The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Excursion

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Excursion
Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2002 06:42 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As some of you will know, I haven't been in here in some time. Months and months in fact.

Anyway, I have the big annual tourney coming up in two months and I want a team. Not just any team, no, especially not the Mr. Mime/Raticate/Dragonite/Dewgong sort of thing I went into it the first time with (and placed 3rd, lost 2nd because of the way the draw was done and lost 1st to a Nintendo rep by all accounts)
No, I want a cheap team. I want a team that takes absolutely no strategic mind to devise and yet can walk over normal stuff.
I want something like Curselax!

I give it to you guys to discuss and build this team and if I do well I will share my glory with you!
The only rules are: No duplicate Pokemon, no Mewtwo, or Mew. Pokemon with Doubleteam and Minimise are most likely going to be banned due to time restraints and Thief was banned last time due to newbie trainers not wanting to lose their precious items.

The rules are yet to be set in stone however... I'm working on convincing the guy who does the rules to let everything be legal except Mew and Celebi (because 90% of the ones here are Sharked) and enforce the time limit more.

The ranking is 3 swiss rounds with 3 Pokemon a team and then full team single elimination. So take this into account.

I'm not begging for you guys to make my team for I - If nobody suggests anything then I can quite easily assemble one myself, but I don't have the experience building a Pokemon that can handle such tight environs as GSBot and such - Although do be aware that there aren't a horde of Skarmory hanging around here. I'm merely asking for people to put forward their experience for I to consult.

Since it's going to be 3 on 3 for the first 3 rounds, I need 3 Pokemon that can work together as a team, and then 3 more than can augment that team and expand its abilities as well as work as swaps.

I have a large range of already trained Pokemon, and semi-trained Pokemon, a horde of TMs and Stadium 2 so all but the most breeding intensive setups can be assembled in not much time so I can concentrate on Pokemon I don't have trained up (the inevitable Ho-oh and Snorlax)

Thus ends my challenge to you, you AHers, prove your capability to adapt to a challenge!

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark-Celebi
Farting Nudist
Member # 1889

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2002 07:03 AM      Profile for Dark-Celebi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This teams not exactly cheap but it could be updated since it was my really old gold team and i havn't got a good team on crystal yet so if this helps here a few suggestions!
It had a really good record on GSbot at the time

Jynx-Leftovers
Psychic
Ice beam
Lovely kiss
sub

Zapdos-Magnet
Thunder bolt
Light screen
Drill peck
Rest

Marowak-Thick club
E-quake
R-slide
Rest
Counter

Miltank-Pink bow
Curse
Body slam
Heal-bell
Milk drink

Machamp-Black belt
C-chop
E-quake
R-slide
Rest

Houndoom-Charcoal
Flamthrower
Sunny day
Crunch
Solar beam

I know they are all really standard but there work really well in my opinion. But thats what it comes down to, its what works best for you and not somone else. Thats why you should really create your own team and if you do win you can get all the satisfaction and know it was your victory and know one elses! hope this helps Cya

- - - - -
Meh....

Gary Oak
Farting Nudist
Member # 1028

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2002 10:41 AM      Profile for Gary Oak     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mewtwo @ miracleberry
Psychic
Recover
Safeguard
Ice Beam

Jolteon (female) @ magnet
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Attract

Scizor @ brightpowder
Steel Wing
Swords Dance
Agility
Baton Pass

Snorlax @ mint berry
Double-Edge
Earthquake
Curse
Rest

Kingdra @ leftovers
Dragonbreath
Surf
Double Team
Rest

Machamp @ scope lens
Cross Chop
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Light Screen

My Gold version team... It's nice and cheap but very strong.

- - - - -
"You think it is done, you think all is well. Well kiss my green ass I shall see you in hell."

AIM: GRISH81

From: Roselle, Illinois | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
CTI2
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2589

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2002 12:37 PM      Profile for CTI2   Author's Homepage   Email CTI2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tauros@Lefties
Horn Drill
Fissure
Rest
Sleep Talk

~ We know it kicks Arse.

