The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » flareon,vaporeon and crobat

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: flareon,vaporeon and crobat
zapdos88
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2364

posted 01-28-2002 12:09 PM      Profile for zapdos88   Email zapdos88   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what do you think is the best set for these pokes?

- - - - -
gruu

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2002 02:23 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Off the top of my head...
Flareon: Double-Edge, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Sunny Day
Vaporeon: Acid Armor, Baton Pass, Ice Beam, Surf
Crobat: (He sucks, but..) Confuse Ray, Fly, Mean Look, Toxic

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2002 02:38 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Teach them all HIPER BEEM!!11 But seriously...

Flareon- Sunny day, Flamethrower, HP-grass, Shadow ball/Return.
Vaporeon- Substitute, Baton pass, Surf, Ice beam.
Crobat- Confuse Ray, Screech, Mean Look, Toxic.

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2002 04:33 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Crobat doesn't really suck that much, he has great speed which is nice in some circumstances... especially since he is good for being a confusing/meanlooking/toxic/flying guy...
Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2002 06:38 PM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my opinion Crobat is the best. The movesets that some of you have provided explains it all. His speed is better than both Flareon and Vaporeon, which is an important quality. Basically, Crobat is the only viable poison Pokemon in GSC. Weezing and Muk are just OK, in my opinion.

- - - - -
"Oh that hit just the right SPOT!!!" -Ted Lewis, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 announcer

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 01-28-2002 07:51 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Flareon*LEFTOVERS*
-Body Slam/Shadow Ball
-Rest
-Curse
-Fire Blast

*meh, you're taking advantage of the i thinks tied in 2nd highest attack in the game...so body slam will help you paralyze while you curse up...curse is needed imho, because you're not fast to begin with, and your defense could really use the boost....and so could your attack.

Vaporeon *LEFTOVERS*
-Surf
-Double Team
-Body Slam
-Rest

*I know you're thinking liek "OMG WTF ENDUDE AM USING BODY SLAMED ON VAPOREON!!!1111"
but it's for Blissey....it may not do a whole lot to blissey, but you're doing damage and forcing her to recover with Softboiled. It's not bad imho...Double Team of course protects you while you rest...it may take some time to set up if the opponent has an electric, but once the roar/electric has perished, you're free to annoy their entire team. It's great for stalling snorlax i've found on GSbot.

Crobat *LEFTOVERS*
-Wing Attack
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic/Haze
-Protect

*I'm sorry, but i really have no clue...maybe you can use Crobat to just set a confusion, and haze...then switch right out....Protect to recover with leftovers maybe? Just an idea, as i know that Crobat is just 'Champ fodder.

good luck dude, you have some great choices and i hope i helped you out

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2002 09:19 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To add to my original post, rather than the best, I'll just put down everything I think deserves any consideration...

Flareon
-Double-Edge, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Sunny Day
-Baton Pass, Curse, Rest, Shadow Ball
-Curse, Double-Edge, Rest, Shadow Ball
-Curse, Flamethrower, Rest, Shadow Ball
-Curse, Double-Edge, Flamethrower, Rest
-Double Team, Flamethrower, Rest, Shadow Ball
-Double Team, Flamethrower, Mimic, Rest
-Baton Pass, Double Team, Flamethrower, Rest
-Flamethrower, Reflect, Return, Shadow Ball

Vaporeon
-Acid Armor, Haze, Ice Beam, Surf
-Acid Armor, Baton Pass, Ice Beam, Surf
-Acid Armor, Baton Pass, Substitute, Surf
-Baton Pass, Ice Beam, Substitute, Surf
-Haze, Ice Beam, Substitute, Surf
-Baton Pass, Haze, Substitute, Surf
-Haze, Ice Beam, Rest, Surf
-Acid Armor, Ice Beam, Rest, Surf

Crobat
-Confuse Ray, Fly, Mean Look, Toxic
-Confuse Ray, Haze, Screech, Wing Attack
-Fly, Haze, Mean Look, Toxic
-Confuse Ray, Mean Look, Screech, Toxic
-Confuse Ray, Mean Look, Rest, Toxic

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2002 11:39 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Crobat
Toxic/Confuse Ray/Attract/Mean look
wing attack/confuse ray/attract/Mean look

I dunno, In theory he supposed to hold king's rock and flinch everyone to death. And "In Theory" they're only supposed to attack you 3% of the time.

But if all my "theory's are correct" we should be living on the moon eating green cheese with raticates.

[edit] I thought of another one I think no one has mentioned:
Mean Look
Screech
Confuse Ray
Wing attack
@kings rock

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Cesar ]

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2002 10:26 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Flareon: Use the flaileon if you can pass it agility. If not, flamethrower, DE, shadow ball, reflect.

Vaporeon: Surf, DT/acid armor/haze, sub, BP. Vap is the best sub passer there is, and if you pass that crobat or flareon some defense, you'll have one evil flareon or crobat.

Crobat: Cesar's sets look good, especially the first and last.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
FireBlast
Farting Nudist
Member # 2466

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2002 03:51 PM      Profile for FireBlast   Author's Homepage   Email FireBlast   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
flareon @mint berry
~ fire blast, body slam, shadow ball, rest.

vaporeon @leftovers
~ surf, acid armor, baton pass, ice beam/double team.

crobat @mint berry
~ frustration, thief, rest, giga drain/filler.

pwnage.

The Jazz
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2519

Rate Member
posted 01-29-2002 08:01 PM      Profile for The Jazz   Email The Jazz      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Crobat gotta have cfz ray!
Fly --- ugh!
If you use thief man, leave out the mint berry...
And acid armour on vaporeon, yeah.
And crobat is not the only viable g/s poison type! Exploding Gengar is very viable!

- - - - -
Gotta have more cowbell!

FireBlast
Farting Nudist
Member # 2466

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2002 11:17 PM      Profile for FireBlast   Author's Homepage   Email FireBlast   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Jazz:
If you use thief man, leave out the mint berry...

wtf.. you rest, use mint berry and then thief stuff, is it really that difficult?

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.