The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Best water?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best water?
Trebor
Farting Nudist
Member # 2988

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 12:54 PM      Profile for Trebor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which is the best water in the game?

I am trying to wadd one into my team, but am unsure which one to use. I am leaning towards starmie atm, but there are loads of others to choose from too, who would you pick out of the following?:

Vaporeon, Starmie, Suicine, Kingdra, cloyster, Lapras

Can any of them learn a fire type attacking move?

- - - - -
!TREBOR!

Triple C
Colonel Cock Chomper
Member # 6

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 01:02 PM      Profile for Triple C     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the Move Tutor can give Octillery Flamethrower. [Cool]
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 01:45 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gyarados, Slowbro, Slowking, Octillery and I think Lapras can all use Fire attacks.

Of that list, I'd pick Starmie or Kingdra. I like Slowbro and Slowking too, though. Octillery is a bit slow and has poor defences. [Smile]
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trebor
Farting Nudist
Member # 2988

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 03:31 PM      Profile for Trebor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
k, thanks. These are the movesets, are they ok?

Starmie @ leftovers:
Thunder Wave
Thunder Bolt
Surf
Recover

Kingdra @ mintberry:
Dragon Breath
Ice Beam
Rest
Double Team

- - - - -
!TREBOR!

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 04:16 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Use that last one if you want people to have a strong desire to kill you.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Trebor
Farting Nudist
Member # 2988

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 04:48 PM      Profile for Trebor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You mean because of double team? i was also considering curse over double team, but i prefer annoyance [Smile] . I hate all this clause cr*p, its pointless IMO. If it is in the game and not illegal (i.e. game sharked) let it be used.

Everything has a counter. stat changers like double team can be removed in one attack, i.e. whirlwind/Roar/Haze or Psyche up if u want to copy it, so anyone who is annoyed at me or anyone else using them just get a roarer and you stop the tactic in one go. Each tactic has good points and bad points

Roar/Haze bts Baton Pass
Baton Pass bts OObers who only have attacking moves and no stat changers
OObers bt Hazers and roarers
Rest Bell bts Anything without recovering moves
Parattracatfusion bts baton pass

Each tactic will be beaten, its just luck whether your team is capable of defending against a certain strategy, since you can not easily cover all strategies with one team.

It is finding the right mixture that works. [Big Grin]

[ 08-14-2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Trebor ]

- - - - -
!TREBOR!

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 05:31 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's see you punch through 5 00bers and a Blissey.
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 05:35 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why would anyone have a Lugia without Curse?

- - - - -
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"

Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 06:18 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
there is no "best water" becuse they are very varid and the one to chose is the one that will most help the rest of your team.

- - - - -
always expect the unexpected!

I've desidered since I can't get my Nidoking Gorkamorka into R/S he's be killed and reincarnated as a Metagross.

Trebor
Farting Nudist
Member # 2988

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 09:03 PM      Profile for Trebor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SDShamsel, i beat 6 00bers with a swords dance, double team and agility passed on a scizor. I then passed that to T'tar and took out my friends 00ber legendaries easily. A curselax with agility passed to it would also take out any 00bers, and would cope without agility.

A lugia without curse has been done:

Aeroblast
EQ
Recover
Psychic/Surf/Thunderbolt/ice beam.

If you prefer to get STAB off psychic, one of the best attacking moves in the game since it lowers the defensive attribute it is attacking, then curse isnt really needed, since it will only boost one of his attacks, his already very high defence and slow him down when he is already quite quick, losing him an advantage that he has over all the other 00bers apart from M2.

And it would be beatable even with curse, eventually.

I wasnt saying that in all cases a stragtegy will win over another strategy everytime, luck is often involved in some strategies and if you are unlucky even the best strategy will fail.

I was asking for the best water in your opinion, should have made that clearer. I was mainly referring to their versatility and how often they are used in teams...

[ 08-14-2002, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Trebor ]

- - - - -
!TREBOR!

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 09:49 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Were you better than your friend?

If two people of equal skill fought each other, one with massive 00ber's and one without, the 00ber team tends to win.

The reason you won that match is probably because your friend got caught off guard. What Baton Passer short of Umbreon can stand up to the offensive might of a Mewtwo? Scizor gets Flamethrowered. Farfetch'd? Girafarig? Jolteon? And why wasn't he using Thunder Waves to slow you down? What of Substitutes? Barriers? Amnesias?

In short, your win was the exception, not the rule. Teams with 00bers tend to win more often against teams without 00bers rather than the other way around. I mean, could you imagine Baton Passing to a Mewtwo? Just with one Swords Dance, Mewtwo can basically slaughter anything.

Trebor
Farting Nudist
Member # 2988

Member Rated:
posted 08-15-2002 08:16 AM      Profile for Trebor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thts why i said OObers without stat enhancing moves.

Plus i had an umbreon. He can withstand pretty much anything apart from a standrad machamp, which my friend didnt have cus he was using OObers.

Thunderwave to slow me down would only have worked if i didnt OHKO most of his pokes.

My scizor did die, to his Ho-oH, but i had already killed his one poke that stood a chance of beating T'tar so i was safe.

Ignore what i said about the strategies, but just accept that every tactic and strategy can be countered, so dont moan at people for using double team.

[ 08-15-2002, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Trebor ]

- - - - -
!TREBOR!

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2002 12:20 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So I'm going to use 00bers and not give them stat-enhancers, just because I want to lose.

- - - - -

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2002 08:20 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dare anyone say that they could defeat my all-Mewtwo team without a team specifically designed to do so (i.e. 6 SD/Softboiled/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Mews).

Mewtwo's in the game, and nothing in the game prevents me from using 6 Mewtwos...

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2002 08:27 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only thing that makes OObers beatable is the fact that most of the people who use them don't know to box trick them... but yeah -- they're pretty tough if they do
Trebor
Farting Nudist
Member # 2988

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2002 01:27 PM      Profile for Trebor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Exactly, my friend didnt box trick them, or if he did they had crap DV's.

- - - - -
!TREBOR!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.