The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Help me out with this team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help me out with this team
Totoro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1965

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2002 10:47 AM      Profile for Totoro   Email Totoro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Item Clause is ON

Starter:

Snorlax@Scope_Lens/Quick_claw [help]
Body_slam
Earthquake
Shadow_Ball or Fire_Blast [help]
Selfdestruct

Simple, gets started and just attacks. Simple type matching and type effective attacking. Selfdestruct when low on health. I don't know which to use...Scope lens for critical attacks, which would help out immensly, or quick claw to get my self d off first. They both have like a 10% chance of working, so I have no idea.

Smeargle@Miracleberry
Spore
Spikes
Agility
Baton_pass

Simple everyday smeargle. Usually start off by laying down the spikes, sleep the next guy that comes out (hopefully he'll be slower) agility and Pass to:

Machamp@Mint_berry
Rest
Meditate
Cross_chop
Hidden_Power [Ghost]

Nice and simple, I can probably get 1 or Meditates up, rest and then I can pound away with my two attacks, which should be at least normal effectiveness against any poke. I could use Rock_slide for flyers, but then I wouldn't be effective against everything, at least I don't think so. Hitmonlee can be used in this slot aswell.

Steelix@Leftovers
Curse
Body_slam
Earthquake
Roar

Standard curse/roaring Steelix. I like to use him because he's pretty invulnerable to physical attacks...except for strong stab fighting/ground moves, but that's what curse/roar is for. This can provoke alot of switches to enhance the spike damage aswell. Body_slam for chance of par (steelix with a speed advantage is quite scary)

Zapdos@Scope_Lens [if lax has quick_claw] Help me, I don't know what else I can use.
Thunderbolt
Thunder_Wave
Drill_Peck
Rest

Very standard Zapdos that doesn't really need explaining.

Miltank@Brightpowder/Spell_Tag
Attract/Shadow_ball [if lax has fire_blast, Attract or Earthquake if not]
Body_slam
Milk_drink
Heal_bell

Standard Miltank. Parattract? or Attacking? That is the question. Other than that, it'll help me with the 2 rests I have going on my team.

Want to fit in:
A nice strong elemental pokemon to kill such things as marowak/steelix/rhyon. If it can fight fightings aswell then all the better.

Total:
Good Attacking power, almost all are heavy hitters
2x Restbell

Weaknesses
4x fighting weakness is quite horrid.
1x Fire
1x Rock
1x Water
1x Flying
1x Psychic
1x Ice
1x Ground

I think that's it. My weaknesses are usually only 1x, but that 4x fighting is going to destroy me.

Thanks a million guys.

- - - - -
Of course everyone hates you. your a gay homosexual that keeps asking GUYS for buttsecks. Go to hell and screw the devil for all i care. ~ sl

From: Somewhere out there... | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scyther_87
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2986

Rate Member
posted 08-12-2002 12:09 PM      Profile for Scyther_87   Email Scyther_87   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Totoro:
Item Clause is ON

Starter:

Snorlax@Scope_Lens/Quick_claw [help]
Body_slam
Earthquake
Shadow_Ball or Fire_Blast [help]
Selfdestruct

Simple, gets started and just attacks. Simple type matching and type effective attacking. Selfdestruct when low on health. I don't know which to use...Scope lens for critical attacks, which would help out immensly, or quick claw to get my self d off first. They both have like a 10% chance of working, so I have no idea.

Yes, Standart Startterlax. You should go for Fire Blast, if Baton_Pass Scizor is out, he can easily SD and BP it to Machamp and your team is doomed IMO.

Smeargle@Miracleberry
Spore
Spikes
Agility
Baton_pass

Simple everyday smeargle. Usually start off by laying down the spikes, sleep the next guy that comes out (hopefully he'll be slower) agility and Pass to:

Yea, I think its decent

Machamp@Mint_berry
Rest
Meditate
Cross_chop
Hidden_Power [Ghost]

Nice and simple, I can probably get 1 or Meditates up, rest and then I can pound away with my two attacks, which should be at least normal effectiveness against any poke. I could use Rock_slide for flyers, but then I wouldn't be effective against everything, at least I don't think so. Hitmonlee can be used in this slot aswell.

