The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » BP Chains

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BP Chains
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2002 01:57 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if anyone came up with this before, and if someone posted this already I apologize.

Quite a while ago, I tried a different approach to Baton Pass. Instead of having one pokemon Baton Passing to a marowak to finish off a team, I made the entire team have Baton pass. This is what I came up with:

Flareon:
Baton Pass
Substitute

Vaporeon:
Baton Pass
Acid Armor

Jolteon:
Baton Pass
Agility

Espeon:
Baton Pass
Psych up? (I don't remember what was here)

Umbreon:
Baton Pass
Mean Look

Eevee:
Baton Pass
Focus Energy

So instead of switching and destroying the chain, you simply Baton pass to a pokemon that is capable of taking it out. But this didn't work out too well however, since lack of recover and lack of a roar made things difficult.

I don't expect this strategy to become famous, I'm just hoping that it jumpstarts your little minds into thinking of new and different strategies (even though they don't always work out!)

So admire, think, and post any strategies of your own. Comments are mandatory [Wink]

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2002 02:26 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All pokes have Baton Pass (DUH).

Umbreon
Mean Look
Double Team

Jolteon
Agility
Substitute

Vaporeon
Acid Armor

Girafarig
Amnesia

Scyther
Swords Dance

Smeargle
Baton Pass/Spore/Growth/Recover

NOONE BPs Growth, leading to an extremely unpleasant surprise for your enemy. After Mean Look, Agility, Acid Armor, Sub, DT, Amnesia, and Spore, I think it's safe to say Smeargle will get his 6 turns in. I think it's also safe to say you'll kick any Hazer's or Roarer's asses depending on your move selections. Noone else even stands a chance. Roar can tear it apart early, but all you have to do is make sure you get a hit in every time it roars you [Wink] If you can make it work, you'll kick ass. Let's look at stat-up levels again:

Attack: 6
Defense: 6
Special Attack: 6
Special Defense: 6
Speed: 2 (All you need)
Evasion: 6

HAZE THIS!

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2002 01:22 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been working on a all-BP Shiny Eeveelution team for some time now. I finished two of the team members at L100...

Vaporeon
Acid Armor
Substitute
Surf
BP

Umbreon
Mean Look
Toxic
Moonlight
BP

The rest of the team would have looked much like the original post...Umbreon's ability to pin down Hazers made the prospect of keeping the BP chain going much more likely.

I should have finished by now, but Shiny Eevees take some time to breed, and I got sidetracked on a two-month-long Shiny Pichu breeding kick, so...

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2002 12:52 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only way for Umby to avoid Skarm and co. is for Vap' to BP Whirlpool to it and let it go from there.

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.