The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Wierd set for Hitmonlee

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wierd set for Hitmonlee
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 03-19-2002 05:28 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hitmonlee @leftovers
swagger
psych-up
body slam
hi jump kick

Kinda wierd, but could possibly work. Swagger, then psych up, then attack away using B-slam to paralyse, or the Kick for big damage. Could also pass it a reflect and give it counter over Body slam, although that would be really risky. What do you think?

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-19-2002 05:36 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought THe Pig Ape was the only fighting that could use psyche up?? And Lee's Defense blows.... He'll be dead before he could use it... Why not use

Meditate
Hi Jump Kick
Endure
Reversal?

After one Meditate his attack is 507. After that not much can survive a Reversal with that much stabbed attack behind it.

Great thing about him is that you can switch him out after he uses endure, and bring him back in later, and he'll still have a badass 200 power move with a 338 att. Some people Like Body Slam... But with Att Boosters it's all about the stabb, baby.

[ 03-20-2002, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: ]

[Articuno]
Farting Nudist
Member # 2454

Member Rated:
posted 03-20-2002 07:48 PM      Profile for [Articuno]   Email [Articuno]   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Indeed, Primeape is the only Fighting type to learn Psych Up.

And with its 272 speed, it wont be long before something faster faints it (talking about the Endure/Reversal combo).

- - - - -
All I wanted was to make the world a better place...and make shitloads of money

From: Seafoam Islands, RBY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
FireBlast
Farting Nudist
Member # 2466

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2002 05:37 AM      Profile for FireBlast   Author's Homepage   Email FireBlast   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hitmonlee
~ HP Ghost, Curse, Mach Punch, Hi Jump Kick.

--^ Quite nice.

Jade Centurion
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2694

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2002 07:48 PM      Profile for Jade Centurion   Email Jade Centurion      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
10K- Use bodyslam over hi jump kick because it needs at least some protection from psychics, eventhough it wouldn't survive against a psychic.

- - - - -
~JadeC~

From: Mid Atlantic States | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 03-23-2002 05:53 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First off, the purpose of Body Slam isn't so much to defend against Psychics, it's more to paralyze the incoming Psychic. Though it's still nice to use regardless.

Second, even if Primeape's speed is only(?) 272, it is still the fastest Fighting type in the game. If there's any Fighting type that should learn Psych Up, Primeape is it.

Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 03-23-2002 09:11 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's a Hitmonchan set I thought up...

Hitmonchan
  • Hi Jump Kick
  • Body Slam
  • Agility
  • HP Ghost

- - - - -
"You forgot the part where Pikachu faints Rhydon with Thundershock..." - White Cat

"I don't care if you're lost. You show up here,you're nothing but a victim!" - Rocket Grunt under Goldenrod City

"That's what Hypnosis does; it fails horribly." - Uiru

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bowser
I'm such a moron that I keep an axe behind me at all times.
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 03-23-2002 09:49 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Scizor--->@Leftovers
-Agility
-DT
-HP Bug
-Baton Pass

Hitmonlee--->@Scope Lens
-Substitute
-Meditate
-HP Ghost/Hi Jump Kick
-Reversal

HP Ghost if you don't want to get screwed by ghosts and for psychic protecton.

From: My mommy's uterus | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.