The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Rate. My. Team. NOW.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rate. My. Team. NOW.
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2002 10:59 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Attract
Body Slam
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
Standard paratractor.

Houndoom (F) @ Leftovers
Attract
Counter
Crunch
Flamethrower
Counter has proved useful in certain situations. People love quaking this thing.

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
Giga Drain
HP Dark
Psychic
Sleep Powder
Here Mewtwo... Here Mewtwo... OMG WTF GET YOUR FUGLY @S$ OVER HERE NOW YOU GDAMN M2!!!!!!111111

Marowak @ Thick Club
Earthquake
HP Bug
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Standard.

Lapras @ Leftovers
Confuse Ray
Ice Beam
Surf
Thunderbolt
Needed some versatality.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Submission
Surf
Haze
Hypnosis
Needed a Curselax/Umbreon counter. Just added him, has worked well so far. HP Fighting > Submission?

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

SpunkDawg4-Life
Farting Nudist
Member # 2903

posted 07-30-2002 12:32 AM      Profile for SpunkDawg4-Life   Author's Homepage   Email SpunkDawg4-Life   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jshadias:
[qb]Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Attract
Body Slam
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
Standard paratractor.

ye [Wink]

Houndoom (F) @ Leftovers
Attract
Counter
Crunch
Flamethrower
Counter has proved useful in certain situations. People love quaking this thing.

A marowak+thick club+earthquake=dead houndoom...use this set for grounds...

Houndy@leftovers
sunnyday
solarbeam
flamethrower
crunch

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
Giga Drain
HP Dark
Psychic
Sleep Powder
Here Mewtwo... Here Mewtwo... OMG WTF GET YOUR FUGLY @S$ OVER HERE NOW YOU GDAMN M2!!!!!!111111

ye [Wink]

Marowak @ Thick Club
Earthquake
HP Bug
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Standard.

no prob hure

Lapras @ Leftovers
Confuse Ray
Ice Beam
Surf
Thunderbolt
Needed some versatality.

good

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Submission
Surf
Haze
Hypnosis
Needed a Curselax/Umbreon counter. Just added him, has worked well so far. HP Fighting > Submission?

standard...drop hypnosis for earthquake for those nasty electrics...not to sure if it can learn it though [Frown]

nice team...would be hell to kill 8/10

[ 07-30-2002, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: SpunkDawg4-Life ]

- - - - -

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2002 07:49 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Miltank: First rule of heal bellers, NEVER lead with them. This will work fine out of the lead spot.

Houndoom: Attract will conflict with counter, so either don't use them together or change the set to sunny day, solarbeam, flamethrower, pursuit.

Eggy: Could work as long as M2 isn't packing ice beam or shadow ball. Maybe drop giga drain for explosion.

Marowak: I really don't think he works too well without either agility or massive PAR. Drop for a roar, rest, AP, quake donphan, as his survivability is much better IMO.

Lapras: Standard. If you wanted to be different, you could try zap cannon over T-bolt for parafusion, but I'd leave it.

Poliwrath: You don't need 2 waters. Drop 4 a draggy with Haze, T-wave, Safeguard, fire blast/ice beam/T-bolt/wing attack. I like this better. Use it as a lead, as you need a good one. I just pulled this out my ass, but it can haze and looks like a good lead. I would've said Zappy but he can't haze.

Overall: 3x fighting weakness, 3x grass weakness, a lot of weaknesses overall. Could do ok.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2002 08:36 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Drop Lapras for a Starmie with a similar moveset unless you must use it. You don't have anything with staying power on this team other than Miltank, might as well start somewhere

Get rid of HP Dark on Egger for Explosion or Stun Spore (given how much your team is currently relying on paratract as its sole form of defense), is it really worth wasting a slot just for bragging rights against n00bs who don't have a Mewtwo with Fire/Ice moves?

