The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Team I've Been Using For LONG Time

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Team I've Been Using For LONG Time
GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2002 12:06 AM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Raikou
~Thunderbolt
~Crunch
~Reflect
~Rest
<@Leftovers>
He is so important to this team. Passes the reflect on, and gets into many crunching wars with other raikou. A few SD Falls here and there, a well-placed T-Bolt, and Raikou sets the stage for the match.

Cloyster
~Surf
~Explosion
~Spikes
~Ice Beam
<@Leftovers>
I've always been switching cloyster around. I can never find I set that I like, and stay with it. This has been doing well, though, so maybe he is finally set. I learned a good lesson in a match against Sergio today, and that is first chance you get DROP THE DAMN SPIKES DOWN! I had so many chances to drop spikes in our match, but I kept trying to predict him, and get a surf or an ice beam in there, but to no avail.

Marowak
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Rest
~Fire Blast
<@Leftovers>
I'm actually looking to change Marowak around as well. Fire Blast has always worked well for me, and especially now that I see that spikes are rampant(even more so then when I was around 6 months ago), and that means either cloyster or forry most of the time, and forry doesn't expect it at all.

Blissey
~Softboiled
~Sing
~Ice Beam
~Heal Bell
<@Leftovers>
I'm convinced that this is THE best Heal-Belling Blissey set. Supposedly Toxic is real popular now, and I don't see why at all. I'll always prefer a well-placed sleep over a puny toxic. Both usually induce switches, so why not use the more beneficial of the two?

Heracross
~Megahorn
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Earthquake
<@Leftovers>
Along with CurseCounterLax, this is another GP original. I will NEVER change this guy. No Curse for my heracross. I'm going with the rest/sleep talk approach. I've gotten many perish trapping jynx's, eggy's, and t-tars this way.

Skarmory
~Whirlwind
~Rest
~Drill Peck
~Curse
<@Leftovers>
As with Blissey and Heracross, this set is in stone. I don't see why there has been such a huge decline in these things. They are really effective, and not just against curselaxes. they are effective in many different situations.

So, there you have it. I'm looking to get it a little more up to date. The newest trends. I'd like to adjust Marowak and Cloyster a bit. I'd like to know what alternatives there are for these two pokemon, moveset wise, not pokemon replacements. Thanks.

- - - - -
yes, i know i suck.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2002 12:05 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You stole my formatting, you little so-and-so. "lol ban" - CG

Raikou
~Thunderbolt
~Crunch
~Reflect
~Rest
<@Leftovers>
He is so important to this team. Passes the reflect on, and gets into many crunching wars with other raikou. A few SD Falls here and there, a well-placed T-Bolt, and Raikou sets the stage for the match.

How many people have Raikou fights? People with brains either go to a Ground type, or a T-Tar. It's a good set, but the theory's a little messed.

Cloyster
~Surf
~Explosion
~Spikes
~Ice Beam
<@Leftovers>
I've always been switching cloyster around. I can never find I set that I like, and stay with it. This has been doing well, though, so maybe he is finally set. I learned a good lesson in a match against Sergio today, and that is first chance you get DROP THE DAMN SPIKES DOWN! I had so many chances to drop spikes in our match, but I kept trying to predict him, and get a surf or an ice beam in there, but to no avail.

I prefer Reflect over one of the attacks, which can take a little pressure off of Raikou. Then you could swap Roar into Raikou's Reflect spot and have a backup psuedohazer just in case.

Marowak
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Rest
~Fire Blast
<@Leftovers>
I'm actually looking to change Marowak around as well. Fire Blast has always worked well for me, and especially now that I see that spikes are rampant(even more so then when I was around 6 months ago), and that means either cloyster or forry most of the time, and forry doesn't expect it at all.

But Forry still gets the Spikes down/explodes, as Marowak's Special Attack sucks. IIRC, FB from Marowak doesn't OHKO Forry unless you have Sunny Day up. So either drop Fire Blast for 'Dance (if you want to be a cheapass) or Substitute. Or, put Sunny Day in the Rest slot... but that'd be asinine, wiping out recovery for a better shot at three Pokemon.

Blissey
~Softboiled
~Sing
~Ice Beam
~Heal Bell
<@Leftovers>
I'm convinced that this is THE best Heal-Belling Blissey set. Supposedly Toxic is real popular now, and I don't see why at all. I'll always prefer a well-placed sleep over a puny toxic. Both usually induce switches, so why not use the more beneficial of the two?

If it ain't got Light Screen, it's not the best. God, I hate those things. And frankly, the thought of going with a 55% acc. move to force switches frightens me. Every miss = one more Curse or Swords Dance...