Yea, I had a Hitmonlee whit Meditate once it works pretty well. Use it on Machamp, he has better defence.

Steelix@Leftovers
Curse
Body_slam
Earthquake
Roar

Standard curse/roaring Steelix. I like to use him because he's pretty invulnerable to physical attacks...except for strong stab fighting/ground moves, but that's what curse/roar is for. This can provoke alot of switches to enhance the spike damage aswell. Body_slam for chance of par (steelix with a speed advantage is quite scary)

If you want you could drop Body Slam for Explosion, otherwise its good.

Zapdos@Scope_Lens [if lax has quick_claw] Help me, I don't know what else I can use.
Thunderbolt
Thunder_Wave
Drill_Peck
Rest

Very standard Zapdos that doesn't really need explaining.

Standart, you could drop Thunder Wawe for Whirlwind because you lay Spikes down.

Miltank@Brightpowder/Spell_Tag
Attract/Shadow_ball [if lax has fire_blast, Attract or Earthquake if not]
Body_slam
Milk_drink
Heal_bell

Standard Miltank. Parattract? or Attacking? That is the question. Other than that, it'll help me with the 2 rests I have going on my team.

Good, Go whit Parattract IMO.

Want to fit in:
A nice strong elemental pokemon to kill such things as marowak/steelix/rhyon. If it can fight fightings aswell then all the better.

I think a Starmie - Psychic, Surf, Confuse Ray, Recover would fit here. You could drop Steelix for it IMO.

Total:
Good Attacking power, almost all are heavy hitters
2x Restbell

Weaknesses
4x fighting weakness is quite horrid.
1x Fire
1x Rock
1x Water
1x Flying
1x Psychic
1x Ice
1x Ground

I think that's it. My weaknesses are usually only 1x, but that 4x fighting is going to destroy me.

Thanks a million guys.

Overall: I think you have good fighters and lot of recovery, but that Fighting weaknes is problem.

- - - - -
There is no signature.

Trebor
Farting Nudist
Member # 2988

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2002 01:02 PM      Profile for Trebor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Get rid of smeargle. You dont need 3 normals, and spikes arent that good, just annoying. Steelix is useful to have to take physical attacks, normals are just crap usually.

Starmie is good elemental, although has poor defence. So you wil have to hope that it can OHKO most of the time. Its speed is good so u dont need to worry about it attacking first.

Alternatively there are lots of Uberlegendary psychics if you want one of them...:

Lugia: Psychic, surf, aeroblast, recover (attacking)
Mewtwo: Psychic, Rest/Recover, (two elemental attacks here)
Mew: Psychic, (Any TM from RBY/GSC you want here)

Or you could go for a slowking with psychic and surf/ice beam

Or there is Eggsecutor, who i dont know a moveset for, but psychic will fit in wtih him nicely, he is a good mewtwo killer too.

There are quite a few elemental psyhics, take ur pick...Eggsecutor for defence, Starmie for power, Uberlegendary for both.

- - - - -
!TREBOR!

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2002 08:18 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snorlax: Take fire blast. I'd use quick claw on him too, or miracleberry for lead sleepers.

Smeargle: Like they said before, not very useful, especially since your team is not specifically a spikes team. Maybe a scizor over it with agility, SD, BP, and an attack.

Machamp: Don't know about this, but give it a shot. If you use scizor, drop Meditate for rock slide.

Steelix: Without rest or explosion, curse seems kinda useless. Maybe drop for rock slide, as steelix's defense is good enough. Fighting and ground can be a problem. If you really see a lot of ground type stat-boosters, give zappy whirlwind.

Zappy: Standard.

Miltank: With only 2 resters, heal bell might not be necessary, since not many people use stat changers any more. This might be a good spot for an eggy. Psychic, and either giga drain, sleep powder, and synthesis for general attack, or stun spore, sleep powder, explosion to kill heal bellers.

Overall: I'd recommend losing spikes unless you make your whole team around spikes. Making your team a spikes team would mean a total overhaul, so just lose it. Also, I'd either make it a complete rest bell or no restbell, simply because 2 resters won't really save you and you take up an extra slot for a heal beller. Otherwise ok, and I like the machamp idea, but scizor can do it way better than smeargle.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.