Snorlax@Lefties/Mint
Curse
Rest
Body Slam/Return/Double Edge
Fire Blast/EQ/Shadowball

~Originality=no

Jolteon@Miracle
Agility
Baton Pass
Thunderbolt
HP: Ice

~ JoltWak

Marowak@Thick Club
Earthqauke
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Fire Blst?

~K

Machamp@Scope Lens
Cross Chop
Earth Qauke
Fire Blast
Counter

~???

Blissey@Burnt Berry
Heal Bell
Softboiled
Sing
Ice Beam

~Heal Bell suXXors=no

Pretty Standard and Overused...

- - - - -
Chadwick the ignoramas2 > Other Randomz and Newbies...

CTI2
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2589

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2002 12:41 PM      Profile for CTI2   Author's Homepage   Email CTI2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah. 3 on 3, I see now.

Jolteon@Miracle Berry
Agility
Baton Pass
Thunderbolt
HP: Ice

Marowak@Thick Club
Sword Dance
Earthqauke
Rock Slide
Fire Blast?

Snorlax@Lefties/Mint
Curse
Rest
Return/Bodyslam/Double-Edge
Earthqauke

And no Skarmorys? No Need for Fire Blast then. Though, you may want it Just in Case...

- - - - -
Chadwick the ignoramas2 > Other Randomz and Newbies...

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2002 03:19 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Use the classic Normal/Psychic/Fighting triumvirate.

Curselax

Standard Machamp

Mewtwo

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2002 04:20 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Smeargle! With Spore! I didn't see any Sleep Clause, and if there isn't, a Smeargle with Spore, Mind Reader/Lock-On, Horn Drill and Fissure could work. Give it support with a BP'er, such as... Well, perhaps DT Scizor.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2002 10:53 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ho-Oh: EQ, Recover, Sacred Fire, Thunderbolt
Lugia: Aeroblast, Curse, Earthquake, Recover
Snorlax: Curse, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Rest

That should, of course, handle the standard group of shits that I assume you'll be handling.

Misdreavus: Mean Look, Perish Song, Protect, Rest
Jynx: Lovely Kiss, Mean Look, Perish Song, Rest
Blissey: Curse, Double-Edge, Heal Bell, Softboiled

And a little fun in the last three spots.. toying with the poor saps is great fun. Or select any of the other common standards, JoltWak should have no trouble with a normal crop of fools.

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2002 12:51 AM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How about

Eggy@leftovers: sleep powder, explosion, psychic, leech seed

That covers two pokemon assuming there's no HBer with explosion and sleep powder.

Then...

Snorlax@leftovers double-edge, curse, selfdestruct, rest

Kills at least one other with SD

And then random other pokemon to kill sleeping pokemon...maybe perish trap missy.

That team is owned by t-tar though...

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2002 05:16 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies guys, although I did get a faint chuckle at DC semi-lecturing I about making my own team like I was a newbie and then the other bits and pieces that were just insane to suggest.
Such as the two Mewtwos when I clearly said no Mewtwo, the DT Scizor when I said no Doubleteams and the Joltwak when I've got two months and I really don't see myself breeding a good HP Ice in that limited time. ^_^

As it is, I'll take those bits and pieces away and condense something cohesive out of it, the Marowak and Snorlax should be easy enough to throw together since I have a few mid level ones of them, Lugia I can just TM over and Ho-oh has only twenty levels to go. Probably put in the Tauros and Jynx over that.

We'll see how I go.

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 02-20-2002 08:02 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd try a Selfdestruct, curse, earthquake, DE/Rest Snorlax with leftovers, a Zapdos with D-peck, T-bolt, T-wave, and maybe a pseudo-passing move, and something else in case there's anything left over, maybe an Eggy with psychic, giga drain, explosion, Sleep powder/stun spore. For the rest, just build off that, with maybe a cursing Suicune and a Blissey, and something else.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.