Heracross
~Megahorn
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Earthquake
<@Leftovers>
Along with CurseCounterLax, this is another GP original. I will NEVER change this guy. No Curse for my heracross. I'm going with the rest/sleep talk approach. I've gotten many perish trapping jynx's, eggy's, and t-tars this way.

If it ain't broke, your name isn't Peter.

Skarmory
~Whirlwind
~Rest
~Drill Peck
~Curse
<@Leftovers>
As with Blissey and Heracross, this set is in stone. I don't see why there has been such a huge decline in these things. They are really effective, and not just against curselaxes. they are effective in many different situations.

Such as eating physical attacks (exception being Machamp's CC)? You're preaching to the choir.

So, there you have it. I'm looking to get it a little more up to date. The newest trends. I'd like to adjust Marowak and Cloyster a bit. I'd like to know what alternatives there are for these two pokemon, moveset wise, not pokemon replacements. Thanks.

The game hasn't shifted that much since your apparent disappearence, sadly. The only difference is, Prolebot2 has become a major part of the game, and people tend to get more angry if you break a rule. And the Donald-invented, named-after-you GP Clause has become a near standard, so hopefully, we won't be seeing as much of this anymore:

<evilgsbot> _GreenPikachu_ ended the game.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2002 02:34 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm positive I'm not seeing leftovers on marowak. For the love of god, tell me I'm not seeing leftovers...

I prefer ye old defense curl/rollout blissey, just for a good laugh. But your team seems good enough, I don't see any real problems.

Go with Don's suggestion on Cloyster. You might want to try screech as well, not only for switches, but it would benefit most of your team as well.

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2002 05:45 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dump Earthquake from Heracross.

If the best thing he's doing is getting Jynx's, Eggy's and Tyranitars, you'll do it better with Megahorn/Sleep Talk/Rest.

A 50/50 chance of using Megahorn or Sleep Talk is nice from Heracross, and even against most Pokemon Earthquake is super-effective against, Megahorn deals comparative damage.

Plus, it bolsters the accuracy of using Megahorn via Sleep Talk from 28.1% to 42.2%

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2002 09:35 PM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1). Yes, pretend Thick Club is on Marowak. It's just a custom to put Leftovers for me, I must have had a mental lapse.

2). You have very valid points about Reflect on Cloyster for Roar on Raikou, and the Fire Blast on Marowak, and I will most likely switch those 3, but I think I'm going to stick with Sing on Blissey....for now.

Thanks for the rates. Any other ideas for a 4th move on Marowak aside from Sub? I'm sure Sub will work will, but I'm just wondering if there are any other good, sensible options.

- - - - -
yes, i know i suck.

Mister Cant
Farting Nudist
Member # 1414

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2002 10:54 AM      Profile for Mister Cant   Email Mister Cant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can be fucked by one thing, that sucks btw.

Item clause.

I know only fgts use this tho.

- - - - -
~|~Mister Cant-A.K.A-Yue~|~

;x

Trey18
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2984

Rate Member
posted 11-05-2002 12:26 PM      Profile for Trey18   Email Trey18   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On your Wak try out Body Slam/Screech/Icy Wind/Protect as your final move. Body Slam has good strength plus a good par rate. Screech can force switching witch is a plus on spikes teams. Icy Wind can make a Water incoming slower than you. Protect can waste Hydro Pump's PP.
Heracross20
Farting Nudist
Member # 2133

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2002 11:12 PM      Profile for Heracross20   Author's Homepage   Email Heracross20   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if you are referring to the heracross set as if you made it up when you say "gp original" i highly doubt that considering it has gone back for ages.......

- - - - -
*some stupid but funny quote* ;)

From: try to find me *runz* | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2002 10:29 PM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heracross20:
if you are referring to the heracross set as if you made it up when you say "gp original" i highly doubt that considering it has gone back for ages.......

and you're saying i havent?.....that is gone back for ages im referring to.

- - - - -
yes, i know i suck.

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 11-14-2002 06:34 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i personally think Vivi has the best wak set.

MAROWAK @Thick Club
*Earthquake
*Rock Slide
*Curse
*Rest

that's just me...i think curse gives it more potential to survive the entire match.

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-15-2002 11:50 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KINGDRA used HYDRO PUMP!
MAROWAK dies!

Edit: sig

[ 11-15-2002, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Donald ]

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 11-19-2002 11:28 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only thing Curse does is make people go "omg wtf suicune" and sends it out to kick your ass.

And Swords Dance gets it attacking faster.

And Sing is worse than Toxic.

