The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Intresting but probably somewhat n00bish Umbreon...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Intresting but probably somewhat n00bish Umbreon...
Devious
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3005

Rate Member
posted 08-30-2002 09:24 PM      Profile for Devious   Email Devious   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umbreon@Mysteryberry
Mean Look
Toxic
Charm
Moonlight

Charm is breedable to Eevee, so I snuff out the main problem of Umbreon's (Machamp). This is what I call a Toxicstaller. Umbreon can easily last three or four Pokémon's Toxic without receiving much damage and recovering HP. Mysteryberry is for the PP. I was thinking of Confuse Ray, but Confuse Ray wears off and doesn't double every move, and it conflicts with Charm. Umbreon is meant to wear down the opponent.

- - - - -
Tentacruel and Luigi

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2002 09:29 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devious:
Umbreon@Mysteryberry
Mean Look
Toxic
Charm
Moonlight

Charm is breedable to Eevee, so I snuff out the main problem of Umbreon's (Machamp). This is what I call a Toxicstaller. Umbreon can easily last three or four Pokémon's Toxic without receiving much damage and recovering HP. Mysteryberry is for the PP. I was thinking of Confuse Ray, but Confuse Ray wears off and doesn't double every move, and it conflicts with Charm. Umbreon is meant to wear down the opponent.

Yeah, but there's two problems:

1) Psuedo-hazing Steel types. They'll switch into Mean Look, laugh at you, and then Roar/Whirlwind you away.

2) Cross Chop CHs like a mofo. And a CH would ignore all of your Charms.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Devious
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3005

Rate Member
posted 08-30-2002 09:40 PM      Profile for Devious   Email Devious   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hrr, I also noticed that any rester or substituter completely screws Umbreon...but Umby here can beat a lot of other Pokemon.

- - - - -
Tentacruel and Luigi

Dmaster
Farting Nudist
Member # 1653

posted 08-31-2002 05:30 AM      Profile for Dmaster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devious:
Umbreon@Mysteryberry
Mean Look
Toxic
Charm
Moonlight

This moveset would have been something a some months ago, but many trainers use this already.
Good thinking though!! [Cool]

The real moveset is this.

Umbreon_@Leftovers
Charm
Mean-look
Toxic
Rest

Leftovers is a most. Guys it more staying power.Especially with his kick ass stats.

Yes this set is easily countered by resting pokes, but that is still effective.

For instance, raikou is the best reflecter out there. But if you got the chance of trapping it, you'll be able to force it to sleep.

Allowing physical attacks to take advantage.

However, this set trulely belongs only in stadium battles. With item clause.

[ 09-08-2002, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Dmaster ]

- - - - -
Why Am I always last to know everything

From: B`Ham/United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.