The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Not a RMT, I need suggestions.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not a RMT, I need suggestions.
Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2002 04:08 PM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am making a team of the most STANDARD Pokémon that there are. It's going to be called SUPAA STANDARDS v1.337. I need you guys to see what you think, and give me suggestions as to how to make it more standard. Mind you, OHKO clause and 00ber-clause are on. Here's what I've got so far [thanks to cmsnrub25 and PikaBlade]:

Starmie @Leftovers/King's Rock
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Psychic
-Recover
[Standard Sweeper 'Mie]

Machamp @Scope Lens
-Cross Chop
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-????
[What is most standard for the last slot?]

Snorlax @ Leftovers
-Curse
-Rest
-DE
-EQ
[Curselax.]

Blissey @ Leftovers
-Heal Bell
-Softboiled
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower
[Standard. It can get Flamethrower, right?]

Skarmory @ None
-Curse
-Theif
-Drill Peck
-Whirlwind
[I'm pretty sure this is Standard-ness.]

6th spot is open. Maybe Raikou? Any suggestions are welcome.

- - - - -
w
h
a
t
s
u
p

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2002 05:45 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am making a team of the most STANDARD Pokémon that there are.

Look no further than http://www.pokemasters.net .

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2002 07:56 PM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Skarmory@leftovers
drill peck, curse, whirlwind, rest<--Standard

Ummm...I would go raikou or marowak in the last spot...Maybe take out curselax as well...its not used as much anymore...I dunno...

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2002 09:12 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blissey = fuxx0red by the water types. The original standard was the Counter Blissey. If you plan on using Blissey with Skarmory on the team, give Blissey Light Screen, Heal Bell, Softboiled, and either an Ice or Fire attack. Fish's Psycho Blissey can also work.

Lax... may be standard in principle... but curse and double-edge is not sexy. Just go with Body Slam or something. The PAR is cool, and the huge recoil you'll take after using a few curses' double-edge will not be nice. I no liek. Also, Selfdestruct is used instead of Rest from time to time. Rest is somewhat unnecessary. His stats will become padded after cussing, and leftovers will do the trick.

Machamp... the original standard used Light Screen, but I prefer Counter or HP-Bug.

Starmie: King's Rock only works with attacks which don't have a side effect. The only attack that will benefit from Starmie's holding King's Rock is Surf. Death Starmie was popular a while ago. Ice Beam works instead of Surf. Light Screen is an option if you want. Miracle Berry is also a nice item, if you're not going for the flinching.

You've got two electric weaknesses, which are both offset by Blissey's presence. You don't really need to worry about offensive water types, once again, for Blissey's presence. Snorlax also helps out here. If you want to counter some water types offensively, Raikou is a smart choice.

I think Gengar is fun to use, with Fire Punch, T-bolt, Destiny Bond or Explosion, and either Substitute or Confuse Ray.

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2002 01:14 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Zapdos.
PikaBlade
I AM A GIRL
Member # 1039

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2002 03:50 PM      Profile for PikaBlade   Author's Homepage   Email PikaBlade   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SDShamshel:
Zapdos.

Zapdos and Skarmory?

=/

- - - - -
~*Pikablade*~
"Truly, if there is evil in the world, it lies within the hearts of mankind." -Tales of Phantasia

Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2002 04:01 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*brings in HP ice Raikou*
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2002 04:19 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PikaBlade:

Zapdos and Skarmory?

=/

Hey, he wanted the most standard of standards, and it doesn't get any more standard than Zapdos.

Besides, Zapdos and Skarmory fill two very different roles, and their weaknesses don't overlap each other.

That, and Raikou isn't standard enough.

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2002 04:44 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Perhaps drop Starmie and stick Jolt/Wak in there...
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Jazz
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2519

Rate Member
posted 01-29-2002 08:32 PM      Profile for The Jazz   Email The Jazz      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Girafarig is old-school baton passing standard.... and yeah, Zapdos is Mister Standard Himself.

Smeargle may not exactly be standard, but it's pretty common...
either Spore / Spikes / Super Fang / (Sub?) or Baton Pass and stat uppers for Smeargle I think

What would be standard for Baton Passing Smeargle? Agility, Swords Dance, Sub?
I'd never use one myself....

If you wanna talk old-school original g/s favorites, put it Houndoom, w/
Sunny Day
Crunch
Solar Beam
Flamethrower

- - - - -
Gotta have more cowbell!

Totoro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1965

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2002 10:45 PM      Profile for Totoro   Email Totoro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it can get flamethrower and icebeam, but not at the same time. they are both move tutor moves, and you can only get one at a time. in anycase, replace flamethrower with fireblast if you really want a fire+ice move.

- - - - -
Of course everyone hates you. your a gay homosexual that keeps asking GUYS for buttsecks. Go to hell and screw the devil for all i care. ~ sl

From: Somewhere out there... | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2002 03:46 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Totoro:
it can get flamethrower and icebeam, but not at the same time. they are both move tutor moves, and you can only get one at a time.
Wrong, guess again. You can only learn one move every time the bitch appears... but you can certainly do it more than once.

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.