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
PkmnEspeon from PoJo.com
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3204

Member Rated:
posted 01-09-2003 08:38 PM      Profile for PkmnEspeon from PoJo.com        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Marowak@Thick Club
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Swagger

-- Paranoia-Wak. decent in a NickWak-heavy environment because you can use Sawgger to rollover their Marowak's attack stat. [Cool] Swagger also pretends to be decent for setting up against pokemon who dont use their attack stat (IE blissey w/o ice beam). Overmetagamed, but meh...

- - - - -
~ This pile of BS brought to you by: PkmnEspeon from Pojo.com

SSM
Farting Nudist
Member # 3210

Member Rated:
posted 01-15-2003 07:47 PM      Profile for SSM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know why you need reflect on Raikou. Look at your team; you aren't exactly lacking defense. That gives you an oppertunity to set it up as a sleep talker (not nessisary with Blissey but still handy) or an extra psuedohazer (helpful in my opinion). This might sound silly, too, but what happens if you fight a fire pokemon with any decent physical attack? I mean, I know not many people use fire attacks or pokemon, but it seems that any physically decent pokemon with a fire attack can just devour your team. Finally, I'd take off skarmory. It's your own preference, but I just think it's slow, any special move takes it out easily, and it can be replaced by many different pokemon if you desire some sort of take-like defense. You could concider Kangaskhan, who can serve the same as Skarmory but without a bunch of weaknesses and is decent without having to curse up first.

- - - - -
The wacky but lovable shrew.

From: State of Confusion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Green Ranger
Farting Nudist
Member # 3217

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2003 11:31 AM      Profile for Green Ranger   Email Green Ranger   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Raikou
~Thunderbolt
~Crunch
~Reflect
~Rest
<@Leftovers>
He is so important to this team. Passes the reflect on, and gets into many crunching wars with other raikou. A few SD Falls
here and there, a well-placed T-Bolt, and Raikou sets the stage for the match.

Best Raikou set there is.

Cloyster
~Surf
~Explosion
~Spikes
~Ice Beam
<@Leftovers>
I've always been switching cloyster around. I can never find I set that I like, and stay with it. This has been doing well,
though, so maybe he is finally set. I learned a good lesson in a match against Sergio today, and that is first chance you get
DROP THE DAMN SPIKES DOWN! I had so many chances to drop spikes in our match, but I kept trying to predict him, and
get a surf or an ice beam in there, but to no avail.

That set is the best but I'm starting to like Rapid Spin on Cloyster

Marowak
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Rest
~Fire Blast
<@Leftovers>
I'm actually looking to change Marowak around as well. Fire Blast has always worked well for me, and especially now that I
see that spikes are rampant(even more so then when I was around 6 months ago), and that means either cloyster or forry
most of the time, and forry doesn't expect it at all.

I like.

Blissey
~Softboiled
~Sing
~Ice Beam
~Heal Bell
<@Leftovers>
I'm convinced that this is THE best Heal-Belling Blissey set. Supposedly Toxic is real popular now, and I don't see why at all.
I'll always prefer a well-placed sleep over a puny toxic. Both usually induce switches, so why not use the more beneficial of
the two?

Never been a fan of Sing. I like Flamethrower or Light Screen....

Heracross
~Megahorn
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Earthquake
<@Leftovers>
Along with CurseCounterLax, this is another GP original. I will NEVER change this guy. No Curse for my heracross. I'm
going with the rest/sleep talk approach. I've gotten many perish trapping jynx's, eggy's, and t-tars this way.

Sexy.
Skarmory
~Whirlwind
~Rest
~Drill Peck
~Curse
<@Leftovers>
As with Blissey and Heracross, this set is in stone. I don't see why there has been such a huge decline in these things.
They are really effective, and not just against curselaxes. they are effective in many different situations.

Indeed.

Good team yo.

- - - - -
GO GO GREEN RANGER! YOU MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGER!!!!

GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2003 12:43 PM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
actually, the team has changed a bit since I posted this. all the pokemon are the same, but some of the sets, and the order has been switched up.

if i put rapid spin on cloy, BAS, that means no explosion. and explosion > rapid spin.

- - - - -
yes, i know i suck.

Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2003 07:20 PM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GP-Chan:
actually, the team has changed a bit since I posted this. all the pokemon are the same, but some of the sets, and the order has been switched up.

if i put rapid spin on cloy, BAS, that means no explosion. and explosion > rapid spin.

You could out it over surf =-*

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

strifeheart
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3795

Rate Member
posted 04-26-2005 08:45 PM      Profile for strifeheart   Author's Homepage   Email strifeheart   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...decent in a NickWak-heavy environment because you can use Sawgger to rollover their Marowak's attack stat.

Isn't Nickwak the one that has an Attack DV of 13, so as to avoid the attack rollover (and also give it HP Bug)?

- - - - -
Tough choice...but that's exactly why I created the USSR. -- Jolt135

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.