The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » My first team in a while

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My first team in a while
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2002 10:22 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've decided to give annoyance teams another try. The last one, a jolteon passing agility to a confatuator Lapras, didn't work as well as I'd have liked, except to scare the hell out of a few skarmorys. Here it is.

Smeargle @miracleberry
spikes
spore
super fang
seismic toss

Pretty standard, but not everyone can take out smeargle on turn one before he sets spikes, so I think he'll work.

Starmie @king's rock/brightpowder/miracle berry
surf/psychic (I've seen people suggest psychic when it was popular, though I don't know why)
T-wave
confuse ray
recover

Death Starmie. Can't decide whether to go with psychic because everyone says it's so good, or the standard surf. Either way, I don't think many people would be looking for a Death set anymore.

Crobat @king's rock
Mean look
screech
confuse ray
wing attack

Cesar suggested this to somebody, and I think it will work.

Alakazam @miracleberry
psychic
recover
T-wave
thunderpunch/barrier

Needed another paralyzer and a decent attacker. This fit, so it's in for now.

Entei @leftovers
sunny day
fire blast
solarbeam
roar

Pseudo-hazer and special attacker. Not the best SA, but sunny day should be enough, and he's the only one I could think of who could sunny-beam and roar at the same time. Suggestions welcome.

F Snorlax @leftovers
curse
attract
rest
body slam

Paraatraction curselax is fun, and fits in with the annoyance theme.

Heal bell could be a problem here. Can anyone think of a pokemon who can both lure in and quickly kill a heal beller? Best I could think of was a T-wave/exploding 'Trode, but that might draw more grounds than heal bellers, or a body slamming primeape, which would be a long shot. Help needed there.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MasterChu19155
Farting Nudist
Member # 2101

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2002 08:42 AM      Profile for MasterChu19155     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Smeargle @miracleberry
spikes
spore
super fang
seismic toss

->Too slow for a starter.
He has bad stats, too.
The set is OK, but you shouldn´t use Smeargle as a starter.

Starmie @king's rock/brightpowder/miracle berry
surf/psychic (I've seen people suggest psychic when it was popular, though I don't know why)
T-wave
confuse ray
recover

->Surf over Psychic because you could get problems with Dark especially with Ttar.
You have Alakazam in your team.

Crobat @king's rock
Mean look
screech
confuse ray
wing attack

-> Fly oder Wing Attack.

Alakazam @miracleberry
psychic
recover
T-wave
thunderpunch/barrier

->OK
I would prefer Barrier.

Entei @leftovers
sunny day
fire blast
solarbeam
roar

-> Flamethrower over Fire Blast.

F Snorlax @leftovers
curse
attract
rest
body slam

-> Standart Lovelax

I hate RestBellTeams.
But against a HealBeller you could use Explosion or Missy.
Exeggutor@Leftovers
- Sleeppowder
- Explosion
- Gigadrain
- Syntheses/Psychic

1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2002 09:01 AM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"he's the only one I could think of who could sunny-beam and roar at the same time."

Dude, I thought Mewtwo could as well, but apparently I am mistaken. Either way, that looks like a seriously irritating team. I know a kid who would probably begin to choke you half way through a match against these Pokemon.

- - - - -
Why does everyone hate Cloyster?

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2002 03:27 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
.I thought Mewtwo could as well, but apparently I am mistaken.

I think Mewtwo can, but I wanted STAB on the fire move, and didn't want to use an 00ber.

I know a kid who would probably begin to choke you halfway through a match against these pokemon.

I know several.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.