The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Why Skarmory?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why Skarmory?
Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2002 03:08 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i see Scarmory a lot as a whiwinder. why not Aerodactly insted? (there proberly a good reason for this but i don't see it)

- - - - -
always expect the unexpected!

I've desidered since I can't get my Nidoking Gorkamorka into R/S he's be killed and reincarnated as a Metagross.

KumoriKenshi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2462

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2002 03:57 PM      Profile for KumoriKenshi   Author's Homepage   Email KumoriKenshi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe because Skarmory has 378 defense, and is part steel, therefore resistant against a variety of types. Basicly, Skarmory can Whirwind and LIVE alot better than Aerodactyl can.

- - - - -
[Signature deleted due to absurd length]

From: On a chair in front of my computer | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2002 04:14 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Plus, Aero's speed is too important to waste by Whirlwinding.

Skarm's not that fast to begin with, and it's got Curse most of the time ANYWAY, so...

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2002 05:20 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Plus, Aero's speed is too important to waste by Whirlwinding.

Not if you teach it Curse.

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chrisodeo
Farting Nudist
Member # 2855

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2002 05:54 PM      Profile for Chrisodeo   Author's Homepage   Email Chrisodeo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let me rephrase that: Aero's speed is too good to waste on Speed-dropping moves. He's what, 2nd in the entire game?! Curse does raise his attack and defense, but is it really worth it?
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2002 06:32 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was only pointing out that if you wanted to use Whirlwind on it, it would be a good idea to use Curse on it as well. I personally would never put Curse on it.

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trebor
Farting Nudist
Member # 2988

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2002 06:40 PM      Profile for Trebor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your better off having anceint power and hoping for boosts that way, but i hate curse on fastish pokes, its a waste.

Aeros speed is joint second with:

Jolteon, Crobat and Mewtwo on 130 base. [Big Grin]

- - - - -
!TREBOR!

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2002 08:50 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Despite the annoying Fire weakness, Skarm's more useful overall, and takes hits from the Cursers he tries to get rid of with a lot less pain. People do use Aero, it's just that Skarm works better as a tank if you're forced to use it in an offensive role. Aero's more for fast-attack, for switching in and out due to how fragile it is, but simply isn't on the same level as a Cursed up Skarm (even if said Aero had Curse) IMHO.

That being said, I might try Aero on my next team if the FMBT rules don't become standard (as I'll need a Heal Beller with recovery to back it up).

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2002 05:10 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thanks for teaching me the way of Skarmory!

- - - - -
always expect the unexpected!

I've desidered since I can't get my Nidoking Gorkamorka into R/S he's be killed and reincarnated as a Metagross.

Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2002 06:20 PM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aerodactyl is actually an AMAZING addition to a TSS team. His speed and attack help him pick off a lot of the weakened pokemon, but as Cat Gonk said, he needs serious back-up.

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2002 08:28 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, Aerodactyl can work OK as an alternative to Donphan. I was having problems resting with Donphan, and if he did get the Rest in he'd have to rest at half HP and it'd get him about one more hit in. Aerodactyl, however, can Rest whenever he feels like it. I might just give him Wing Attack over Earthquake though, as he just plain can't take electrics. Not that Donphan can take many HP Ice hits... So only use Aerodactyl over Donphan if you've got something else to take electrics, I have Ampharos w/ Fire Punch and Exeggutor for non-Zappys. And I can always take it with something else... In short, only use him for said purposes under special circumstances. Anyways...
Aerodactyl @ Mint Berry
Ancient Power
Earthquake
Rest
Whirlwind

Boy, I'm original...

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2002 09:48 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought the reason people took Donphan was to completely fuck JoltWak and Spikes.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.