You lack staying power but aren't fast enough to make up for it. No Curse, no DT, no defense in general. Your entire team is cripplingly weak to Special, 2x Elec and 2x Water with only Miltank (and possibly Egger if your opponent somehow forgot his Fire move) to hold the line. Personally, I'd drop Miltank for something a little studier against Special, like Blissey or Snorlax, given that you're not Restbelling. Also, think about dropping Poliwrath for Skarm if you don't mind being predictable.

Come to think of it, you don't fare so well against physical either (Houndoom with Counter won't stop a Curse user, or a Marowak). Snorlax and Skarm are looking increasing more viable on this team to me.

Then again, if you were after a paratract team, get a lot more paralysis in there to back up all the non-permanent state changers.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2002 12:19 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not much time, so a quick reply:
Poliwrath is for us against Umbreon and Curselax. I'm going to give him HP Fighting since Submission's average power is actually 64.
Giga Drain is a nessecity if I'm looking to take out more than two pokes.
I'll replace Lapras with Starmie, and give him T-Wave. I'm going to overhaul my team and stick even more status in there, but try not to conflict too much. I'll try and make it so you're either going to get PARd or Attract/Fused, and hopefully some will end up with both. [Wink]

- - - - -
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2002 12:38 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Attract
Body Slam
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
Same.

Houndoom (F) @ Leftovers
Attract
Counter
Crunch
Flamethrower
Same.

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
Giga Drain
Psychic
Explosion
Stun Spore
Gave him HP Dark before I used Houndoom, it's not really that needed anymore. And since you can't Spowder PARds...

Donphan @ Mint Berry / Leftovers
Roar
Rest
Ancient Power
Earthquake
Took the suggestion, mainly because of Missy. What's the item supposed to be?

Starmie @ Leftovers
Confuse Ray
Psychic
Surf
Recover

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
HP Fighting
Surf
Haze
Body Slam
No, I will not replace him for Draggy. I need both a fighting type and a Hazer. Roar sucks vs. DT, but is good vs. Missy.

This leaves me with an equal number of paralyzers and fuse/tractors. Poliwrath should do well against Heal Bellers, since they're all normal type. Also, I need something with an electric move.

[ 07-30-2002, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: jshadias ]

- - - - -

Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2002 02:52 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so that how your going to splat Mius. you evil evil person! lol!!!!!!!

- - - - -
always expect the unexpected!

I've desidered since I can't get my Nidoking Gorkamorka into R/S he's be killed and reincarnated as a Metagross.

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2002 02:59 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Would Donphan work well with Body Slam over something?

- - - - -

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2002 06:49 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Would Donphan work well with Body Slam over something?
I wouldn't recommend it as it really needs all 4 of those moves. Try mint berry as the item.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2002 09:25 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jshadias:
Gave him HP Dark before I used Houndoom, it's not really that needed anymore. And since you can't Spowder PARds

There's nothing wrong with having Stun Spore and Sleep Powder both on him. Use Sleep Powder, then Stun Spore on the inevitable switch, resulting in more state changes inflicted on the other team (and in most cases, paralysis on whatever they intended to kill Egger with without having to risk being hit).

- - - - -

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2002 10:01 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk:
quote:
Gave him HP Dark before I used Houndoom, it's not really that needed anymore. And since you can't Spowder PARds

There's nothing wrong with having Stun Spore and Sleep Powder both on him. Use Sleep Powder, then Stun Spore on the inevitable switch, resulting in more state changes inflicted on the other team (and in most cases, paralysis on whatever they intended to kill Egger with without having to risk being hit).
But what would I replace? Explosion can 2HKO a Snorlax easily.

- - - - -

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2002 01:16 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just pointing something out. Personally, I have serious doubts about Giga Drain, but that's just me.

- - - - -

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2002 10:33 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking of replacing Starmie simply because I already have a water and a psyker. I'm thinking of an electric or possibly a Gengar. For the electic, I'm thinking Amphy due to the fact I don't use legendaries. Possibly Raichu, however. Though, PARd enemy > good speed. I'm also thinking of replacement moves for Poliwrath's Body Slam... Is he able to use Belly Drum effectively? I may use Mind Reader to provoke a switch, or Ice Beam. Counter, possibly? Metronome for fun?

