The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » My Return To Azure...RMT!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Return To Azure...RMT!
Quicksilver62160
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2002 10:32 PM      Profile for Quicksilver62160   Email Quicksilver62160   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, since TPM is down currently I've been seeking out other places to go post. Here's a new test team I've been constructing:

SNORLAX "OGRE OF GOTH"
  • Curse
  • Body Slam
  • Fire Blast
  • Rest
    @ Leftovers
This set is constantly changing because I can never decide what to keep and what to lose, for now though, this is my favorite. Curse + Body Slam can yield so heavy damage and PAR, and Fire Blast is for any Scizor starters, or damn Skarmory! Rest is crucial on this beast, he can keep attacking, heal and then sweep an entire team.
STARMIE "KRAKEN"
  • Psychic
  • Surf
  • Thunder Wave
  • Recover
    @ Miracle Berry
Starmie is by far the most useful of Water Pokemon. Fast, with a decent SA, you can get some great results. I prefer Starmie for Psychic also, able to handle both Cross Chop and Fire Blast for Machamp. T-wave is there for more PAR support...you can't get enough of that. Miracle Berry because I hate when Starmie ends up paralyzed.
TYRANITAR "EARTHSHAKER"
  • Earthquake
  • Crunch
  • Rock Slide
  • Fire Blast
    @ Leftovers
You can never have enough Fire moves on a team! I've gone back to Rock Slide recently over AP, because lets face it...AP SUX! With a low yield for power-ups, and a weak BP, Rock Slide is an obvious choice. Crunch is for the STAB and the Spc Def lowering, I beat a Blissey with Crunch + Fire Blast! HA HA!
HERACROSS "HERCULES"
  • Megahorn
  • Earthquake
  • Counter
  • Rest
    @ Mint Berry
Lets face it, Cursecross never really seems to work that well, but Countercross can definatly yield better results. With Counter, you'll need a good Minty Rest, and Equake is there to sweep up whatever I can't handle.
SKARMORY "STEEL HARPIE"
  • Curse
  • Drill Peck
  • Whirlwind
  • Rest
    @ Leftovers
The #1 Psuedo-hazer by far. With Curse I can reverse the affects of a Rock Slide from an SD Marowak, and Skarm more then amply takes out a Heracross.
RAIKOU "CERBERUS"
  • Thunderbolt
  • Crunch
  • HP Grass
  • Rest
    @ Mint Berry
By far the backbone of this entire team, when Raikou roars onto the scene you know that it's going to be a sweep. HP Grass will nearly OHKO Golem, 2HKO Marowak, and deal heavy damage to Mirror Cune. Crunch is awesome for dealing with stray Gengar/Missy, and helps with the Spc Lowering. And Minty Rest is requried on his low Defense.

[ 03-07-2002, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Quicksilver62160 ]

Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 03-08-2002 12:09 AM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Go back to TPM, you TPM n00b [Razz]

Snorlax-Skarmorys are starting to come back in to fashion, so this set is fine.

Starmie-Yez. Rapid Spin over t-wave works, because nearly all teams have a blissey beller now-a-days.

Tyranitar-AP t-tar works for me, but rock slide has its benefits. I would put thunderbolt over fire blast since lax already has it.

Heracross-What about curse-counter cross? It is pure ownage [Big Grin]

Skarmory-Cant argue with that.

Raikou-I always like reflect over HP on this guy, because grounds numbers are dropping steadily since every electric in now packing HP.

I always say you have t-tar troubles, so I wont bother [Razz]

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

Mister Cant
Farting Nudist
Member # 1414

Member Rated:
posted 03-08-2002 12:56 PM      Profile for Mister Cant   Email Mister Cant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
adding to Silver_Persian's post, present is not rare on blisseys...(i have it *COUGH*) and this is blissey's best weapon against starmies

quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver62160:
Hey, since TPM is down currently I've been seeking out other places to go post. Here's a new test team I've been constructing:

SNORLAX "OGRE OF GOTH"
  • Curse
  • Body Slam
  • Fire Blast
  • Rest
    @ Leftovers
This set is constantly changing because I can never decide what to keep and what to lose, for now though, this is my favorite. Curse + Body Slam can yield so heavy damage and PAR, and Fire Blast is for any Scizor starters, or damn Skarmory! Rest is crucial on this beast, he can keep attacking, heal and then sweep an entire team.
Be careful against those machamps and special attacking beasts
snorlax can take special hits very well, but an exeggutor with leechseed+psychic can be quite nasty(i used to use a psychup+double-edging exeggutor, so ph33r XD)

STARMIE "KRAKEN"
  • Psychic
  • Surf
  • Thunder Wave
  • Recover
    @ Miracle Berry
Starmie is by far the most useful of Water Pokemon. Fast, with a decent SA, you can get some great results. I prefer Starmie for Psychic also, able to handle both Cross Chop and Fire Blast for Machamp. T-wave is there for more PAR support...you can't get enough of that. Miracle Berry because I hate when Starmie ends up paralyzed.
starmie's problem: Anything super effective against it
and i _MEAN_ it

TYRANITAR "EARTHSHAKER"
  • Earthquake
  • Crunch
  • Rock Slide
  • Fire Blast
    @ Leftovers
You can never have enough Fire moves on a team! I've gone back to Rock Slide recently over AP, because lets face it...AP SUX! With a low yield for power-ups, and a weak BP, Rock Slide is an obvious choice. Crunch is for the STAB and the Spc Def lowering, I beat a Blissey with Crunch + Fire Blast! HA HA!
yeah...i would still go for a-p, coz' i am unlucky as hell and rock slides misses a LOT for me

HERACROSS "HERCULES"
  • Megahorn
  • Earthquake
  • Counter
  • Rest
    @ Mint Berry
Lets face it, Cursecross never really seems to work that well, but Countercross can definatly yield better results. With Counter, you'll need a good Minty Rest, and Equake is there to sweep up whatever I can't handle.
Nah...the Curse-Counter one is better

SKARMORY "STEEL HARPIE"
  • Curse
  • Drill Peck
  • Whirlwind
  • Rest
    @ Leftovers
The #1 Psuedo-hazer by far. With Curse I can reverse the affects of a Rock Slide from an SD Marowak, and Skarm more then amply takes out a Heracross.
nasty
careful about suicunes, tho.

RAIKOU "CERBERUS"
  • Thunderbolt
  • Crunch
  • HP Grass
  • Rest
    @ Mint Berry
By far the backbone of this entire team, when Raikou roars onto the scene you know that it's going to be a sweep. HP Grass will nearly OHKO Golem, 2HKO Marowak, and deal heavy damage to Mirror Cune. Crunch is awesome for dealing with stray Gengar/Missy, and helps with the Spc Lowering. And Minty Rest is requried on his low Defense.
hp ice is nice...not to mention hp water, because you don´t quite see too much Grass0rz nowadays...but hp grass seems to work best for you

- - - - -
~|~Mister Cant-A.K.A-Yue~|~

;x

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.