Scope Lens

This is the biggie. And yes, I inend to go for a legit HP Ice 70 Raikou. I've got five months, so what the fuck. Reflect to save his own ass - and the ass of the rest of the team. Scope Lens for the CH chance.

Machamp
~Cross Chop
~Earthquake
~Fire Blast
~Light Screen
@Blackbelt

The general consensus is that the advanced players are going to be packing a shitload of Normals. I think everyone except Atma is planning on using Snorlax/Curselax. Hence, CC Champ. Light Screen for his own protection.

Alakazam
~Psychic
~Ice Punch
~HP Dark (70)
~Recover
@Darkglasses/Miracleberry

Yeah, yeah, I know, three 10% boosters. Well, they all have a purpose - Moltres is for insane FB damage, Machamp's Blackbelt for Blissey, and Alakazam's HP Dark for P-Trapping Missy and Jynx. If I do get that Scope Lens, I might shift the Miracleberry to Alakazam, but I can't guaranteed two-shot Missy without them. hrm.

The Bench from Hell:

Snorlax:
~Body Slam
~Earthquake
~Fire Blast
~Selfdestruct
@Quick Claw

I'll take Snorlax if I see a lot of physically weak Pokemon and/or Steels early on. He'd probably take Alakazam's slot, with Moltres inheriting a Miraberry so he can Safeguard around leading Sleepers.

Gengar:
~Spite
~Ice Punch
~Confuse Ray
~Mean Look
@Miracleberry

Again, another probable Alakazam replacement - Dongar version 2 will probably sub in if there's a whole lot of Belling going on. Given the nature of 3v3 (every slot counts), though, I doubt it.

Scizor
~Agility
~Swords Dance/Light Screen
~Baton Pass
~Steel Wing
@Miracleberry

This guy can go pretty much anywhere, but will more than likely be passing off to either Donphan or Machamp. Maybe Kingdra if I'm feeling dirty. Light Screen to provide the third bit of protection, and a much needed one. I'm not worried about 00bers, it's things like Alakazam and Growtheons.

edit: Got the Lens on 2/2/03. Pondered adding in Scizor. Rate edited plz.

[ 02-02-2003, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Donald ]

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2003 05:51 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No Heally Bell? Uh-oh spaghettios!

Looks good, but one thing scares me- a Zapdos with T-wave, Whirlwind, T-bolt, and Drill Peck and a Scope Lens.

Machamp gets fucked by Drill Peck because it has neither counter or Rock Slide, Moltres' reflect doesn't help against T-bolt, Donphan could sustain a fair amount of damage, and Gengar can be W-w'd away. Ice punches and HP is nice, but you just don't have anything that *really* screams "Zapdos Killer"

Also, becareful of Moltres' Sunny Day messing with Hyrdo Pump.

Other than that tho, fairly solid.

EDIT: Why not just go with Return on Kingdra, and save your Leftovers? Is 18 more power worth it?

[ 01-29-2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: The Muffin King ]

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2003 09:12 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does Machamp seriously need Fire Blast? I mean, if this team's for that official GSC tourney... there's 5 legendary birds out there that will probably be getting a lot of use. Count on seeing them. I doubt that you'll see a lot of Skarms... and your team is well equipted to deal with it without the extra Fire Blast.

You may also want to find a special attack sponge. I won't say "Blissey" cause you hate the thing.. if they allow oobers, you'll probably want something that can take a special hit or two. Umby might not be a bad idea, if you can find a good use for him that won't completely be a waste against experienced people and yet something effective for the noobs.

Overall, though, it's a nice team.

/end random babbling.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 02-02-2003 11:55 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*points to edited 1st post*

gogogogogo

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2003 07:27 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FINE! LIEK OMG BITCH ILL RATE!

Scizor...hmm..I don't know about steel wing, it just doesn't seem that useful. Also, you might want to consider a pokemon to BP that can actually battle (Psych-Up Espy?) since you'll only have two pokes solely devoted to battling.

Also, I'd go for more accurate attacks on Kingdra and Moltres. And give Scizor SD, Champ already has Light Screen.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.