- - - - -

PKMN Master FRAZZE
Farting Nudist
Member # 2404

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2002 01:17 AM      Profile for PKMN Master FRAZZE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Too bad you only get one hit with Explosion.

- - - - -
What's the use of the truth if you can't tell a lie?

From: Why the fuck do you care? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2002 01:55 AM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And the son-of-a-bitch can Rest...
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2002 02:50 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PKMN Master FRAZZE:
quote:

Too bad you only get one hit with Explosion.
Psychic, then Explode.

- - - - -

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2002 09:07 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm bored so I'll post the many changes I have made to my team.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Mint Berry
Ancient Power
Earthquake
Rest
Whirlwind

Houndoom (F) @ Mint Berry
Crunch
Flamethrower
Counter
Rest
Rest is really just a filler... I might put Sunny Day and Charcoal just for some power... maybe.

Exeggutor (M) @ Miracle Seed
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Psychic
Explosion
I'm just begging for it...

Miltank (Unkown) @ Leftovers
Body Slam
Curse
Milk Drink
Heal Bell

Mantine (F) @ Mystic Water
Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Haze
I'm really asking for it... conflicting weather super powerup combos...

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Fire Punch
Attract
Thunder Wave
Maybe I should give him Thunder and use him after Eggy Sunny Days... Or start Fire Punching after Rain Dance...

I'll just have to watch the weather, eh?

- - - - -

Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2002 12:58 AM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Strange, I'm actually reviewing a team. It's been quite some time since I've done that.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Mint Berry
Ancient Power
Earthquake
Rest
Whirlwind

Aero looks fine to me. If you want to make a waste of a spot, throw in Substitute over Whirlwind.

Houndoom (F) @ Mint Berry
Crunch
Flamethrower
Counter
Rest

Houndoom standard has been nice. Though, I do like the Attracting Houndoom over standard. But, that's just me.

Exeggutor (M) @ Miracle Seed
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Psychic
Explosion

It'll work... it's just a problem with Eggy's speed which worries me for this set. In the case that you hit a Sunny Day, and you have not discovered a Fire-Type yet, then you may have put yourself in a rut. For Four turns at least IF a Fire-Type shows. Well... there is Houndoom.

Miltank (Unkown) @ Leftovers
Body Slam
Curse
Milk Drink
Heal Bell

Cursing Moos just don't seem to work for me. If you're looking for a Moo, then head off with the standard Moo, or possibly Greg's Moo, since you're looking at a Curse Situation. This way, you have a lovely counter for Curselaxes. Opens up that Whirlwind slot on Aero too.

Mantine (F) @ Mystic Water
Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Haze

Mantines have never appealed to me. I'd suggest the removal of Mantine. For who? Probably Starmie... or Lapras.

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Fire Punch
Attract
Thunder Wave

Amphy, been awhile since I've seen them in teams. Fine by me.

Remember: You don't need to take my suggestions. I'm just here. Ain't that right Mr. Gonk?

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2002 09:30 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's Greg's Miltank? And suggesting I remove both Whirlwind AND Haze from my team? Pffffffft.... Is there a Hazer I could really use though? Because it seems as if I'm fighting with only 5 pokes really... not that that effects much. Got a good Vaporeon set handy?

- - - - -

Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2002 09:49 PM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
What's Greg's Miltank? And suggesting I remove both Whirlwind AND Haze from my team? Pffffffft.... Is there a Hazer I could really use though? Because it seems as if I'm fighting with only 5 pokes really... not that that effects much. Got a good Vaporeon set handy?

Greg's Tank is famous for having Psych Up on it. I didn't say kill both, but Mantine just isn't happy enough for the job. Vaporeon? Ice Beam, Surf, Haze, Rest. Still works.
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2002 06:58 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Come to think of it, I don't really need Haze that much. I'll probably find that Whirlwind is fine for the job. That leaves an extra spot for anything I want, which is fine with me ^________________________________________^ Pidgeot, go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111 I love that thing.

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.