The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » RMT PLZ

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RMT PLZ
Texas_Rep.
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2944

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2002 06:59 AM      Profile for Texas_Rep.   Author's Homepage   Email Texas_Rep.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont post here alot. I mainly hang out over at netbattle. But i hear the people over here are much, much more helpfull, so here ya go.

Areodactle@lefties
EQ
AP
DT
Sub

As you can see i like to shorten my posts. So anyway, this is a pretty good starter. If the opponent lets me set this up (which is common at netbattle), it pwns at least two pokes.

T-Tar@lefties
AP
EQ
crunch
T-bolt

Standerd. T-bolt to get rid of waters.

Draggy@mint bery
Rest
haze
wing attack
horn drill

I seem to have quite a lot of luck w/horn drill. Wing attack 4 STAB. Mintyrest...just because...

Miltank@lefties
body slam
attract
heal bell
milk drink

Paratractor.Since this thing has kicked my @$$ sooooooo many times... I'd figure I'd put it on my side.

Scizor@focus band
Agility
SD
B-pass
Reversal

Passes to miltank. Focus band so i can survive a fire attack and pass whatever it got through to miltank. Reversal just because.

Zapdos@lefties
t-bolt
t-wave
w-wind
d-peck

Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2002 05:59 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
other than 3x ice weakness this team is good, but a well armed nidoking could couse a lot of damage... so get a ice or psy attack in there (not ground unless it marowark)

- - - - -
always expect the unexpected!

I've desidered since I can't get my Nidoking Gorkamorka into R/S he's be killed and reincarnated as a Metagross.

Chrisodeo
Farting Nudist
Member # 2855

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2002 06:27 PM      Profile for Chrisodeo   Author's Homepage   Email Chrisodeo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not to mention Quaggy or Champ, which pwnz this team like Atma pwnz bannage.

4x Ice weakness [Eek!]
3x Fighting weakness
3x Rock weakness
2x Water Weakness

If you negate the weaknesses, yeah, this is good. I'm not so sure it'll work out that way.

- - - - -
1) Get hit by a car.
2) Sue.
(It's OK if you don't survive step 1, at least your money problems will be over) - Footitch

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2002 07:02 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Give Scizor Black Belt. If you actually leave it out against a fire type..... Though you may want to consider using Scyther and switching Agility for Endure... Scyther gets killed faster too [Razz]

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

WaterBomb
Farting Nudist
Member # 3038

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2002 09:38 PM      Profile for WaterBomb   Author's Homepage   Email WaterBomb   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Texas_Rep.:

Areodactle@lefties
EQ
AP
DT
Sub

T-Tar@lefties
AP
EQ
crunch
T-bolt

Standerd. T-bolt to get rid of waters.

Draggy@mint bery
Rest
haze
wing attack
horn drill

I seem to have quite a lot of luck w/horn drill. Wing attack 4 STAB. Mintyrest...just because...

Miltank@lefties
body slam
attract
heal bell
milk drink

Paratractor.Since this thing has kicked my @$$ sooooooo many times... I'd figure I'd put it on my side.

Scizor@focus band
Agility
SD
B-pass
Reversal

Passes to miltank. Focus band so i can survive a fire attack and pass whatever it got through to miltank. Reversal just because.

Zapdos@lefties
t-bolt
t-wave
w-wind
d-peck

Aero - good, but consider WW or Reflect over DT, since a good trainer will not let you set up.

T-Tar - Ditch T-Bolt for Roar. Sure, you may be able to damage water types, but you would take too much damage from Surf in the process.

Dragonite - Meh, iffy. I dislike Draggy, but I suppose it works. Try T-Wave over Haze?

Miltank - Standard Paratractor, but you might want a second Quaker or even Shadow Ball if you want to be different.

Scizor - Simply doesn't have the speed for Reversal. Give it HP Bug instead ;D.

Zapdos - Good, but you may want Reflect if you don't put it on Aero. If you take my advice with Aero, you can leave this set as is. Maybe Rest in there if you are comfortable with Restbell.

- - - - -
Able to leap tall shrubberies in a single bound!

From: Corporate Shithole of America...aka Northern Virginia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Texas_Rep.
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2944

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2002 08:38 AM      Profile for Texas_Rep.   Author's Homepage   Email Texas_Rep.   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Aero - good, but consider WW or Reflect over DT, since a good trainer will not let you set up.

I know that. But the main reason i put sub+dt there is that there is curently a bug in the program to where haze/ww/roar cant get through sub. So i'm taking advantage of it! [Razz]

- - - - -
n00b to the site, vet to the game...

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2002 09:13 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're screwed against special-based teams. The Ice and Water weaknesses don't help very much. At least you've got physical covered, which is all you need on GSBot, but heaven help you if your opponent manages to BP to Machamp and you don't have Aero.

Whirlwind belongs on Aero (who can switch in against Cursers) not Zapdos (who'll die). Give Zapdos a Hidden Power. lolff..if Double Team can't hit through Sub, then I'd give your entire team DT, Sub, Rest and some attack..

Reversal is next to useless without Endure, and relying on Focus Band is like relying on all of your opponent's moves missing due to 99.6% acc. I'd give Tyranitar Fire Blast over Tbolt as you need a Fire move for this team. Drop Attract on Miltank for Psyche Up..given your Ice/Water problem you need to keep it well away from the front lines and have it charged up if it comes in.

Seriously though, if NetBattle is that b0rked, then my team would be all DT/Sub/Rest, with one attack per Poke. Take three Baton Passers (Umbreon, Scizor and Vaporeon sound good), three tanks (Kingdra with Ice Beam and Mysteryberry, Snorlax with Body Slam and one other, Mewtwo if you can get away with it) and just kick everything's ass.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
WaterBomb
Farting Nudist
Member # 3038

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2002 11:04 AM      Profile for WaterBomb   Author's Homepage   Email WaterBomb   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Texas_Rep.:

I know that. But the main reason i put sub+dt there is that there is curently a bug in the program to where haze/ww/roar cant get through sub. So i'm taking advantage of it! [Razz]

Um, that's not a bug. Roar and WW have accuracy ratings, so DT affects them. I dunno about Haze though. Haze shouldn't be affected by DT AT ALL, unless the stupid netbattlers put an accuracy on it too. If they have, you should let them know about it.

- - - - -

From: Corporate Shithole of America...aka Northern Virginia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2002 10:29 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, that's not a bug. Roar and WW have accuracy ratings, so DT affects them.

He wasn't talking about DT, he was talking about Substitute.

Speaking of DT/Rest/Sub, Dreadite must be having a right laugh right about now given that I just recommended The Strategy That Never Worked..

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
WaterBomb
Farting Nudist
Member # 3038

Member Rated:
posted 09-06-2002 05:30 PM      Profile for WaterBomb   Author's Homepage   Email WaterBomb   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I noticed that, like, immediately after I said it, and was too lazy to edit post.

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.