The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Yet another Team. You know the drill

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yet another Team. You know the drill
Attackofthedittos
Farting Nudist
Member # 2974

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2002 08:02 AM      Profile for Attackofthedittos     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meganium
@Leftovers
Giga Drain
Earthquake
Light Screen
Reflect

Psuedo-passer, and also can handle Starmie and Gengar leads that are popular amongst many trainers

Kangaskhan
@Blackbelt
Substitute
Reversal
Earthquake
Mimic

Nifty little sub-reversal combo that gets stronger as you go, and mimic usually gets me a good move (I once got a girafarig's crunch and decimated 6-0)

Arcanine
@Polkadot Bow
Curse
Extremespeed
Fire Blast
Earthquake

General hammer. Like the Exspeed-curse combo

Suicune
@Leftovers
Sunny Day
Surf
Blizzard
Mirror Coat

I've listed this set before. Sunny Day can also power up Arcanine's FB

Misdreavus
@Focus Band
Curse
Pain Split
Mean Look
Shadow Ball/Psychic

ML, Curse, then PS the damage lost from curse

Machamp
@Mint Berry
Submission
Rest
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Sweeper. Mintyrest to recover from Submission

- - - - -
Oh, you're so much better than my man!
-Junior Trainer in RBY

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2002 08:40 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meganium: I've never seen anyone lead with starmie or gengar. Maybe sleep powder, swords dance, synthesis, body slam @ miracleberry. Sleep powder their lead first turn, SD on the switch, go from there. Possibly reflect, counter, giga drain, quake too, for cursers and marowak, but I wouldn't.

Kanga: Might work, but I still prefer the standard para-attracter.

Arcanine: I'm pretty sure he can't get earthquake. Crunch or safeguard over it, although I'd much rather have a moltres.

Suicune: NO! NO! NO! with sunny day, surf won't do anything worthwhile, blizzard is 70% accurate. You don't have a curser or roarer, so try curse, roar, rest, return.

Missy: Either protect in the last slot, use the standard perish trapper (I wouldn't), or try swagger, psych-up, shadow ball/return, pain split.

Machamp: Cross chop over submission.

Overall: I don't think this'll do very well. you have a couple pokes that are ok, but the rest of the movesets are crap. zapdos will be a problem for this team, considering most people tend to drill peck suicune first to see if it has mirror coat. Decent type balance, but other than that, not too great.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Prostinator
Farting Nudist
Member # 1742

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2002 12:18 PM      Profile for The Prostinator     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meganium
@Leftovers
Giga Drain
Earthquake
Light Screen
Reflect

This set is absolute garbage. The only set worth using is Giga Drain(eq works too)/Counter/Reflect/ and then minty rest, synthesis, or something to recover damage. With reflect up, a fully powered up marowak cannot ohko it, and counter would finish it, a skarmory would get countered for the kill, I'm pretty sure snorlax can't ohko it either (and would in turn get countered). It takes out standards like magic, but the trick is trying to recover the damage later. Heal belling is usually the only way to do it. Definetely not a starter.

Kangaskhan
@Blackbelt
Substitute
Reversal
Earthquake
Mimic

If you've actually used this on gsbot or game boy or something vs real people who may or may not know what they're doing, then keep it. Otherwise, it looks awfully suspect to me. Try Curse/Attract/Dizzy Punch/Minty Rest (female) if you want something nonstandardy.

Arcanine
@Polkadot Bow
Curse
Extremespeed
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Can't learn eq. give it safeguard

Suicune
@Leftovers
Sunny Day
Surf
Blizzard
Mirror Coat

Why would you give this sunny day? I don't even understand. It gives solar the one turn deal, it makes your best attack move (surf) do half damage...what are you thinking?

Misdreavus
@Focus Band
Curse
Pain Split
Mean Look
Shadow Ball/Psychic

"swagger, psych-up, shadow ball/return, pain" split do that, and for fun, make it your starter. (probably shadowball)

Machamp
@Mint Berry
Subm

From: Amherst, MA, United States of America | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Prostinator
Farting Nudist
Member # 1742

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2002 12:22 PM      Profile for The Prostinator     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meganium
@Leftovers
Giga Drain
Earthquake
Light Screen
Reflect

This set is absolute garbage. The only set worth using is Giga Drain(eq works too)/Counter/Reflect/ and then minty rest, synthesis, or something to recover damage. With reflect up, a fully powered up marowak cannot ohko it, and counter would finish it, a skarmory would get countered for the kill, I'm pretty sure snorlax can't ohko it either (and would in turn get countered). It takes out standards like magic, but the trick is trying to recover the damage later. Heal belling is usually the only way to do it. Definetely not a starter.

Kangaskhan
@Blackbelt
Substitute
Reversal
Earthquake
Mimic

If you've actually used this on gsbot or game boy or something vs real people who may or may not know what they're doing, then keep it. Otherwise, it looks awfully suspect to me. Try Curse/Attract/Dizzy Punch/Minty Rest (female) if you want something nonstandardy.

Arcanine
@Polkadot Bow
Curse
Extremespeed
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Can't learn eq. give it safeguard

Suicune
@Leftovers
Sunny Day
Surf
Blizzard
Mirror Coat

Why would you give this sunny day? I don't even understand. It gives solar the one turn deal, it makes your best attack move (surf) do half damage...what are you thinking?

Misdreavus
@Focus Band
Curse
Pain Split
Mean Look
Shadow Ball/Psychic

"swagger, psych-up, shadow ball/return, pain" split do that, and for fun, make it your starter. (probably shadowball)

Machamp
@Mint Berry
Submission
Rest
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Submission? are you joking?

- - - - -
Who writes them gangsta hits?

From: Amherst, MA, United States of America | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.