The Azure Heights Forum


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Reality is Overrated: Two for One RMT Special

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reality is Overrated: Two for One RMT Special
Rain Dance
Farting Nudist
Member # 173

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2002 07:50 AM      Profile for Rain Dance   Email Rain Dance   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahem. See the topic. Just remember I'm going senile in my old gaming age...

Team Pika: Underused insanity is always fun. Especially when I'm using it. We all remember the 00tachi of Doom, don't we? The team tends to play to my more recent styles of online play, straight blitzkrieg with both barrels blazing.

Dodrio:
-Drill Peck
-Frustration
-Haze
-Steel Wing
>Leftovers

Ahem. You can't laugh at 318 Attack and 298 Speed. Yes, he has a good deal to fear out of the box, but he's a decent enough opening assault platform. Steel Wing and Haze are what they always have been; fillers. Haze can be used to b0rk opening BTers, though. I've considered a Drill Peck/Flail/Endure/Agility set. Problem is that requires too much setup and is fucked by paralysis or the opening Jolteon.

Pinsir:
-AP Bug
-Swords Dance
-Double-Edge
-Submission
>Leftovers

Self-explanatory, isn't it? Submission is pure filler. Suggestions are always welcome. I've considered Guillotine, but...meh. Something to be test-played.

Gligar:
-Earthquake
-Screech
-Guillotine
-Wing Attack
>Leftovers

Closest thing to a standard for the little guy as there is. Considered Counter or Sandstorm over Screech, but Screech has had its uses. Opinions?

Golduck:
-Cross Chop
-Psychic
-Surf
-Ice Beam
>Leftovers

Meh.

Herugaa:
-Fire Blast
-Clear Skies
-Counter
-Crunch
>Charcoal

Pure stopping power. Suggest changing FB and Charcoal and you'll have your balls eaten off by a squirrel. Herugaa's 318 SA is wasted on Flamethrower, as the PP advantage usually won't matter due to his frailness.

Pikachu:
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-AP Ice
-Thunder Wave
>Light Ball

Ahem. Let the laughing commence. But how can you not love that 396 SA? 48 points higher than Zappy, with 278 Speed...granted, he's not the best, but he's not the worse, either. Of course, his HP and defensive stats make Herugaa look like a tank, but meh...

And now for Part II...

Team UnLuck: I figured I'd fool the Luck Gods by naming it that. Somehow, it seems to be working. At any rate, this is the crew that gets dragged out to deal with the people who insecently(I know I mispelled it, but I don't feel like getting my dictionary out...) message you and say "battle". That and the occasional plebe who I think needs to be taken care and Team Pika can't cut it. Also, please note, I'm looking more general tweaks in the overall effectiveness of the team; I mean, some of the sets are debatable, but they all work...

Snorlax:
-Substitute
-Fissure
-Sleepwalk
-Rest
>Leftovers

Let the b0rkage begin. It's funny seeing this thing go for half-an-hour and nail three Pogeyman. Actually, it's funny just seeing this thing work.

Tauros:
-Horn Drill
-Fissure
-Sleepwalk
-Rest
>Leftovers

Bah. I feel dirty having to use this. But it's the best at what it does...well, second best...

Mew:
-Horn Drill
-Fissure
-Sleepwalk
-Rest
>Leftovers

I feel even dirtier using this.

Nidoking:
-Horn Drill
-Fissure
-Sleepwalk
-Rest
>Leftovers

Repitition of the Fishros set is necessary to ensure the kill.

Dragonite:
-Horn Drill
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
>Leftovers

Support, really. Besides, SOMEONE had to have dmaage dealing attacks...

Slowbro:
-Fissure
-Surf
-Psychic
-Thunder Wave
>Leftovers

See Draggy.

[ 09-02-2002, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Rain Dance ]

- - - - -
Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and Han Solo are sitting around playing a not-so-friendly game of M:TG. Vader Fireballs Solo for the kill, Fett counters, and says "He's no good to me dead." -- A thought when I was really bored.

Give Bowser his own video game! Sign the petition now!
http://www.petitiononline.com/gbhovg/petition.html
Current signatories: 21

From: Camden, Delaware, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2002 12:24 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahem. See the topic. Just remember I'm going senile in my old gaming age...

