The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Crazy Hooked-Up Baton Passing

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crazy Hooked-Up Baton Passing
Attackofthedittos
Farting Nudist
Member # 2974

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2002 12:40 PM      Profile for Attackofthedittos     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr.Mime
@Leftovers
Substitute
Barrier
Baton Pass
Psychic

Girafarig
@Leftovers
Amnesia
Baton Pass
Psychic
Crunch

Vaporeon
@Nevermeltice
Double Team
Baton Pass
Surf
Ice Beam

Umbreon
Mean Look
Baton pass
Bite
Shadow Ball

Smeargle
@Charcoal
Growth
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Flamethrower

Scizor
@Metal Coat/Sharp Beak/Leftovers
Agility
Baton pass
Metal Claw
Wing Attack

- - - - -
Oh, you're so much better than my man!
-Junior Trainer in RBY

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2002 06:13 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr Mime: I'm not so sure this is good. Set's fine, but it's pretty much unneeded. Makes a 3x bug weakness, meaning heracross will destroy this since he can take any psychic but mewtwo with 1 megahorn IIRC, and girafarig and mime won't do enough with psychic, especially since most of them have rest. Might want something like jolteon with agility and T-bolt over psychic and barrier.

Girafarig: Earthquake over crunch since you have no other ground move.

Vaporeon: Needs rest. I'd also put DT on umby and acid armor on vap if you use Jolt. Should have surf, rest, AA, BP.

Umbreon: I'd give him DT and vap AA as said before. Keep mean look and BP, add DT and moonlight over the other 2.

Smeargle: He DOES NOT ATTACK. Not without set damage moves, and he NEEDS spore. Put it over flamethrower.

Scizor: You've got everything you need passed, so go all out with return, steel wing, HP bug/HP rock, BP (just to keep the chain going)

Overall: These types of teams are always interesting, but yours will be difficult to pull off. Use what I said, switch in smeargle ONLY after trap and DT from umby, get a hit on roarers every time they roar you, and you should be ok. And give up on smeargles that use moves other that set damage/OHKOs. They don't work. I realize this one had growth for flamethrower, but stop trying to make it into a sweeper. It's a support poke, and there's no excuse for passing up a 100% accurate sleep move, especially on someone as fragile as smeargle. Good luck with this.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Attackofthedittos
Farting Nudist
Member # 2974

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2002 12:15 AM      Profile for Attackofthedittos     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Updated

Girafarig
@Twisted Spoon
Amnesia
Agility
Baton Pass
Earthquake

New Hera strategy: BP off to one of two pokes: Flareon to resist bug or Espeon to resist Psychic

Espeon
@Twisted Spoon
Morning Sun
Baton Pass
Psychic
Psych Up

Spoon to be bigger hammer

Flareon
@Charcoal
Return
Flamethrower
Baton Pass
Sunny Day

Coal and Sunny Day to power Fthrower. Sday also to power Espy's and Umbry's healing moves

Vaporeon
@Mint Berry
Acid Armor
Rest
Baton Pass
Surf

BPs AA

Umbreon
@Leftovers
Mean Look
Double Team
Baton Pass
Moonlight

Smeargle
@Leftovers
Growth
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Spore

With no healing move, Smearg needs Lefties

- - - - -
Oh, you're so much better than my man!
-Junior Trainer in RBY

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.