Team Pika: Underused insanity is always fun. Especially when I'm using it. We all remember the 00tachi of Doom, don't we? The team tends to play to my more recent styles of online play, straight blitzkrieg with both barrels blazing.

Dodrio:
-Drill Peck
-Frustration
-Haze
-Steel Wing
>Leftovers

Ahem. You can't laugh at 318 Attack and 298 Speed. Yes, he has a good deal to fear out of the box, but he's a decent enough opening assault platform. Steel Wing and Haze are what they always have been; fillers. Haze can be used to b0rk opening BTers, though. I've considered a Drill Peck/Flail/Endure/Agility set. Problem is that requires too much setup and is fucked by paralysis or the opening Jolteon.

I kinda prefer AP Ground on Dodrios for incoming Electrics... though Steel Wing does have that secksee Defense-up side effect. If SW isn't doing the job, like I said, give Ground Power a shot.

Pinsir:
-AP Bug
-Swords Dance
-Double-Edge
-Submission
>Leftovers

Self-explanatory, isn't it? Submission is pure filler. Suggestions are always welcome. I've considered Guillotine, but...meh. Something to be test-played.

There's not much else, and since Gligar is packing Guillotine already, you're at risk of violating OHKO clause.

Gligar:
-Earthquake
-Screech
-Guillotine
-Wing Attack
>Leftovers

Closest thing to a standard for the little guy as there is. Considered Counter or Sandstorm over Screech, but Screech has had its uses. Opinions?

Gligar needs Screech, because his attack is quite disappointing. And Guillotine is fugly, but hey, you knew that already.

Golduck:
-Cross Chop
-Psychic
-Surf
-Ice Beam
>Leftovers

Meh.

No Psych Up? Perhaps over Psychic...

Herugaa:
-Fire Blast
-Clear Skies
-Counter
-Crunch
>Charcoal

Pure stopping power. Suggest changing FB and Charcoal and you'll have your balls eaten off by a squirrel. Herugaa's 318 SA is wasted on Flamethrower, as the PP advantage usually won't matter due to his frailness.

Indeed. Sadly, there's no room for Curse. Maybe give Pursuit a shot over Crunch for nailing Psykers on the switch.

Pikachu:
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-AP Ice
-Thunder Wave
>Light Ball

Ahem. Let the laughing commence. But how can you not love that 396 SA? 48 points higher than Zappy, with 278 Speed...granted, he's not the best, but he's not the worse, either. Of course, his HP and defensive stats make Herugaa look like a tank, but meh...

Give him some Agility and let him loose.

And now for Part II...

Team UnLuck: I figured I'd fool the Luck Gods by naming it that. Somehow, it seems to be working. At any rate, this is the crew that gets dragged out to deal with the people who insecently(I know I mispelled it, but I don't feel like getting my dictionary out...) message you and say "battle". That and the occasional plebe who I think needs to be taken care and Team Pika can't cut it. Also, please note, I'm looking more general tweaks in the overall effectiveness of the team; I mean, some of the sets are debatable, but they all work...

Snorlax:
-Substitute
-Fissure
-Sleepwalk
-Rest
>Leftovers

Let the b0rkage begin. It's funny seeing this thing go for half-an-hour and nail three Pogeyman. Actually, it's funny just seeing this thing work.

Nasty-ass starter.

Tauros:
-Horn Drill
-Fissure
-Sleepwalk
-Rest
>Leftovers

Bah. I feel dirty having to use this. But it's the best at what it does...well, second best...

gawd...

Mew:
-Horn Drill
-Fissure
-Sleepwalk
-Rest
>Leftovers

I feel even dirtier using this.

As you should, you silly nut.

Nidoking:
-Horn Drill
-Fissure
-Sleepwalk
-Rest
>Leftovers

Repitition of the Fishros set is necessary to ensure the kill.

Can you GET any fuglier? Still, I like my OHKO whores with Lovely Kiss, and possibly Substitute to prevent getting nailed on the other end.

Dragonite:
-Horn Drill
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
>Leftovers

Support, really. Besides, SOMEONE had to have dmaage dealing attacks...

I'd give him a physical attack (Dynamicpunch to continue the unluck theme?) for Blisseys et al.

Slowbro:
-Fissure
-Surf
-Psychic
-Thunder Wave
>Leftovers

See Draggy.

:thumbsup:

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged


All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem


The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.